It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planet Forward on Pbs.org needs your essays!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I watched an show on PBS last night, and they were discussing America's Energy policies, and what was needed to be done to help prevent global warming 'because of carbon emissions' (ahem
)

And they want you to send an essay on how you would solve America's energy crisis. The deadline is May 15. Here's your chance!

Anyway, one on Obama's staff, I am unsure of her name- perhaps Barbara Boxer- was entertaining some ideas. They were discussing one idea- I am writing down the text of this video/conversation as far as it goes:

Video being shown to the host and Barbara Boxer:

"Hi I'm Phil Torrone, Senior Editor of "Make" magazine and one of the co-designers of the tweet-o-watt, a Twittering power meter, imagine if every single device you had in your home updated your facebook profile or your myspace or whatever you had and said, 'I'm using less energy this year.' and you were rewarded for that, you were rewarded by friends, kind of like when you go on a diet.

When you go on a diet, people say wow, you're looking good, you're looking slim, you're fitting into your clothes again," These are all social pressures that you get social rewards.

Host: "Social Pressures..."

Barbara Boxer: "I love that, I mean, now, one of the things we asked for, and we were able to get in the recovery act, was money for 40 million smart meters because what we want to do is give people access to information in their homes about how they use energy, because an informed consumer is a better consumer.

Host: "I'm not sure I'm in favor of this. I mean, I can see, you know, your lights are on, turn your lights off, you mean all my friends are gonna see me, you..."

And then my virtual camera space runs out, but maybe there's a video on the PBS.org site.

What I didn't like about this show was that they did not mention free energy, 'secret energy technology', assassinations/mysterious deaths of alternative energy researchers, or corporate sabotage of such alternative research activities/ production.

Here's your chance to tell them your plan to save the world!

www.planetforward.org...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by star in a jar]

[edit on 16-4-2009 by star in a jar]

new topics

join