It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube - Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitches

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
There is nothing wrong with asserting your rights, and there is no doubt they were out to teach you a lesson so that you will comply with having your rights abused next time.

If they had no tasers, then they most likely would have shot you.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This reminds me of like 15 years ago, the NYPD gang up and soomized a guy with a toilet plunger, remember that? Or again, last year,, when the NYPD were beefin up security in the subways of NYC, and 3 ro 4 of them gang up on an old man, and sodomized him with thier police batton? Remember that?
I see now this level fo public service to sodomize its citizens, how now gone to the ranks of special officers(border patrol).
Remember the rapes last year reported from women over in Iraq> The kid who threw a puppy off the cliff in Iraq? Looked at what happened to him..he was sent home without and prison time. Kinda a waste fo time the military wnated publi opinion on what to do with this mindless misled kid, then just let him go..
This guys case, he's a pastor. Well, gopes to show yuo cannot trus the police at all, and yuo shoud take matters into yuor own hands, carefully of course, not all reckless and endandering others. Kinda shocks me, imaigne if he was the pope? or some high prist bishop, wanted to search thier car, and said no...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
I know he's a bishop and all..so dont know how h feels about sueing. BUt, if he si smart, he'll sue till it breaks the camels back financialy,a nd cause mas alyoffs in the border department

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Maybe the police didn't have real probable cause to search his vehicle or person, but all any officer has to do to get around the fourth amendment is say that you looked high, or he thought he smelled alcohol, and most courts would hold it up.

It's a conundrum, really, because we want police to have the autonomy to make decisions in the field, yet we also deserve our rights as laid out in the constitution. A theoretical solution would be to cleanse the police forces of the country of dishonest officers who are only on the force to boost their ego and replace them with those of higher virtue and better training. This is unlikely for many reasons, leaving us only with one eventual option: revolution.

I don't think that mass revolt is going to happen as fast as many people would like since the majority of the American public are still asleep, and I don't think most of them will wake up until things get much worse.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Not quite the same, but over here there was a pastor from America flying into LHR for a conference (not to speak but attend) and was stopped at border control. He was interrogated as to what he was doing, if he was speaking and if he would be receiving money. They then went to the website of the conference to ensure he was not down as a speaker (he was not). Finally they searched his belongings and counted the cash he had on him - stating they would check the amount of cash he has when he leaves....

A little OTT I think.....look where we are heading!

I am also aware of a group of american teens who came over here to help out with a charity (voluntary - no payment) for 2 weeks. They were turned back at border-control because they should have had a visa.... so much for our 'friendly relationship'....

(I realise much of this stems from religious con-artists, but this just seems a step too far)

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
edit...I watched the whole video and I still thing this guy instigated this. If you watch one of his other videos, he said as he was going through border patrol, he was asked where he was going and what he did for a living. Simple questions. The guy said he didn't have to tell them where he was going or what he did for a living. I really think this guy provoked this. That's what started it. He failed to mention that in the video the op posted. He in no way deserved to be tasered.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by virraszto]

Instigated this maybe, but only by doing what he was completely entitled to do. This whole thing really rests on one thing - his claim that the dog didn't actually smell anything.

If the dog did - then they had the right to call the cops to force a search - but then that still leaves the issue of the way he was treated. Tazering someone multiple times who isn't even resisting? Treading a mans head into broken glass? That's unacceptable in any circumstance.

If the dog didn't smell anything - well - this whole thing becomes quite sinister and real abuse of power and the mans human rights. If this was the case all of the officers involved should be looking at losing their jobs and maybe their freedom for a while.

But how the hell do they decide if the dog smelt something? Surely they have some guidelines? And surely the mans request to bring the dog back to prove their claim wasn't in anyway unreasonable? Should the Trooper have sent the man on his way once he asked and the Border Patrol officers refused to bring out the dog, even to him?

This once again raises the whole issue of the use of tazers - at what point should an officer be allowed to use one? We have recently started deploying these in the UK, and frankly I think there is way too much potential for abuse/unintentional misuse by officers for these to be a good idea at all.

The way I see it - especially in the US - officers are already armed with a gun. If things start getting out of control, draw the gun and warn the perp. If things continue and the officer is threatened but not in life threatening danger, fire one off into the guys foot or something. He'll comply after that.

I think officers are generally much more reluctant to use their firearm than a taser because they see it as having huge consequences if the screw up in their judgement - and that's a good thing for all concerned.

And a gun doesn't necessarily have to always be used as lethal force. It's threatening and can be used to incapacitate.

The view that tazers are 'harmless' and have 'no side effects' means they have become seen as a routine way to snap a suspect into line... with few consequences...

That's just not true. If you have been tasered before you will know it hurts - it's excruciating and effectively does (as this man said) amount to torture, in order to make you comply, in cases where it really isn't necessary.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
This reminds me of like 15 years ago, the NYPD gang up and soomized a guy with a toilet plunger, remember that? Or again, last year,, when the NYPD were beefin up security in the subways of NYC, and 3 ro 4 of them gang up on an old man, and sodomized him with thier police batton? Remember that?

Did this really happen? (Links?) What happened to the officers?

As far as I'm aware no one has ever been sodomised by a police officer in the UK. Except my wife of course - her ex was a police officer :-) - and he's an ass-hole.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   
We have every right to take our amendments as we choose, but that may come with a price and we need to be prepared for that. He should have been prepared too, knowing what he was up against at a long time problematic border crossing. This is a wake up call to understand that our freedom is not going to come without blood shed.

Now is the time to stop crying foul and get prepared. Don't sit wide-eyed anymore, in shock that something like this is happening. This is the police state we all knew was coming.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Asherah]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Well, this is the type of attitude you'd see from micro chipped cops, so what do you expect?

They can't think for themselves. Police are not what they use to be. Today, they are almost all micro chipped, and can no longer think.

It's sad, but what do you expect when the Elite are Nazi worshipers.

It's not a micro chip thats causing this. It's mind control.

Have you ever seen a "stage hypnotist" do his act? It's a real psychic that he's using to pull that stuff off, and it's the same stuff they use on the cops.

Alien mind control that stays in their head and doesn't come out. Believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Should have just complied with their BS and all would have been well. Just from the video you can tell this "Pastor" is arrogant and thinks he's know all the ins and outs of the law. Not saying I agree or am happy with what happened but you should have known better not to open you big mouth and start spouting off about rights you think you have. These cops are on a huge power trip and are just looking for people like him to give a good ass whopping.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Welcome to new world order. This reminds me of Soviet Techniques.

Seeing how cops killed the poor guy in G20, I would say this guy is lucky is to be alive.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
This poor guy. It is Fri at 10am now, I wonder how he is fairing...hope he returns to post another youtube vid.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Absolutely unbelievable! This is America, welcome to the POLICE STATE!

When will we wake up? When are all those Republicans and Democrats going to realize the game is rigged, our country is going down, and we are allowing this type of thing to happen.

This type of incident happens frequently, daily, many times a day, thank god this guy spoke out!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
The guy said he didn't have to tell them where he was going or what he did for a living. I really think this guy provoked this. That's what started it.

This is what's wrong with American. People like the person above believes it's alright to give absolute power to any idiot in a uniform.

You can ask me what I do for a living or where I'm going and I won't tell you. Do I deserve to be tazered? Just because you asked and I didn't answer your question?

There's a reason we have a Constitution and it's for incidents like this. If you don't believe in what the Constitution stands for (or what's written therein) maybe you should think about moving to Pakistan or maybe Bolivia.

How much money do you make? Tell me now! It's vitale to national security. Don't make me shoot you.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Don't believe a word this guy says in the video. He purposely antagonizes/harasses police officers and then states one lie after another.

Here are couple of his other videos.

www.youtube.com...

In that one he gets upset because the officer wouldn't tell him what kind of weapon he was carrying. So he starts lying about the officer by saying he is harassing citizens with a machine gun. Just look at the title of the video. He was doing nothing more than harassing the officer.

In this next video he is whining about being questioned as to why he was in the parking lot of a closed business. In the video he asks how did they know his name. The moron forgets that he handed the officer his rental agreement for the car. Toward the end of the video he make a claims that the officers drove away 30MPH over the speed limit because they were scared to talk to him.

www.youtube.com...

Read the titles of the videos and then watch hiw they do not live up to the title. The guy is a nut who has an agenda against law officers.

One more video before I go. This is shows just how defiant, argumentative, belligerent and pretentious this man is against law enforcement.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by tjsteeler]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'd just like to comment on the dog being used as probable cause to search the car.

It appears that police can search any vehicle they want, because they can always fake probable cause. In this case it appears the dog didn't even alert at all. Although, according to Barry Cooper, the dog handler could have easily got the dog to "false alert"and get probable cause anyway.

I think probable cause involving canines should be seriously reconsidered as the potential for abuse is becoming more and more apparent.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

He instigated it? That excuse may have worked in the first grade, but it will not work on me or in a court of law. Everything he did was within the law. You only perceive that what he did was wrong out of fear. A fear of power, of authority, and of a boot stomping on your face if you refuse to comply with unlawful demands.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Viral]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viral

He instigated it? That excuse may have worked in the first grade, but it will not work on me or in a court of law. Everything he did was within the law. You only perceive that what he did was wrong out of fear. A fear of power, of authority, and of a boot stomping on your face if you refuse to comply with unlawful demands.

Yes, he instigated it. This guy has made a few other videos showing him being belligerent, defiant, untruthful and just an all-around ass toward police.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dienekes

... conduct a Terry-type protective search of those portions of the passenger compartment in which a weapon could be placed or hidden.

What does "Terry-type protective search" mean?

[edit on 17/4/09 by ConspiracyNut23]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjsteeler

Originally posted by Viral

Yes, he instigated it. This guy has made a few other videos showing him being belligerent, defiant, untruthful and just an all-around ass toward police.

I kind of figured there was more to this when I saw the posted video. Sure enough he's using a tactic that was actually developed by someone else to try and get out of speeding tickets. But he doesn't follow the plan quite right. But that's not my point.

I was wondering how he could recall every officers name. I never check names right off the bat and chances are if they were wacking on me last thing I would be doing is trying to check the name. I would be defending myself which he claims he didn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join