It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Sadr Next Bin Laden?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Given the recent events in Iraq and the shift to fighting the insurgents and radical shiite islamists linked to Al Sadr, have we in a way created a new terrorist monster like Osama Bin Laden?

I believe that is the case to some degree.

We thought we could do this in a quiet way hidden from the view of the world. we thought that by shutting down a news paper ran by Al Sadr and other radical islamists we'd make it all go away.

Man did we ever underestimate this one.

Like it or not we are fighting radical islam, and we have helped create this monster (Al Sadr) in Iraq.

I think in the future it will show that Al Sadr will be elevated to the level of Osama Bin Laden.

The Islamic world will unite and it will be just the USA and UK alone against Islam.

I have and still believe this has always been the ultimate goal of Al-Qaeda.

In 1998 Osama Bin Laden said something like this in an interview with an arab news station. "We will ignite the passion for war in the infidels and bring them to war in the Arab land, and Allah willing we will send what is left of them home to see the shame of their ways"

Al Sadr... Osama Bin Laden... hmmm

Never Underestimate the enemy.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
you have your facts mixed up a little there and are making broad sweeping opinions without being fully informed. For instance:

" We thought we could do this in a quiet way hidden from the view of the world. we thought that by shutting down a news paper ran by Al Sadr and other radical islamists we'd make it all go away."

NO, we shut down the newspaper for 2 reasons that I know of. Al Sadr was wanted for the murder of another religious cleric and the paper was actively trying to get people to commit terrorism, he crossed the line between freedom of speech and intentionally inciting people to commit murder.

and this: "Given the recent events in Iraq and the shift to fighting the insurgents and radical shiite islamists linked to Al Sadr, have we in a way created a new terrorist monster like Osama Bin Laden"

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it's a Sunni rebellion not a Shiite. The Sunni's were the strong arm of Sadam and were living the good life until the US toppled their little kingdom. Al Sadar was sent into Iraq AFTER the war (by Iran) to incite this rebellion. As far as his connection to the Sheiits, I don't know of one.

" Like it or not we are fighting radical islam, and we have helped create this monster (Al Sadr) in Iraq.

I think in the future it will show that Al Sadr will be elevated to the level of Osama Bin Laden.

The Islamic world will unite and it will be just the USA and UK alone against Islam."

Ok, these comments are just.... crapola.... for lack of a better term. We did not "create" Al Sadar like I said before he's not even from Iraq (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Al Sadar becoming like bin laden? Don't think so there buddy, the first difference is about 150 million, yup that's right OBL started his little war with his daddies money. He is the leader of a group of rag tag disgruntled Sunni's who are very upset with the US because they had the good life (at the expense of 300,000 dead Sheiits not to mention.) They are a rebellion attempting to strong arm the US for power in the new Iraq, they think that using guns will get them there faster than helping rebuild Iraq and getting jobs, food and water to people.

The Islamic world will NOT unite and and be just the USA and UK. Where do you get this stuff from? They have about 1500 years of society development and not to mention the technological advances. They are so far behind us because of their religion it's pathetic. A majority of the people in the middle east live in clay huts, don't have paved roads, and to think they could make the type of societal changes that would allow the whole Islamic world to unite and even be close to comparable to the US would take a minimum of 200-300 years. In my opinion that figure is very optimistic.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Al Sadar was sent into Iraq AFTER the war (by Iran) to incite this rebellion. As far as his connection to the Sheiits, I don't know of one.

We did not "create" Al Sadar like I said before he's not even from Iraq (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I am pretty sure that Sadar is from Iraq. I have read a few times that his father was murdered by Saddam's secret police. I am not totally sure and I will try to verify this.

~Face

EDIT: He is an Iraqi. Here are some links:
al-sadar
Telegraph UK

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith

Correct me if I'm wrong here but it's a Sunni rebellion not a Shiite. The Sunni's were the strong arm of Sadam and were living the good life until the US toppled their little kingdom. Al Sadar was sent into Iraq AFTER the war (by Iran) to incite this rebellion. As far as his connection to the Sheiits, I don't know of one.

As far as I know the Sunnis are a radical sect of Shiites.

Look we all have our own views.
Mine to you are "crapola"

So nothing I say at this point really matters.

The point I was trying to make is that this war in Iraq has created a nation void of leadership, and the radical Islamists in all forms are seeking to exploit it, having a nation living under Islamic law, much like Afghanistan was under the rule of the Taliban.

I post my opinions or views on a topic only, not what I am being force fed by the media, so please exuse me for doing that!

I do believe we have created a place where someone like Osama Bin Laden can thrive and spread their twisted views, much like Al Sadr is doing now, they are turning the meaning of democracy into a joke... a sick one at that.

These radical islamic elements will only continue to exploit this situation, and they will continue to kill anyone who gets in their way.

Osama Bin Laden could have been a man with far greater vision into the future than many are willing to believe, he may have even forseen these events in Iraq.

Only Time will tell, and I will continue to post my crapola as long as the moderators see fit to let me.

Sorry to upset anyone, or if my posts are this bad, please u2u me and let me know my input is not wanted here!

Gazz

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
90% of muslims are Sunni's. Iraq is one of the rare places in the middle east where the Sunni's were a minority.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmithCorrect me if I'm wrong here but it's a Sunni rebellion not a Shiite. The Sunni's were the strong arm of Sadam and were living the good life until the US toppled their little kingdom. Al Sadar was sent into Iraq AFTER the war (by Iran) to incite this rebellion. As far as his connection to the Sheiits, I don't know of one.

The Sunnis and the Shi'ites are rising up against the US.
Sadr is an Iraqi Shi'ite cleric who has now said he will use suicide bombers if the US launches an assault on the city or religious sites.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In addition AceofBase, you have forgotten the other important ingredient to that equation.....
Sadr said he would use suicide bombers if the US launched an attack on Nejaf in trying to get him.
He is wanted for several possible criminal offenses.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I read so much stuff, it's not to hard to get facts mixed up. Sorry for the inaccuracies.

new topics

top topics

join