It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN cover - "Texas governor says secession possible"

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

When you get out of the inner cities, Texas is much much different. It is black and white.

I asked my farmer that is leasing my place about Texas secession.
My place is between New Deal and Idalou. Not inner city. What color do you think this farmer is Lemon.Fresh?

His response is that Pretty Boy Rick is getting desperate, that he is a little twit and has a team of Yankee lawyers coaching him to say silly things so transplanted "Texans" will think he is a tough guy.

All hat no cattle.

This illustrates to me that plenty of country people know that Gov. Rick is a fool, trying to win support of somebody, anybody, for his next run at some political office.

Fishing for Specs and Reds is getting good in Laguna Madre. I'll ask the guides and other anglers what they think about secession. I can take my own damn poll. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

When you get out of the inner cities, Texas is much much different. It is black and white.

I asked my farmer that is leasing my place about Texas secession.
My place is between New Deal and Idalou. Not inner city. What color do you think this farmer is Lemon.Fresh?

I think I found the one who starred Mak Manto's post

His response is that Pretty Boy Rick is getting desperate, that he is a little twit and has a team of Yankee lawyers coaching him to say silly things so transplanted "Texans" will think he is a tough guy.

All hat no cattle.

So if he is doing it for the votes, that in itself says that this is bigger than the poll says it is.

This illustrates to me that plenty of country people know that Gov. Rick is a fool, trying to win support of somebody, anybody, for his next run at some political office.

No one is arguing that

Fishing for Specs and Reds is getting good in Laguna Madre. I'll ask the guides and other anglers what they think about secession. I can take my own damn poll. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

When are you heading down there? I plan to be in South Texas soon. Maybe we could have a drink

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

When are you heading down there? I plan to be in South Texas soon. Maybe we could have a drink

I usually stay in Matamoros, and hang out at the Black Cat. First rounds on me. I hope to be there on the 7th of Nov. To bad we missed the "Dia Los Muertos" festival. I'll be in Houston for that one. U2U me when you get there.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I will see if I can get there about that date

If I do, I will send you a u2u

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
What does that mean, black and white?

Are you saying this poll was only given to people of a certain race, Lemon?

Please tell me you are not that dense

Let me explain to you real clear like.

Austin, Inner Loop Dallas, and Inner Loop Houston have a totally different mindset than the rest of the state.

It is like black and white. It is like night and day. The mindset is polar opposite. Clear enough for you?

The fact that someone starred that post is even more disconcerting.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

I don't know, am I dense?

You're speaking of inner areas within cities, where this poll was "supposedly" taken. Do you have any evidence to show that it was taken in these areas?

If not, be quiet and sit down...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

What does that mean, black and white?

Are you saying this poll was only given to people of a certain race, Lemon?

Please tell me you are not that dense

Let me explain to you real clear like.

Austin, Inner Loop Dallas, and Inner Loop Houston have a totally different mindset than the rest of the state.

It is like black and white. It is like night and day. The mindset is polar opposite. Clear enough for you?

The fact that someone starred that post is even more disconcerting.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

I don't know, am I dense?

You're speaking of inner areas within cities, where this poll was "supposedly" taken. Do you have any evidence to show that it was taken in these areas?

If not, be quiet and sit down...

Do you have evidence that it wasn't?

If not, sit down and be quiet . . .

oops . . . Was that a racist comment too?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It might have been.

And I don't have the evidence that states where it was taken, but I'm not shooting my big mouth off saying it was taken in inner areas of major cities, now am I?

As far as the poll goes, it was just taken in Texas, so that's that.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
We will not need a FORMALIZED army. As the militias is what started this country and what will eventually bring to to be again. Although many many Soldiers wuold come back to Texas not to Fight against it however they would be joining it as well as Ron Paul who would most likely be our president untill he was of course assasinated by some FBI CIA or other entity from the U.S. then you would have your WAR that you would want. And it wouldn't be the kind where everyone is dresses in the same RED UNIFORM that you had with Britain many years ago. And it wouldn't be a Truthful yes we are Hezbollah war like you have over in IRAQ, O wait never mind you don't have that in IRAQ. So just assume you had iraw here on your back door step or should I say southern BORDER. Thing is, that we would have America right here and not have to point pressures at GREEN ZONES. AMERICA as a WHOLE IS A GREEN ZONE. There would be a barrier put up from NM, to LA to possibly as far north as Kansas, I truly hope that none of these events transpire as I am not sure that I want to be here. Because all that will happen even with fighting for and Winning Texas back is it will turn into the same Dictatorship that the U.S. has turned into and its not the President as the Dictator but the US CONGRESS. Who aren't there for the people any more they are there for themselves.
I read histroy books about the people in Congress making decisions for the US not making them for a paycheck but they were making them for the Citizens where in return would have them over for dinner 5 nights a week to talk about the situations that they were faced with and decide for those reasons. Now we have the senators visiting with senators and creating parties within PARTIES instead of it being for the good of the U.S.

Where did we go wrong you ask ?? Possibly with the Jack ass and the Elephant ? Possibly before than when we created a congress instead of letting EVERY VOTE COUNT on every election.

O but you say that is to hard. Well fighting the british off was sure easy enough for this country why don't we just make the VOTING EASY for all those who gave thier freaking LIVES for this country. Ughhh, forget Franklin, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Washington, and all the politicians who have done something. Remember, the ALAMO and FAMILIES that were SLAUGHTERED for the sake of this not so GREAT NATION we live in. Although I do agree it could be worse however it could be SO SO SO MUCH BETTER.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Oh yeah, on a side note. NASA, in houston ... creating jobs for Texans ? HAHAHAHAHA , That is a funny thing that you say OBVIOUSLY you are not from CLEAR LAKE or WEBSTER OR the surrounding areas or grew up aroudn the surrounding areas. Maybe in the 70's and 80's that was true. but not ... there may be 10 Texans in all of NASA's Offices and Tech crews here in Clear Lake, Texas. O yeah, and maybe America could move Nasa to California, O wait they needed texas coast line and this particular spot with the Airforce Fort right down the road for MANY MANY REASONS. Don't worry we will let you keep NASA here, you will just have to pay rent. OH YEAH, and we are charging all of those AMERICAN CITIZENS that live within our NEW NATION TAXES.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
We don't need another president, we need another way of doing things in GENERAL, the presidetn hasn't been the problem since Abraham Lincoln.

Well I take that back we have had NIXON and a few others but Nixon really sticks out there to me.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Deus_Brandon]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As far as the U.S. taking back TEXAS you are right they would have to take Texas back if not for anything else other than a show of Stregnth. they are losing a war that they cannot win in Iraq and trying to move to Afghanistan where they are going to face the same things. Only there are not Nations backin Afgahnistan as much due to simply we were there and have been training afghans since 2001 when we sent Army Rangers over there to train them in Combat.

As far as WAR it will never be a WAR. it might be thought of as a WAR such as IRAQ, but even that is not a WAR. What are they fighting for ? Well, Texans will be fighting for something and that is not just the land they are on, but a FREEDOM from multiple things that have been taken away from them. And Multiple more that are looked at being taken away. Silly politicians Votes are for Citizens not for your next Annuity to be set up.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join