It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ObamaMessiah Website.. Creepy!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
As one respondent pointed out, it is the obvious cult of personality that made this parody possible; herein lies the danger. Remember that it is President Obama’s excused ‘new speak’ calling ‘night day’, ‘black as white’ and getting passes on glaring blunders and fascist power grabs by the press that has so many Americans up in arms. Further, the “I feel like I heard the voice of a god” statements and tingling feelings running up Chris Matthews’ leg are feeding this ‘messiah’ like cult surrounding him.

The mesmerized awe inspired by another famous speaker has me worried for my nation; this man came in promising much the same and using virtually the same rhetoric:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4/17/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Nicely done! I was wondering when someone would post a Hitler/Nazi reference. It's great to see that Godwin's Law is alive and kicking.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I for one choose not to go look at the website, wel, honestly I can't. From what I have read here, it only confirms my feeling of creepiness when I see him. From day one, the man has given me the heebie jeebies.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Oooookaaaayyyy. Someone clearly has a messiah complex it's either (A.) Obama or (B.) His followers. Creepy doesn't even begin to describe this mess. If I wasn't sure I might actually say here comes the end of days. Of course no one really knows that but still can you say "Cult of Obama"? Better show your secret handshake and "O" symbol at the door.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Despite the fact that others may refer to Obama supporters as Obamabots or Obamatrons,

That's not true.

You still are just seeing what you want to see. I'll repeat it one more time .. perhaps this time you will take the time to actually read what I said.

There are TWO kinds of supporters. The normal average everyday kind and then there are the Obamatrons. This site mocks those that are the Obamatrons NOT the average everyday kind.

The truth is you relish bandying about these names quite casually for no other reason than to imply insult.

You can stuff the armchair psychology. You totally missed the mark.

The truth is that I pointed out that there are two kinds of supporters. This is very much the truth. One group is you average supporter. The other has EARNED the name 'obamatron' all on it's own. By their own actions. It's not an insult .. it's a statement of fact. Deal with it.

, it accomplishes nothing more than negating any respect one could honestly harbor of your opinion.

You don't respect my exposing the fact that there are two very different kinds of Obama supporters? (and I showed with facts that there are). I don't care. That's your loss. You are not denying ignorance.

let your thoughts be heard without the blatant name calling. It's simply undignified.

Try reading the post without your rose colored Obama glasses on .... you'll see better and may actually understand what was written and that it was dignified, and truthful, just fine.

Oy. This is useless.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

The truth is that I pointed out that there are two kinds of supporters. This is very much the truth. One group is you average supporter. The other has EARNED the name 'obamatron' all on it's own. By their own actions. It's not an insult .. it's a statement of fact. Deal with it.

As is illustrated by the sources for the OP blog. They are the Obamatrons.

Oy. This is useless.

Hahaa... yes, indeed it is useless. Maria is just scared that the illusion is crumbling in her own mind and that is understandable.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

While framing any discussion with an argumentum ad Hitlerum can be an ad homonym attack, my comments were not arbitrarily. One need only consider the America Corps Congress just funded which are planned to be as well armed as the US Military, will have ‘camps’ across America with a required term of service for all American ‘youth’ to receive college funds from the government; the comparison to the Hitler Jugend Bund der deutschen Arbeiterjugend is clear down to and including the length of service and proposed reward. A quick look at the second You Tube video I listed even showcases the same ‘true believer’ indoctrinated youth that will soon be leading members of ‘America Corps’.

Of note is the fact that our President shows the same signs of the overly sensitive highly self centered personality type that would be a requirement of a valid comparison; he does not handle any type of criticism well, he only appears at highly scripted events with well vetted questions which he answers by script, and fights to term any debate in a way that highlights him personally; get him off script and he is caustic and combative.

Furthermore, exactly WHY do youth coming out of the inner cities need to be as well armed as the US military? This is reminiscent of the ‘Brown Shirt’ Waffen SS training program of the early 1930’s. Only the willingly blind would not see danger in training teenagers just off the street in heavy weapons without the other discipline training and cohesiveness of the Armed Forces.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You can stuff the armchair psychology. You totally missed the mark.

The truth is that I pointed out that there are two kinds of supporters. This is very much the truth. One group is you average supporter. The other has EARNED the name 'obamatron' all on it's own. By their own actions. It's not an insult .. it's a statement of fact.

No armchair psychology going on from my side. Nice try at deflection, though.

Choose any political party and you will find supporters whose views run the gamut from centrist to extremism, be it left or right. Be that as it may, there is never any justification for labeling a group whose views you don't share with a inflammatory tag.

Didn't your parents ever teach you that name calling is juvenile and accomplishes nothing? Your attempt to justify your actions on this point are moot.

And no, it is useless to try to convince me otherwise.

Try reading the post without your rose colored Obama glasses on .... you'll see better and may actually understand what was written and that it was dignified, and truthful, just fine.

Me with rose-colored glasses? Hardly. You see, I have the ability to look at all sides of an issue and take an educated stance. Yet, somehow you are attempting to label me without knowing my stance on any political issue one way or the other.

You can keep trying to stick a label on me, but I sincerely doubt that it will hold.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Pakd-on-mystery

Stem cell research might just get that done on his watch. Cure the blind make the paralyzed to walk? Just no Heeeeeeeeaaaaaal hollerin'
Next?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
WOW. That really is the most dilusional s*it i've ever seen. Propaganda at it's best and alive. Freaky, scary, and no Obama is not god, just some dingbat slumlord from Chicago whose life has been a tailored set-up for this very moment.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join