It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schakowsky: Tea parties 'despicable'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Fair enough, I'll be periodically checking on you in this regard.

I'll gladly send you periodic updates but as it stands the only way for me to live tax free will result in my incarceration or my death at the hands of government gestapo.

Help me to "opt out" and I'll fill you in on my life. So far no lawyers will touch it because the end result is always imprisonment or death.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrZERO

Rep. Jan Schakowsky (D-Ill.) blasted "tea party" protests yesterday, labeling the activities "despicable" and shameful."

What I find despicable and shameful is that she voted for the bailout bill. It really doesn't surprise me at all that she would come out opposing those who are protesting what she has done. I am sure that she will sleep better at night thinking that all these people are too stupid to know what they are protesting about.

As far as people protesting income taxes and having a conflict of interest, I don't think there is any. The income taxes that we pay only go towards the interest of the federal reserve and not for infrastructure. Thus they are protesting against the federal reserve and it makes complete sense to do so with the income tax. There are plenty of other taxes that pay for infrastructure. Don't believe me? Then how on earth did the country ever survive before 1913 when the income tax was instituted?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

you sure you don't want my tax bill? I'm just kidding i wouldn't wish my tax bill on anyone. I am getting use to it but next year it should be alot lower since i closed my business before the end of 08 so no more high taxes for me.

And i think we are preaching to the choir here we all know that all of the MSM spin everything to fit their agenda. I have no doubt that fox didn't try to lead some of the tea parties but for the most part they were grass roots movements and it makes this patriot happy to finally see more people waking up.

Now if people will wake up enough to quit re-electing these corrupt career politicians to congress and the congress members remember they work for us and they better listen to us, we might see some real change one day.

I think we are a long way from that but all take the message of the tea parties as a start to true change

now if ya'll will excuse me i gotta go get ready for my daughters and mine birthday party. hard to believe they are another year older today and i'll be another year older tomorrow.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
How is it despicable or shameful that people in a free country protest anything. I dont remember anyone in the Bush administration saying the war protestors were despicable or shameful for protesting the war,even when they were burning Bush in effigy.

It is our right to protest. As far as taxes and government spending goes it would be despicable and shameful if we didnt protest, just like it would be despicable and shameful for anti war folks not to protest.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Can you tell me specifically what government services i receive for the federal taxes that i am forced to pay ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

I have to agree with you about the money wasted on wars.

How about the money wasted on foriegn aid? One example between 1949 and 1997 we gave Israel $74,157,600,000. in grants and loans, another $9,047,227,200 in aide, all this in under 50 years. But the real kicker is the fact that we pay interest to give them this money. We actually borrow money and pay interest on it to give to another country, so that we can give it to them early, unbelievable. And that's just one country.

But it's despicible for us to complain about where our money goes

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
still haven't figured out why they bought 1 million teabags to protest wasteful government spending.

www.nbcwashington.com...

i have nothing against protesting, its actually kind of encouraging to see people standing up for what they believe in. mass public protest may be the only way to change the system in any meaningful way. but i have to ask. Where were these protesters for the 8 years of Bush 2? how much did he drop into Iraq? wiretapping? homeland security? tax cuts for the rich? etc....

or is just certain things that get the right off the couch? or certain parties?

its hard to get behind a Fox News sponsored protest from where i'm sitting. Corporate sponsored protests? seriously?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
And still people here on ATS were saying yesterday that the protests weren't being hijacked and presented as ``republicans, anti-Obama`` protests.

Sorry, that's how the medias presented it, and that how the majority of americans who won't go find the truth think it is.

The americans tea parties are PRO-LIBERTY and PRO-Constitution and anyone trying to make that a republican-democrat debate is a lunatic.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by KotovSyndrome

I understand why people like yourself ask where were these people during the Bush era. But people that ask that have to realize that people especially american citizens have their breaking limits,and they won't take to the streets until they reach their limit. and i think we are starting to reach the point where people are waking up and saying enough is enough.

a lot of peoples breaking point was when Bush decided to bailout wall st. and they got even more up in arms when Obama continued down the same path as Bush regarding wall st.

Alot of peoples breaking point was after 9/11 and having the patriot act shoved down our throats.

Alot of peoples breaking point is the 2nd amendment and HR 75 i think it is.

And alot of people are finally figuring it out that you can't just blame the current or past stooge behind the presidents desk you have to blame the corrupt congress. They are finally realizing you can't blame the president for the laws since he can't write them. But you can blame him for signing them into law. People are starting to see that Congress is to blame for alot of the problems in the U.S. every time they pass a law it is stuffed full of Pork for their pet projects. every time they pass a law it erodes more and more of our rights. and every time they pass a law it shows that they really don't care about their employer, its all about them and the special interest groups so they can get re-elected.

And alot of people like myself are tired of paying an ungodly amount of taxes just to have the congress and the president give it to the Fed and to wall st. The federal taxes i just paid will not go towards infrastructure, it will go straight to the fed and wall st. The Social Security taxes i just paid will not go in to the trust fund for Social security and there will not be a Social security fund when i'm able to retire. instead all that money will go to wall st along with the Medicare taxes i just paid.

I very seriously doubt that the Fuel taxes and Highway use taxes i paid this year will go towards infrastructure improvements, they will probably go to wall street.

Seriously if you guys seen my total tax bill and all the different taxes both personal and business that i have paid in the last 5 years to the feds, to my state, to the county it would surprise you. and to top it off by time i hold out for all the taxes i barely make over minimum wage, but yet even if i wanted to i can't get any help from uncle sam or my state because i made to much money!

So all you guys that say taxes are a good thing and they go towards infrastructure and helping people, you'll have to excuse me because personally i know where my tax dollars go and its not to where the government tells the public. And those tax cuts that Obama promised to the Middle class, yeah i want to know where my tax cut is because i paid more in taxes this year than i did last year to uncle sam!

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Mercenary2007]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The Federal Income Tax is an un-needed burden on a majority of households who watch 3 months worth of their income get looted by the Federal Government, only to have itbe handed over to the Privately Owned Federal Reserve as interest payments on the growing National Debt.

Mmm, indeed.

Yet I wonder how long the "teabaggers" would go before they started complaining at the lack of government services their taxes provide should they be withdrawn.

Just sayin' ...

[edit on 16 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

Wow, are you saying that they could be 'punished' for not 'behaving'. Now if someone made the same threat to any other group in society - all hell would break out.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   

The Federal Income Tax is an un-needed burden on a majority of households who watch 3 months worth of their income get looted by the Federal Government, only to have itbe handed over to the Privately Owned Federal Reserve as interest payments on the growing National Debt.

Mmm, indeed.

Yet I wonder how long the "teabaggers" would go before they started complaining at the lack of government services their taxes provide should they be withdrawn.

Just sayin' ...

[edit on 16 Apr 2009 by schrodingers dog]

HOLY CHRIST! Quit perpetuating this myth. 3 stars for spewing ignorance, makes me so sick.

NOT ONE DOLLAR OF ANY PERSONS TAXES GOES TO BUILDING THE INFRASTRUCTURE, OR PROVIDING THE SERVICES THAT YOU USE ON A DAILY BASIS. PERIOD.

All of those things are funded by the multitude of OTHER taxes which we pay every single time we spend money. To list a few:

- Excise tax
- Transport Tax
- Provincial or state sales tax
- Property tax
- Gambling taxes

etc. The list is literally ENDLESS, all those taxes build the roads we use, the schools we send our kids to, puts the police on the road to catch us speeding, and make sure there's always a friendly fireman to come snag that kitty out of your tree.

Since '33, the US has been BANKRUPT. They get their money EXCLUSIVELY from the federal reserve. YOUR SSN/SIN IS HOW THEY USE YOU TO FLOAT THE LOANS WITH THE IMF (FED RES)!

They are given loans, because they show they have 300m citizens faithfully paying taxes. OR MORE CORRECTLY *PAYING THE INTEREST OF THE DEBT*

Please people, GET EDUCATED AND QUIT PERPETUATING MYTHS! YOUR TAXES GO TO INTERNATIONAL BANKERS, NOT TO YOUR COUNTRY! PEOPLE WHO PERPETUATE THIS MYTH ARE JUST AS MUCH TO BLAME FOR THE REALITY OF SOCIETY!

[edit on 16-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

Imagine that
An elected official opposed to free speech and democracy
For some reason I find that funny if it did not scare me and make me want to cry.

I wonder how much Pork Obama gave her to take home. Hmmm, Ill have to check. He bought her with something I'm sure.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercenary2007
reply to post by KotovSyndrome

I understand why people like yourself ask where were these people during the Bush era. But people that ask that have to realize that people especially american citizens have their breaking limits,and they won't take to the streets until they reach their limit. and i think we are starting to reach the point where people are waking up and saying enough is enough.

Amen, Brother
I'm no Republican but I am pissed off right now. My business is down by 30% and everything Obama does is making it worse. I knew someday a genuine radical would make it into the White House. Pelosi says jump, he says how high. How in God's Name can a President and a Congress spend more in four months than every other Administration in history combined and still have the support of anyone?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Bill of Rights, Amendment I: Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Nobody who finds ANY part of the Constitution of the United States of America "despicable" should be allowed to hold office in any part of the government. Period.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

I have to tell you all this. The tea party that I organized in our town of 17,000 people was nonpartisan in presentation. We had between 400-500 people in attendance (town is small, but big enough for a super walmart and home depot) and we got 250 people to sign our petition to get our legislature to pass legislation reinforcing our state sovereignty.
It rocked. We had such a huge turn out in cold temperatures with the threat of snow/rain.

Today I was accused by a very well known Democrat in town of having a very well organized tea party that must have had a lot of money behind it.
yeah right, I wish! Just a lot of sweat, tears and sleepless nights behind this one lady!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A majority of your income tax goes directly to the servicing of the national debt, which is the money we all owe to central banks for the use of thier money + interest. The income tax was brought in for this function...to pay for the use of their money. This has nothing to do with roads or services and everything to do with debt slavery.

So ya, considering this money goes directly into the pockets of central bankers and not into fixing potholes, I think everyone who is extorted into paying this tithe should be a little bit pissed, especially when debt free money has shown to be such a blessing to the common man historically.

Roads and schools = good
Paying interest on our own money = bad

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Ron Paul Girl

Same in Anchorage. Members of all Parties were there. This was not a Partisan event. They are lying as usual. I think they are scared.

I checked, she votes Party Line and always votes no to funding our brave Soldiers. I don't care how you feel about the War, you have to be a bad person to vote no to funding them when they are in harms way in an all Volunteer Military. I'm opposed to the War also but that is a step to far. She has no credibility. She voted yes to all the spending.

When the Inflation starts perhaps then people will wake up. It's just around the corner. There is no other way to deal with the debt. They painted us into a corner. They will engineer inflation to the breaking point to save themselves.

...and the printing presses keep rolling along, spitting out greenbacks by the truckload. Thanks so much Congress.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The "tea parties" represent what the politicians and the elite fear above all else. It is people from all political parties, and all races, and all CLASSES coming together, and saying "F YOU! We've had enough!".

THAT, my friends, is what TPTB fear the most.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

He didn't have to buy her with anything, they're all part of a well oiled machine and wash each other's hand all the time as we know all too well here in Chicago. We try to get em out we really do, but no one will even run against their ring leader Daley

She lives in Evanston, suburb right next to us. You might wanna check and see if the POTUS has had any dealings with her husband, or if her or her husband have had any dealings with the friend of the POTUS Mr. Tony Rezko.

I just attempted to research her and with the first page that i clicked on my anti virus came up saying i had been hit by a virus, screen started goin crazy and when i got it under control my anti virus had quarantined a virus and a trojan. Call me paranoid, but that's never happened before and it's just a little coincedental for me. I sure can't afford to lose my pc, so i won't be trying to research her anymore.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Another example of a opportunist looking to take advantage of the tax protests for her own gain perhaps Congresswoman Schakowsky is hoping that the Administration takes note of her defense of the President and will save her husband from imprisonment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join