It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube - Baptist pastor beaten + tazed by Border patrol - 11 stitches

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well...the border patrol and many other government institutions do think it's OK and valid to racially profile when it comes to the southern borders, our airports and ports etc. Trouble is the border patrol cannot tell the difference between Mexicans, people from the middle east or Guatemalans for that matter. If you live on the border you can tell the difference usually. Probable cause is "driving while brown".

This particular fellow does not look very brown but as I've said before the border patrol has little to no accountability and local law enforcement also likes to get in on the action and participates and does assists. There are no protections for anyone who gets pulled over. BTW it is legally within your rights to drive to the nearest town if the border patrol tries to pull you overin an isolated or rural area. They cannot shoot you for the first 15 miles that you refuse to pull over.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
No winners in this one. He was wrong and stupid to not cooperate, the Officers were way out of line in how they responded. Of course all of this depends on how truthful he is in the first place. For all we know he caused the whole incident and is practicing a lie for court or a law suit?

Those Officers were within their rights to search the car by the way, that is an old druggie myth. Too bad he was not smart enough to cooperate and he would have driven off a couple of minutes later with and apology for the inconvenience most likely.

Forgive me for the skepticism but I ran with a bad crowd when I was young and they talked just like that and always claimed complete innocence.

He should not cite the Fourth Amendment to the world if he does not know it.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

This applies to private property only, not a car. When you get a Drivers License you agree to being subject to search for cause. No Warrant is needed.

I'd say both sides screwed up here. He sounds more like an Activist than a Pastor. Who knows? Being honest I can't jump to conclusions since the only side of the story we have is from the guy who refused to cooperate for no reason.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

He should have known better than to stand up to the jackbooted thugs. Face it people, the country is lost.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisCrikey

I find it interesting that when I've driven through there on trips, they just wave me through and usually smile. I'm not sure I buy this one.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Wow thats a brutal story, its a shame when people try to exercise their rights as human being we get treated like slaves... im so spreading this video.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
So what can this guy do as a result of this? Call on his congressman? I ( feel even knowing the constitution and the BOR I still would let them do what they want just to save myself from becoming a microwaved dinner or to have my face graded like cheese. Am I wrong?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
He shouldnt be focusing on Youtube, he should be getting a good lawyer, who could easily eat up this case. If he is telling the whole the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I was passing through the San Clemente check point northbound on I-5 one night and a U.S. Border Patrol agent asked me, “What are you smiling about? … do you think I’m funny?"

Then he starts banging on the quarter panels of my pick-up truck with his night stick. He had this real angry expression on his face. A dude with a short fuse, a tin badge, and a gun. Definitely not a good combination.

Seemed as if he was trying to get me to react. I just kept my mouth shut and didn’t say a friggin' word. There was no probable cause for his posturing, other than the fact that I entered the check point with a smile on my face.

We’re still living in the dark ages. Hopefully videos like this one will wake the American people up, before it’s too late.

Peace on Earth!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by seasoul]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

I'd laugh if it wasn't so sick. A preacher he must be public enemy number #1. This just goes along with Obama's group covering images related to Jesus at that college and the professor who screamed at a girl for praying.
We live in such a lovely country don't we. Its fine for them to pull this crap but we don't dare yell or complain about people infringing on our religion and freedoms. Ladies and gentlemen welcome to Communist Land,USA.

[edit on 12-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I look at situations like this and laugh. Firstly, I think the OP is brave and was good he stood up for his rights.

But sometimes common sense is more important than pride.

Had you followed their instructions, got out of your vehicle, allowed them to search the car, you would have avoided all those bad things from happening.

Have a think about the consequences you faced after refusing to comply with their modest request, and the ones you would NOT have faced if you simply let common sense prevail.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow! this calls for a John Titor quote:

Titor: Sometimes I watch your television programs that show SWAT teams using new non-lethal weapons. They usually start out with, “In the future, the army and police will fight its enemies with new weapons systems…” When they use the word “enemy”, they’re talking about YOU!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
sounds to me like these agents need to be found and have a divine beat down handed to them. I actually think they are spoiled brats who didn't get their way so they showed him didn't they?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

This applies to private property only, not a car. When you get a Drivers License you agree to being subject to search for cause. No Warrant is needed.

The reduced expectancy concept has broadened police powers to conduct automobile searches without warrants, but they still must have probable cause to search a vehicle 62 and they may not make random stops of vehicles on the roads, but instead must base stops of individual vehicles on probable cause or some ''articulable and reasonable suspicion'' Supp.5 of traffic or safety violation orsome other criminal activity. Supp.6 By contrast, fixed-checkpoint stops in the absence of any individualized suspicion have been upheld. 64 Once police have validly stopped a vehicle, they may also, based on articulable facts warranting a reasonable belief that weapons may be present, conduct a Terry-type protective search of those portions of the passenger compartment in which a weapon could be placed or hidden. 65 And, in the absence of such reasonable suspicion as to weapons, police may seize contraband and suspicious items ''in plain view'' inside the passenger compartment. 66
(the numbers in the external quote are links to footnotes on the actual web page)
Source

Texas v. Brown, 460 U.S. 730 (1983)

Based on the man's story (providing he gave every detail in truth), I didn't see any probable cause there. Nonetheless, the excessive force was infuriating (again providing the man is giving every detail truthfully.)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
[edit on 17-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
THIS MAN IS A RIGHTWING EXTREMIST.

-On his Youtube account he has multiple videos of people going through border checkpoints looking for trouble.

-Obama Deception video

-Sermon "Planned Barrenhood" where he says why Janet Napolitano should be shot

-Or how San Francisco needs to be hit by a hurricane instead of Houston (2007)

OH AND....

[edit on 16-4-2009 by stereotype]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by stereotype

Good find!
Like in a divorce...there are two sides to the story.

My guess is that this guy took it to the limit and got
what he was looking for. Or he crashed his quad at
the dunes and made up this whole story to fit his
injuries!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
His story changes a little bit as he's telling his church members what happened. The dogs didn't come in until later.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Honestly, I dont even know what to say to this. I just feel its important to respond, im going to use single words to describe how I feel for this guy and the situation he has been through...Sad, disgusted, unfair, cruel, ruthless, abused, humiliated,. I hope this guy goes far enough to get these "officers" charged for what they did. Stuff like this sickens me. What kind of world do we live in????

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
now i watch that video of him talking about barrack obama. Thats retarded, shut the # up, who are you to preach about this in a church. That is not the place for it, HE needs to go back to Church....what a joke....

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Derty]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereotype
THIS MAN IS A RIGHTWING EXTREMIST.

-On his Youtube account he has multiple videos of people going through border checkpoints looking for trouble.

-Obama Deception video

-Sermon "Planned Barrenhood" where he says why Janet Napolitano should be shot

-Or how San Francisco needs to be hit by a hurricane instead of Houston (2007)

OH AND....

LMAO, what a clown! Oh, I mean...erm, I...don't go to his kind of church.

I would have to say, this minister is a rather unsavory character. I don't care to peruse the rest of his material, so I'll take your word for it. Not my kind of stuff, really.

I live by SF and we already get earthquakes man...why's he gotta hate like that? Damn.

I just thought it would be relevant to mention that while there may be issues that you either agree or disagree with and it would appear that this man's motivations could be questionable, I only hope that justice is served.

Regardless of this man's motivations, though, based on his testimony and taking it as truth, his rights were trampled on and if things went the way he says they did, it shall set him free.

Despite whatever differences we as citizens have, though, if we start deciding that justice is only for the virtuous in our own eyes and not for every citizen, then we may find ourselves standing alone and without anyone to help in our own time of need. This is an age old lesson, people.

I don't know how old or young some of you here are, but the way you seem to pretend this guy had it coming or that "all he had to do was comply" and he would have been on his way are missing the point like you've never heard the euphemism "give 'em an inch and they take a mile".

We're a long way from the wild west here people, at least, I thought we were.

Oh, and thanks to the considerate individual who highlighted the actual provisions of the vehicle code pertaining to this incident. Now I know what my rights are were the same thing to happen to me.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by 4N6310]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join