It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists at NASA unviel 1500 reels of never-before-seen moon footage!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I wonder if this is part of a campaign to encourage people to be willing to fund another moon landing, or for a maned Mars mission.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Am I right in thinking that the moon is still hit even now?, so why are there no signs of asteroids, meteors hitting earth on an ongoing basis?

As has been said, many of the larger craters are quite old, when the solar system was young and still full of dangerous garbage. The rate of impacts should decrease with time as planets act like vacuum cleaners. There are still impacts from small meteoroids that happen on the moon every day. Instead of shooting stars, the moon gets hit and makes small momentary flashes of light which can generally be seen on its dark side (not to be confused with far side).
science.nasa.gov...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Check out the image:
4102_h1_raw.tif at this link.

On the edge of the frame, there is a couple anamolies that look strange.

Here is a crop of the area I am talking about.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ecad505d5e90.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 17-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
Check out the image:
4102_h1_raw.tif at this link.

On the edge of the frame, there is a couple anamolies that look strange.

Here is a crop of the area I am talking about.

Those splotches are in an area that's beyond the useful part of the film, probably because of the way the craft automatically developed and scanned the film. Other images from the same spacecraft contain the same useless strip at the bottom of the images:
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

[edit on 17-4-2009 by ngchunter]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
So is this a deal where some of these photos are the same ones that have been available on the net for years, while others are never before seen images?

It'll be interesting to see/compare these newer images with the ones that folks like John Lear and Richard Hoagland spotted all those 'anomolies', see all those things they discovered before are still there in the same frames.

I havent seen anything from anyone that makes me a full believer of their claims, but they certainly raised my eyebrows.

Anyways, great find to the OP.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join