It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Targets Mexican Cartels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
so since he is going to prosecute Americans, will he prosecute the CIA? maybe the FBI? who are among the biggest drug trafficker around...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo67
its pretty apparent that the majority of us citizens dont have the cojanes to do what it takes to win any war.

thing is no matter whose in power the us will always have enemies,always will need to fight a "waR" the only thing that changes are the names they are called.

legalizing drugs is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever heard. we will still have all the same freaking problems only a million fold

whats next adding heroin,marajuana,coc aine to medicare

Ahh, nothing like a great, healthy dose of ignorance to get me in the mood to write.

Please, before ever posting anything related to drugs in any way, anywhere on the internet. Read up on Law Enforcement Against Prohitibition, they have a website www.leap.cc...

They also wrote a book entitled "The New Prohibition: Voices of Dissent Challenge the Drug War"

Keep in mind, this is law enforcement, politicians, judges, DEA agents, chiefs of police including Joseph Macnamara, who came together to write this book. Do you not think that these people have a good indication on the effectiveness of drug policy? I think so.

The drug war CAN NOT BE WON. PERIOD. How can you sit behind your computer screen saying "americans don't have the cajones", are you just flat out ignorant, or just very slow?

The drug war budget went from 60m during Nixon (who created the 'drug war' only to target blacks) to 18billion under Clinton. And it has since increased substantially under Bush and now Obama.

Drugs are just as easy as ever to get, and are cheaper. We are also spending countless billions on the millions incarcerated for minor drug charges. Yet, on the street, while those millions get locked up, nothing changes.

Before I waste any more time destroying your ignorance please clarify a portion of your post:

legalizing drugs is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever heard. we will still have all the same freaking problems only a million fold

What are these problems that will no doubt, increase a million fold? Just please, state a few examples.

Additionally, zero capitalization, poor grammar and punctuation are a fantastic way to make yourself appear even more intellectually dim than your words alone can do. Great job.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
so since he is going to prosecute Americans, will he prosecute the CIA? maybe the FBI? who are among the biggest drug trafficker around...

Haha, yah I wonder eh, that would be priceless. "Freeway Ricky Ross" one of the most notorious gangsters in LA was buying his Coke exclusively from the CIA, they were the only one who could supply the quantities needed.

He was cooking up over 100kilos of crack every day, in some days alone he would net a million + in profits. A network of 40 houses, from cash counting houses, dispensaries, cook houses, etc he had an empire going.

Brought to you exclusively by the CIA. YAY! Make millions running coke, while destroying the black communities, that sounds like an Operation I would be proud of the CIA for.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
attacking my intelligence, and grammar typical tools of a hater.

guess you never make typos.

an intelligent person doesnt go around telling everyone around him how "supposedly" stupid they are-which your not so smart eh because there is always someone around smarter.

its that attitude of " hey you cant win a war so dont do nothing about it"
is exactly why i made the cajone remark.

in your world where you want legalized drugs is a world i dont want no part of.

i wonder how many of these pro drugs people actually used or know some whose life has been destroyed by them.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Ok, I am liking how this thread is going... I agree with the fact that regulated drugs would be much more consistent in potency. I am slightly biased on opiates because of my own life experience. As to the ignorance, educate yourself before you make comments that make you look like an ass.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

attacking my intelligence, and grammar typical tools of a hater.

guess you never make typos.

So is ignoring 95% of my post, to point out my small well placed attack. Notice I brought information and logical discussion, and then pointed out your shortcomings.

an intelligent person doesnt go around telling everyone around him how "supposedly" stupid they are-which your not so smart eh because there is always someone around smarter.

There was no claim of this by me, I told you how it was, and that you really needed to look into things before making such ignorant comments. It's clear you don't care about making a valid point, rather just want to spew your ignorant opinion. And there's absolutely no doubt that their are geniuses on this board, and I am not one of them, but at the same time there is an exponentially larger amount of people that couldn't get a clue if it smacked them across the face.

its that attitude of " hey you cant win a war so dont do nothing about it"
is exactly why i made the cajone remark.

What are you even talking about? Can you even understand what you are saying? You make it sound like we are sitting here today debating whether we should start a drug war.

IT'S BEEN GOING STRONG FOR OVER 30 YEARS! And look, complete and utter failure. Hundreds of billions gone, millions incarcerated, and more than half the law enforcement efforts are specifically related to drug law enforcement.

I can tell by your serious lack on incite, and inability to understand an alternative view point that doesn't fit your narrow view of the world, so why aren't you upset that most of Law Enforcement efforts are targeting that, and aren't running around chasing imaginary terrorists, which I am sure you believe in??

Yet, what results do we see after spending so much? More drugs, more crime, more people in prison, cheaper drugs, drug cartels financed EXCLUSIVELY BECAUSE OF PROHIBITION, gang land violence protecting drug rackets and easy availability.

So at what point does a good ol' boy such as yer self think that maybe a war isn't what we need?

I suppose you feel Iraq and Afghanistan are going well? Perhaps, Vietnam was a great War, with lots of purpose right? The negatives of those 3 wars, out weigh the positives EXPONENTIALLY. And the same is true of the FAILED WAR ON DRUGS.

in your world where you want legalized drugs is a world i dont want no part of.

i wonder how many of these pro drugs people actually used or know some whose life has been destroyed by them.

Haha, if you bothered to read my post I directed you to a LAW ENFORCEMENT AGAINST PROHITIBITION.

Not only did those people witness the destruction that drugs did to the communities, they also watched the destruction that mass incarceration has as well, and they unanimously agree, THE NEGATIVES OUTWEIGH THE POSITIVES.

You fear legalization and regulation will bring drugs into the supermarket, where doses are specified and given by professionals. You fear that instead of kids at your sons school teaching your kid about drugs, you may have to?

Drugs are available everywhere around the super market, and the people peddling them are not ones you want to run into in the back alley. Prohibition, just like in the 30's has bread a black market that rivals the most booming legal industries on the entire planet.

Why would you rather live, in a world in which hundreds of billions in spent incarcerating people who ONLY HAVE THE JOB because of PROHIBITION, rather than spending those hundreds of billions of treatment? And truly reaching a drug free America, but not through force, rather through education and treatment.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by king9072]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
ignorant opinion? how many times have you attacked my intelligence now.

what bothers me is your arrogance.

if you have nothing to do other than to put down other people who say things you dont like you have a sad life.

for the record i dont have to respond to you at all but i will not stand being called ignorant or stupid by anyone on this site.

futhermore you want to argue with someone move on

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ignorant opinion? how many times have you attacked my intelligence now.

what bothers me is your arrogance.

if you have nothing to do other than to put down other people who say things you dont like you have a sad life.

for the record i dont have to respond to you at all but i will not stand being called ignorant or stupid by anyone on this site.

futhermore you want to argue with someone move on

Just do yourself a favor and inform yourself before posting next time.

Maybe then you could contribute to the thread, as I have, and not just talk nonsense and defend yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
how about you doing yourself a favor and lose the holier than thou attitude.

i have a short fuse and i am trying to be civil here.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Let the fireworks fly, being civil only gets you so far, be blunt and rude and see where that gets you..............

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join