It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'stop attempt on Morales'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Police 'stop attempt on Morales'

news.bbc.co.uk

Bolivia's President Evo Morales says three foreigners have been killed after he ordered police to thwart a planned assassination attempt against him.

Security forces killed three alleged international mercenaries in the city of Santa Cruz, Mr Morales said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
One has to wonder if this is propaganda play to appeal to the people of Boliva or if this could have turned into another Mumbai Hotel attacks if the police had not intervened.

Certainly, I wouldn't put it past any "Western" nation to attempt an assassination on Morales.

I guess we'll have to read the information as it comes to see if indeed, this was a thwarted 'terrorist' attack or possibly just played up propaganda to appeal to his countrymen ... not unlike some antics put on by rulers of other countries to inspire patriotism for their President.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I wonder if we'll see increased 'chatter' from the White house/ EU regarding this incident.

Maybe they slipped up and caused 2 of their guys to get caught. The next few days could be very interesting, to say the least.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
i see the 2 arrested where from ireland..i wonder if sinn fien will claim they are innocent and only there for peaceful matters..much like the 3 ira man arrested in Columbia ( 2 convicted bombers )who promptly disappear when they got bail and are living openly back in Ireland even thou there's an international warrant out on them..

top topics

join