It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. Muslim group says FBI asking people to spy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Mich. Muslim group says FBI asking people to spy

news.yahoo.com

DETROIT – A Michigan Muslim organization said Thursday it has asked U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder to investigate complaints alleging the FBI is asking followers of the faith to spy on Islamic leaders and congregations.

The Council of Islamic Organizations of Michigan sent a letter last week to Holder after mosques and other groups reported members of the community have been approached to monitor people coming to mosques and donations they make.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
FBI planting spies in U.S. mosques, Muslim groups say

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I can't believe this ... articles like these just make the muslim's look even worse, not only to other cultures, but also to their own ... i really have no problem with them... i don't get why the FBI is doing this though ... everyone has their right to privacy right?

this kind of reminds me of a picture i saw once ...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/c23982709b901dc1.jpg[/atsimg]

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

It's called profiling, you know kinda like what they're doing to almost everyone now since that new report to the LEA's.

I'm sure you've heard it our soldiers are now suspect because of "Timothy Mcviegh" , anyone that believes in the militia is suspect because of "timothy Mcviegh", any one that believes in the 2nd amendment, is against illegal immigration, abortion, law abiding citizens, and the list goes on, and on, and on.

So they now have more reasons, first they fit a profile because they're Muslim and now they fit a profile because they live in Michigan, they're too close to a milita and we must all fear the big bad Michigan Militia.

And no there is no longer any right to privacy in America the patriot act made damn sure of that.

Welcome to America land of the free (free to be spied on) home of the brave (not too brave though lest you be considered a terrorist threat).

I hope my sarcasm is apparant.

join