It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is All Of His Support?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I talked to alot of people before and after the presidential election. Alot of people said that Obama was the perfect person for the job and that he would make this economic "crisis" better. Well now since all of that has blown up in there face, I dont here anything about all the good that he is going to do.

I think that now people know what he's really doing they realize that they made a terrible mistake in making him the leader of this great country. Thanks

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

How true ...

If McCain was president we'd be swimming in money right now.

Money and glory!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tpeele
I talked to alot of people before and after the presidential election. Alot of people said that Obama was the perfect person for the job and that he would make this economic "crisis" better. Well now since all of that has blown up in there face, I dont here anything about all the good that he is going to do.

I think that now people know what he's really doing they realize that they made a terrible mistake in making him the leader of this great country. Thanks

He's only been in office a few months. Give the guy a break.
And what he's been asked to do is stop an avalanche with a teaspoon, ball of yarn and a candied yam.

If you or anyone thought that he could fix 8 years of governmental destruction in just a few months, their deluded.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ok, maybe he hasn't hut it took had time to fix all the problems. I mean he's not the Messiah that his supporters say he his. But it took him a week to grow a pair and authorize a seal team to go in for a rescue. It should have been authorized on day one. These pirates committed an act of war, and our CinC sat on his arse for a week before doing what needed to be done. He put this man's family and friends, not to mention this nation through hell before he decided to act.
Don't talk about Bush being indecisve. This man makes Bush look like a military genius.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
It is abit early to be saying obama has failed,
but it's never too early to look at what he has done so far.

What he has done so far is often vastly different to what he said he will do.
It is of some peoples opinion that he could be doing a better job.

If his intention IS to fix America, ( Which I don't believe he can, some NWO theorists would argue that is not even his plan ) then he appears to be going about it in strange ways.

I'm impressed with how many people are 'waking up'. But it's too little too late.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
i may dislike a democrat in office more than anyone on this site. but i am with most of the post's above we really need to give the man alittle more time. and before anyone bashes me for supporting this man i didnt vote for him. sure he hasnt made good on his promises, but what president has? sure his cabinet are tax evaders and extremists, but it hasnt been no where near long enough to make judgement calls on his actions as leader of this nation.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Well, as much as I never trusted Obama, I will give him time, like my opinion means anything
, to fix things and make things better. However I do not foresee his policies and decisions actually fixing what has taken many years to break. And I look back way farther than the last 8 years. However, I will not call for violent revolution, not yet, anyway. That would just upset my life terribly. Living in a heavily democrat area, I am quite surprised by the people who are speaking out against the current administrations actions. It's like a great awakening is occuring.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You guys are a laugh. Do really expect a president to do miracles?

Regardless of who was voted in as president an economic downslide, that has been years in the making, is not going to be fixed in a few months.

No one person can control the economy, and the government is not in control of it at all. If you want to fix the economy you'd better talk to a few bankers and oil men, who are responsible for a war that has no end.
Better ask them where all the money went, expensive fire works.

Capitalism, and the exploitation of the worlds population by greedy private enterprise, is what has got us into this mess, just like in 1920...

All the gov can do is cover asses and try to keep us pacified.
Naaah the gov is no longer in control, they take orders from private enterprise.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hey look! Even on ATS you can have people have no idea that the president is simply a stage act and cant actually do anything about the economy, because it is all controlled behind the scenes by a handful of people.

If they say jump, the government (including president obama or any other person) the economy jumps. If they say dive, the economy dives.

So I think its about time everyone stop pointing fingers at Obama, and also time for people to stop defending Obama. The state of the union is by design, not by accident. There's not one person that could ever stop what has been designed by being president. So quit debating it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

He's only been in office a few months. Give the guy a break.
And what he's been asked to do is stop an avalanche with a teaspoon, ball of yarn and a candied yam.

If you or anyone thought that he could fix 8 years of governmental destruction in just a few months, their deluded.

Mcgyver could do it though in the presidents defense he also has a swiss army knife. Sorry couldnt resist it was just to good of a setup.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
So what would you choose, a giant douche or a turd sandwich?

Maybe people will learn their lesson and vote for ron paul next time.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by tpeele

How true ...

If McCain was president we'd be swimming in money right now.

Money and glory!

Guess we'll never know.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CapsFan8
Maybe people will learn their lesson and vote for ron paul next time.

Oh yeah, that would have made all the difference.

[edit on 16 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tpeele

People are waking up finally and remembering what country they are in and don't have to take Obama or any other talking head politicos b.s. Thank God there's still a few sane people left in this world maybe we can make a difference.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
For crying out loud, the man's only been in office a scant four months. Surely, you're not expecting him to move mountains in this short amount of time.

Or, maybe you are...

Anyway, it's going to take a little more time than four months to dig this country out of it's current situation. Remember, Obama's administration inherited this mess, not created it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
"Inherited" is becoming simply an excuse.
BHO may not have "created" this "mess" but he most certainly is not making it any better. Double down and triple down should be relegated to those who play poker or participate in gambling practices, not a mind-set or practice to be applied to our national debt, now under the auspices of BHO, Pelosi, and Reid.

I suppose one legacy BHO will leave to the next decade or so worth of incoming administrations will be "inherited this mess".

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
I suppose one legacy BHO will leave to the next decade worth of incoming administrations will be "inherited".

Of course, that's how it works. The new administration always inherits situations left intact by the previous administration. It's not a hard concept to grasp.

That said, four months is hardly any time in the grand scheme of things to implement viable change.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

I suppose in four years, many of you will be espousing the very same thing.

Accordingly, if such is not a "hard concept to grasp' then no doubt, it is equally not that hard of a concept to grasp that using "inherited the mess" amounts to an excuse.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I agree that Obama inherited this mess. However, he didn't blindly inherited this mess. He knew beforehand the mess he was inheriting. That being said I agree that 4 months is hardly enough time to strengthened out the mess. However, for a guy who said he had the best plans for this economy, time isn't on his side. People are expecting results soon.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

It's not an excuse. It happens to be the reality of our nation's situation. Do you think these current events all magically popped over the course of the past four months?

Explain to me how the Obama administration played a role in creating what ultimately became the FannieMae fiasco? Bear Strearns? AIG? Big Auto? Skyrocketing unemployment? The Iraq War?

Surely, you're not suggesting any of these situations were incubated strictly within the last four months...

No, every one of these situations were well in motion during the previous administration. Every single one of these situations were inherited as a result.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join