It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Laser Guns or Rail Gun

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Around 10 years from now USA navy will have ray gun.
Energy of it is 60-300 MJ
Diameter of crater will be 3.3 meter
Depth 12.2 m
In progect participate Northrop Grumman, General Dynamics, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and other companies.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thats sounds really cool!! Where did you get your source?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Russian news site
if you know russian:www.compulenta.ru...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
So is this a russian Rail Gun or an american rail gun? I: think that it would be awesome to see this thing mounted to the bow of a battleship, the only problem is that they have stopped using battle ships. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by themaninblack
Or you could use car batteries too charge the capacitor banks. Where the electricty is stored is key, NOT where the capacitor bank is charged from, the capacitor bank is the key here.

[edit on 22-6-2004 by themaninblack]

Also true, but I would think that it would take longer to charge the capacitors with car batteries than a nuclear reactor. The amps involved between a nuclear reactor and an array of car batteries are tremendously different. -Muzz

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Use the kilo battery supplies now those would be ok
But a rail gun would probably be a long range weapon
I mean a very very very long range high power weapon

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
So is this a russian Rail Gun or an american rail gun? I: think that it would be awesome to see this thing mounted to the bow of a battleship, the only problem is that they have stopped using battle ships. -Muzz

american!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
you cant really call a rail gun american or anything cause railguns have been out for ages

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
actually the rail gun is american devilwasp but dont wrry we might give brittan sloppy seconds like we always do but i think rail guns are better.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
yeah sloppy seconds as usual huh?
so the JSF is a sloppy second eh?
well its your words not mine

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The used to be some videos of one firing on a battleship somewhere on the net.

multisearch.dtic.mil...

search for 'railgun' here this a large amount of data including schematics etc and test fires of them.

I don't think anyone knows about this site but me. so go explore.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
go here
power labs
nice site it is

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Actually if you do your research the rest of the world is not getting the same version that the US is getting. so Britain will have a less advance version

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I was just reading a report on the recovery of the armature, now would that be the ammunition or the barrel so to speak? Is it possiable that these people are recovering the ammo for examination? -Muzz

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Actually if you do your research the rest of the world is not getting the same version that the US is getting. so Britain will have a less advance version

Thats not always true. Sometime other countries can initally get a head start on the US on projects.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
britain will most likely get the american version then improve it ten fold

people forget about little britain, but we still have alot of useful knowledge

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
actually after some research the UK will get the B version not the A and C the Us is getting.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:01 AM
link   
i wouldnt bet on it
we have means of getting tech from you that isnt strictly .....leagal

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Alright everybody, this is not a competition between Britian and the USA. I don't want this thread to get off topic. I think that each country has it's own advantages, maybe something that might not work for the US on a railgun might be perfect for britian, and vise versa. Can we agree here? -Muzz

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
yes i agreee
you know how the slug would melt to the rails when it is fired,well i thought what if you coated the rails in sokme sort of coolant or gel

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join