It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Ultimate Mythbusters: Thermite theory: What about re-creating a real 9-11 test?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before.

What about re-creating a real, say, 10-20 story (higher if possible) building with the same specs as WTC 1 and/or 2 and taking a the same plane w. same jet fuel amount and weight, then slam it into the WTC at the same angle and speed? All done by Remote control of course in an open and safe environment.

I'll set up the paypal account for those that wanna donate the many millions needed for this project.

Ready....



...GO.




posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Sorry, but it's going to take quite a bit more than a post at ATS to come up with that kind of money. It's not just a mere "many" millions. It's a couple hundred million.

The cost of the plane alone would be $128-$140 million for a 767-200 (2008 prices). Unless you bought a used one which would be a little cheaper.

With over 10,000 active members on ATS, that comes out to about $14,000 per member, just for the plane.

Now, if we could get everyone in the entire world that supports 9/11 truth to donate something between $10-$100 (or more) each, then this project could see the light of day. It would prove once and for all that jetliners can't take down a tower that was designed to sustain the impact of a jetliner.

*edit to add* I'm sure if we actually got the ball rolling and got enough donations to get started, and the world saw that there was a serious project going on, I'm sure there would be financing from wealthy people/organizations that would chip in as well.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I dont even want to think of the scale of this project. I mean are we going for exact replica down to the exact types of steel used in its original construction, the fireproofing, everything? Or more perfection of the Towers as they wre brand new, or more like the condition of them on 9/10?

I mean it would be the ultimate test, but I fear that it is beyond reach to get it as close as possible.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek
 


Ideally, yes. Same materials and everything. Yes, an ungodly amount of capital would be needed.

The next thought would be to re-create it on a smaller scale to save money. This however, probably would not satisfy either side of the believer/skeptic category. Still should be attempted, nonetheless, IMO.

Bonez: I like your thinking. Do you think it's possible to get enough people behind something like this? I think it's worth a shot...



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision
 


If someone took action and got the land picked out, say a desert area or somewhere that's remote and away from population, talked to some contractors and construction companies, inquired on the pricing and operation of a 767 remotely and had a plan written up and ready to go, with great advertising around the net, I think the 9/11 truth movement would have no problems funding this project.

I also think that once the project has legs and gets going, other larger investors will help fund it as well. This is all just my opinion, but you might be better served if you were to make a poll around 9/11 sites to see if people would donate the money to fund the project.

It can't be just a few people donating. It has to be everyone that believes in 9/11 truth everywhere in the world. It could work with the right organizing and advertising skills.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Seriously...seriously?

First off - you cant go buy "some desert" area as you folks stated - you need a peice of land with the EXACT same climate environment, so after you build your towers you can let them sit the REQUIRED 30 and 31 years ( both towers ) to simulate the exact event.

Then some Guh-gil-illion-aire in Spain is going to see this on CNN and say "why, look what those Americans are doing - I think I will kick in my share of 45.267 million dollars".

You do know by the time you let the materials ( your built towers ) sit for the time needed ( exact environment too ) to be a duplicate of the twin towers it will be the year 2040 - so you cant even fly your half scale airplane into the towers for another 31 years ( thats assuming you get the building started right away in 2009 ) how much interest will remain....seriously?

Just my opinion.

Dorian Soran



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
reply to post by NightVision
 


If someone took action and got the land picked out, say a desert area or somewhere that's remote and away from population, talked to some contractors and construction companies, inquired on the pricing and operation of a 767 remotely and had a plan written up and ready to go, with great advertising around the net, I think the 9/11 truth movement would have no problems funding this project.

I also think that once the project has legs and gets going, other larger investors will help fund it as well. This is all just my opinion, but you might be better served if you were to make a poll around 9/11 sites to see if people would donate the money to fund the project.

It can't be just a few people donating. It has to be everyone that believes in 9/11 truth everywhere in the world. It could work with the right organizing and advertising skills.



Yah, as with anything, money is the issue. I thought about this several times over the last years, a scale model to test the theories. But the hundreds of millions are a huge problem, and since most people with that type of money would give Bush a BJ at the opportunity, I doubt this would ever come to fruition.


It would be sooo nice though, if they build a scale model, stuffed it with office supplys, then loaded the entire plane with jet fuel and smashed into the building... and we got to watch it burn for days without collapsing... god that would be amazing.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

You do know by the time you let the materials ( your built towers ) sit for the time needed ( exact environment too ) to be a duplicate of the twin towers it will be the year 2040 - so you cant even fly your half scale airplane into the towers for another 31 years ( thats assuming you get the building started right away in 2009 ) how much interest will remain....seriously?



Do people still question/re-create weather JFK was shot by a lone gunmen in Dealey Plaza? Of course. This is one topic that will be debated for the next few decades at least!

With our technology, I would be willing to bet there are ways to hyper-age the materials and environment for this test, even to the point of making the towers weaker than they were on 9-11. But for the sake of argument, lets give you the benefit of the doubt.

The key here is obviously money.

But more intriguing than that is, perhaps that was the 'brilliance' of whomever planned the dreadful 9-11 scheme. Unlike the JFK assassination, they knew this scenario would be difficult to near-impossible to re-create.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I saw a youtube video very recently, I think it was linked from a thread here on ATS, perhaps someone can help?

Anyhow in this video, a conference of some kind, Adam Savage was asked this exact question, he said they had received many many requests for just that, and they had been considering it, but the whole scale of the thing would be impossible, not only for the cost, but no matter what they do, there will always be those who say it was done wrong, or they missed something, like what happens practically every episode, which normally results in a revisit to the myth.

I wish I could remember how I got to that video.

Found it





Direct Link

I think he gives you the answer your looking for.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin
 


Wow. Pretty cool video! Thnx for finding that. Guess it won't be on mythbusters anytime soon, but hey, a guy can dream can't he. Sucks that he got heckled by a few fans for even asking the question.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

But more intriguing than that is, perhaps that was the 'brilliance' of whomever planned the dreadful 9-11 scheme.


Are people still qustioning this? We all know it was Osama ( Usama ) Bin Laden - its really not that hard.

No need to do it over again in a grand expierment - Osama drew up the plans - terrorists flew airplanes into the buildings - they fell - Americans ( along with a lot international citizens ) died that day and changed our world forever.

See that didnt take millions of dollars and I answered your questions.

Just my ( and most of the worlds ) opinion.

Dorian Soran



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVisionThis is one topic that will be debated for the next few decades at least!


You do realize there are about 30 people in the world that think the American government ( or some form of it or organization within it ) could have done that terrible deed on that fateful day, and the funny thing is - all 30 of those people found their way to ATS.

Dorian Soran



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think it would be possible to do some kind of computer simulation ... but we would need all the specs possible to make it happen and people with knowledge



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dorian Soran

Originally posted by NightVisionThis is one topic that will be debated for the next few decades at least!


You do realize there are about 30 people in the world that think the American government ( or some form of it or organization within it ) could have done that terrible deed on that fateful day, and the funny thing is - all 30 of those people found their way to ATS.

Dorian Soran


Are u serious?

if so, Why so serious?

Anyone with a brain thinks that would be impossible for a cave man to do 9/11 ... you just need to be open minded ... the problem is that most of the people in the us are dumb ... they are blind ...



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by NightVision
 


Not to mention with a smaller building the same forces wouldn't be at work. The supports would have to hold up less weight.



posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol
 


Too bad the hijackers weren't cavemen. And isn't it rather racist to suggest that? Osama Bin Laden alone is a well educated man. Just his world view is a bit cracked.



posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I think a fair experiment would be to take a single 4 inch thick steel box column or plate of steel and shoot a coke can or some other hollow aluminum tube at the box column. You would get a very similar result as to what 'should' of happened to the planes on 9/11.



posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
build everthing to scale, like HORNBY does, you can recreat the atmosphere in a pressure chamber, just like the real mythbusters did with the experiment of the flag on the moon, just build an exact replica of said towers and planes and wam your there, it wouldnt take that much money you could claim the grants of your local govt,... go for it guys this will work



posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Sorry, but it's going to take quite a bit more than a post at ATS to come up with that kind of money. It's not just a mere "many" millions. It's a couple hundred million.

The cost of the plane alone would be $128-$140 million for a 767-200 (2008 prices). Unless you bought a used one which would be a little cheaper.

With over 10,000 active members on ATS, that comes out to about $14,000 per member, just for the plane.

Now, if we could get everyone in the entire world that supports 9/11 truth to donate something between $10-$100 (or more) each, then this project could see the light of day. It would prove once and for all that jetliners can't take down a tower that was designed to sustain the impact of a jetliner.

*edit to add* I'm sure if we actually got the ball rolling and got enough donations to get started, and the world saw that there was a serious project going on, I'm sure there would be financing from wealthy people/organizations that would chip in as well.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by _BoneZ_]



I love how quick you are to jump on these threads and say they are impossible, as such a staunch 911 truther, I find this hilarious.

All that needs to be done is recreate the steel sidewalls, and get a plane and fly it into it. Aluminum DOES NOT cut steel, especially went its a fraction of an inch thick, hitting steel several inches thick.

It can all be proven fraudulent just with that.



posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Insolubrious
 


Except, once again, an airliner is not a hollow aluminum can. And with enough velocity, an airliner will penetrate a steel building.....or do we need to start breaking out the photos from World War Two, showing aluminum Japanese airplanes penetrating the steel hull of warships?



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join