It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We know nothing - Expanding the mind with philosophy

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Maybe we got a fail-safe built in. To protect ourselves from ourselves.
Time to break the shackles i guess

Better to die knowing the truth instead of living a lie.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

It is just so great to see people who can actually admit that we are all delusional beings who know nothing about our true existence. That is why I made the quote, "We all know a little bit about something and a whole lot about nothing!" It's the truth to me...

Philosophy can be good that way, in the sense that you can dare to dream about what all this means, and you don't have to put your money on it. I was just telling somebody today that what we believe all is, is not what it actually is to a much more intelligent entity. That is why I like your rocks example. It is so very true.

I like to look at the universe as all of us humans and all other life on this planet "under a microscope." But the irony is that we use a telescope to see all of that. If every star, planet, etc., was a proton, neutron, electron, quark, string, god particle, etc., then it would all make up one huge body, or many bodies. I call it, "the Telescopic Effect!"

So, what happens when we look under a microscope, what is it that we are looking at then? lol

Hmm, perhaps, we are looking at galaxies, the cosmos, planets, stars, etc., and MAYBE we all just have the whole idea of microscopes and telescopes backwards.

Do we really want to cure cancer, then blow up saturn, HA HA, or do we want to know what is at the edge of the universe, then, "Look next door", lol.

We really just don't have a dang clue do we!

What's at the bottom of the deepest Ocean or Sea? Perhaps, it is the inside of a blackhole... Perhaps the planets substaining life are the other special dimensions within the galactic dimensions, and maybe our minds are some sort of supernova.

Well, anyways, I Love you philosophical people; At least you are brave enough to admit that you are being played like some Virtual Reality Game. I think we are all (Humans, and all other life here on earth) playing each other. Thinking of it that way, the saying, "You reap what you sow" would be kind of wrong, and a new saying can be developed such as, "They reap what you sow, or they sow what you have reaped!"

Somehow, in some deep and honest way, I truly know that all of us are "connected" at the " invisible mind", and this is why it is so important to tune out negativity, and to tune into positivity and Love.

Take Care Amigos

Onehappyangel

[edit on 17-4-2009 by onehappyangel]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehappyangel
Well, anyways, I Love you philosophical people; At least you are brave enough to admit that you are being played like some Virtual Reality Game.
Yes...it is about bravery...it's about learning to give up our pride and admit it...we are a baby species who essentially know nothing...it's about learning to not fear the unknown and accept and embrace such things...we seem to be so content with thinking we know it all...we love to be right and correct...we love to have the answers...but we just can't come to admit that we really know nothing...that we essentially have no answers at all...and we deny all theories that are even slightly out of the box...because we think it undermines what we know...because we care about looking good...looking right...and looking like we know it all...and for this to be possible things need to be kept simple...because at this stage most of the population are only capable of comprehending VERY simple ideas and concepts...we also like things to revolve around us...like being the center of the universe...or being the only life in the universe...or being part of the only big bang that ever took place and nothing ever existed before that...sheesh...give me a break...

[edit on 18/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Jun, 29 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You are not a program. A program has no free will, no choice. It does no observe, it does not feel. It can never actually understand anything beyond the logic given to it by it's program. Meaning, it can not actually learn, and is incapable of creating logic.

Programs can do many wonderful things, and they will do even more. They allow us to create logic and the programs will follow them. Their abilities are only limited by the sensors we can give them, and the logic we can give them. They will then follow that logic to a level well beyond our own.

But you are not the program. Because unlike that program, you can actually do such things. You do observe, you do have free will, you can create logic, and you can understand.

You are of the programmer. That which creates the logic, that who is in the end, the only observer of all things, and much greater than any of us.

"In the beginning there was the word." What does that mean? What is that telling you? It's telling you that all of reality is a program. All programs start out as words and logic. From those words and logic, the programs are able to do many things, even create our own virtual worlds. In the end, they all start with words.

But are you part of that program? Your body and flesh is. It works on action and reaction just like the universe and programs do. All logical and in the realm of science. But you are not your body, such are possessions. "Your" arm, "your" leg. Your = possessive.

A program doesn't come to life until there is an observer there to observe it. Write a program and if nobody ever observes it, then it's just a bunch of patterns repeating over and over.

And so the spirit of god fills creation and brings it to life. And it is that bit within you that gives you the ability to ponder the questions you ask. What it means to "be" and so forth.

Know thyself. That which is of the spirit is spirit, and that which is of the flesh is flesh.

This stuff is actually all in the bible. People just don't really understand it and they just focus and following the symbolisms and stuff. Neo in the matrix for example, he plays the role of Jesus.

[edit on 6/29/2009 by badmedia]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Once more resorting to Dogmatic verbal systems dissipating incentive shapes that are magnanimously imperative; Words are not the Gestalt it represents,
the rock is languidly just the phonetic interpretation. Whereby these semantic molestations are constructed, they subjugate the Cerebral Cortex.
Perpetual slavery, it is; We're only adjectives yearning in our Larval Phase.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join