It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{SXWC}What I saw Behind the Door

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
He grasps her wrists trying to keep the door from slamming closed, terror buzzing in his mind, he gasps for air, his eyes wide open, watching his love slip away. She helplessly looks into her lovers eyes as the twisters fury picks her up she is unmercifully being swept away into the cyclone of spinning wood, metal, and flesh. In one horrid instant her skin is separated from her flesh as she is carried screaming to her doom as the door slams leaving him in a pile of his wife's skin sweat and blood.

The thunderous racket slowly fades as he is laying there exhausted, heart broken and confused, tears streaming down his face as he slowly gets up as rain pours in waves through where the roof once stood. He searches for the children panic stricken he falls over a child and she screams out, as he reaches to embrace her, overjoyed that at least one other than him survives. Struggling with the one child he finds another as the joy rises amidst all the sorrow running in his head, he finds the last one. Bursting through the closed door where the struggle with nature happened they are greeted with the brilliant light of the sun as the twister heads to the south east rolling black clouds race away as the seen now starts to unfold before the devastated family just as one of the little ones ask for mommy.

The apartment buildings across the parking lot are gone, three story buildings completely destroyed, not one car is upright, and not one tree has been spared from this tempest. Fires are smoldering and gaining in intensity in the rubble that remains. The tornado fades from view then in the distance the family can hear sirens and screams from the many injured, as one of the children ask where mommy is. Tears streaming down his face, he faces his bewildered kids, there sobs and shaking with a eire shadow from the sun as a police car turns on there street. He just doesn't know what to tell them, how can he tell them, so he hugs them as pops echo from down the street, he looks around wearily to see if any danger of secondary explosions are a threat. His mind can't comprehend what he sees, as a police officer moves towards a injured victim, the officer raises his pistol and shots the man dead, as a police car pulls up right in front of the family.

Steady on it's course, tumbling, speeding through space destiny approaches. Dinners ready kids, as the family gathers in the kitchen, grabbing plates, commenting on the delicious aroma, settling in at the table, laughter, and a joyous atmosphere is shattered with a thunderous explosion.

Darkness and acidic smoke and fire fills the air as everything crumbles into unrecognizable debris, the smell of burning wood and flesh fills his senses as screams fill his head, and panic sets in with mind numbing pain in his leg, he reaches out for something, anything to put out the fire on his leg, he feels cloth and grabs it as he attempts to put out the smoldering shrapnel embedded in his flesh , he yanks for more cloth only to feel a weight on the other end, he drags it to him, and shrieks when the charred silhouette of his daughter is seen through the smoky embers. He picks her up and holds her cradling her like a infant, sobbing and bewildered he looks around, his house has been almost all but destroyed, he can see movement, some one struggling in the smoke and flame, he can hear her crying and his wife is alive, as his thoughts wonder to the other kids, where are they he thinks.

She struggles to stay clear of the fires burning, She can see her husband sitting there holding something but she can't make out what it is, at this point she can't understand anything around her so she crawls to him, she comes to what she first thinks is the Sunday pot roast then as she sees the scar from a two year old brown recluse spider bite she screams out as this hunk of smoldering flesh is the upper leg of her oldest son. Sobbing and screaming they sit on opposite sides of a hole in the floor as a rumbling sound in the distance draws closer. They crawl towards each other as the thunderous mountain of noise bares down on them as there outstretched hands meet the massive wave of water smashes into whats left of there home.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Congratulations on getting a story done and entering the contest my friend, it's shaping up to be a good one. I hope you do well,

wupy

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Two vignettes of absolute horror.

Fast paced, personal and hard-hitting, it leaves the reader to wonder what is going on in the world outside. Tornadoes and explosions, killings by those sworn to protect and serve... we are left only with utter chaos and anarchy.

*shudder*

Emotionally charged visions of a world in absolute turmoil.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
Two vignettes of absolute horror.

Fast paced, personal and hard-hitting, it leaves the reader to wonder what is going on in the world outside. Tornadoes and explosions, killings by those sworn to protect and serve... we are left only with utter chaos and anarchy.

*shudder*

Emotionally charged visions of a world in absolute turmoil.

I didn't conform to the rules, as the story the way I see it will be personal, in you and your family's fight for survival. The issues of the outside world will be unknown and irrelevant.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I didn't conform to the rules, as the story the way I see it will be personal, in you and your family's fight for survival. The issues of the outside world will be unknown and irrelevant.

True, but I still liked it. You posted on the topic asked for nevertheless and, even though it wasn't a third-person overview as asked for, I still value your submission.

top topics

join