It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verizon Business Study finds organized crime is to blame for security breaches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Verizon Business Study finds organized crime is to blame for security breaches

www.tgdaily.com

Chicago (IL) - Verizon Business has released a report which claims that organized crime is actually responsible for the majority of increasing corporate electronic records breaches. There were 285 million security breaches last year, which was more than the total number of record breaches that had occurred in the past four years combined.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What?!!! It wasn't us internet using homegrown constitutional moderates?

Maybe they'll stop spying on us and start going after the criminals now.

It was never 'rocket science' to figure out why these security breaches have been happening. But of course, isn't Organized Crime a form of 'terrorism'? The Patriot Act seems vague enough to accommodate that claim. Why don't they stop tapping our communications and start going after these people?

Perhaps we'll have to wait for corporate America to make the call, after all - they own the Federal Government...

The sad part is, our Justice Department is too busy preparing for 'right-wing' or 'left-wing' or 'human with a pulse wing' dissent.

www.tgdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Maybe they'll stop spying on us and start going after the criminals now.

Doubt it. This seems like a biased report coming from Verizon, a leader in communciations.

I think that 'Organized Crime' is a bit much of an assumption as I am sure that many of these corporate breaches are un-related and just as easily attributed to human error, imperfect/constantly evolving software applications and the fact that integration and transfer of records to the new paradigm is going to necessarily meet with issues.

This sounds like an ambiguous scapegoat is being cited to justify further controls of the system and pre-empt some negative feedback in light of privacy concerns...in my opinion of course.

And not that I think that breaches have and will occur...I just think this explanation is too cleanly wrapped up in a nice bundle for public consumption...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Organized crime seems to me another way for government supremecists to describe non taxed circulation of currency. Government works for the people, therefore if the people are corrupt so are the memebr sof government. But to claim crime when most if not all people assert soverignty and freedom from coercion and to coerce those that actively stand for freedom and liberty, makes one no different than a so called criminal. To commit a crime now, means to merely assert a right or freedom, which many have clearly died for. But to claim a society where one can only have priveleges completely demeans and degrades all that gave meaning to the declaration of independence and the bill of rights.

To claim ownership of property and to exact a loyalty fee as a property tax to the king/president merely places us in the position that many died for and should death come again or if those that resist be called criminal then I stand with Thomas Jefferson and many others that would would say the king has no right to my property nor any right to search my property, everything else such as dirt or wind may pass through my building but no government king or kingsmen lest they expect the same from the citizenry of their property.

Equal rights of slavery or permission or privilege are no rights at all. Why should anyone want to be owned by someone other than themselves? Once you hand over your property or body no rights are capable of being used.

Government doesn't grant us permission to live our lives we grant the government permission to help us run our lives, not to interfere or disrupt our lives, nor to harm our lives, yet we have allowed this to exist as acceptable. We created congress and in a few acts could just as easily abolish it, since we created this belief system and cna change it if we don't ant it anymore, but this system has taken and given itself the role of guardian when nothing of the sort has been asked for.

Saying organized crime maybe to blame for security problems would be pretty far fetched when they don't manufacture any of the hardware and the Chinese have been caught creating backdoors in routers, but then you claim the maybe organized crime that did the spying, but either way it covers for government operations that fight over each others secrets so they can commit financial fraud and business fraud all in the name of national security for the kings forces/presidents forces.

top topics

join