It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN cover - "Texas governor says secession possible"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Mak Manto made an alt lol

So now you have two Texans vs . . . 17(?)

Looks like the stats seem to be ass backwards.

First off, I'm not a Texan.

Second, Chaos is not an alt.

ATS staff members probably have a way to tell you if it's under the same IP address.

Chaos is from TGC, and he's a Texan.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I say kudos to Texas, from your buddies up in da mitt!
If Texas left the Union it would DEFINITELY send a strong message to DC, and I imagine quite a few states would follow suit.....especially depending on how the federal gov't handled the situation. If Michigan split off and did it's own thing I'd be extremely happy, as we have plenty of natural resources and control over waterways that could put us in an extremely enviable position. However, that is a matter for another thread.

Anyhow, for those hating on the idea of a TX secession actually working....Give me a break. Texas has a ton of natural resources, they could definitely keep it together and then some.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by mpriebe81]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mpriebe81

It also has a lot of problems, and it's a huge spender on tax dollars by the government.

Texas is only where it is now because of the state AND the government.

Without the government, say bye-bye to border patrol, federal dollars to deal with disasters, emergencies, and thousands of jobs being lost, seeing many Texans work in US agencies in Texas.

It would slowly destroy Texas.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

What problems does Texas have?

Do you have any accounting of how much federal money Texas spends and how it is off-set by how much money the Fed takes in from Texas?

Do you think Texas incapable of existing with organizations such as ICE and the BP?

[edit on 2-10-2009 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

What problems does Texas have?

Do you have any accounting of how much federal money Texas spends and how it is off-set by how much money the Fed takes in from Texas?

Do you think Texas incapable of existing with organizations such as ICE and the BP?
[edit on 2-10-2009 by titorite]

Well, like I said, first off, Texas is not doing well. It's hurting like every other state from the economy. So, the only reason why it's where it is is because of both the revenue it's generating and the tax dollars it uses up.

Seceded, it would fall down the drain; not automatically, but slowly.

But yes, it would be incapable. It would take some time, but sooner or later, it would die.

Also, what would use as currency?

You're not going to be using the Dollar, and the Department of Treasury will remove national banks.

You'll also lose a connection the United States Mint. How will you start that one up?

You have over 24 million people that live in Texas...

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto

Well, like I said, first off, Texas is not doing well. It's hurting like every other state from the economy.

What gave you that idea? Right now the Texas Economy is one of the strongest in the union.

Where on earth

Did you get

That crazy Idea?

Three links there for ya buddy. Give them a gander and get back to us when you know more about the subject.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Well, like I said, first off, Texas is not doing well. It's hurting like every other state from the economy. So, the only reason why it's where it is is because of both the revenue it's generating and the tax dollars it uses up.

Texas not doing well? You just keep flapping your lips about something you know NOTHING about. Texas has a 9 Billion dollar SURPLUS! Our budget is balanced, we are not operating in the RED and bankrupt like so many other states. Our legislature doesn't spend like drunken sailors, our taxes are low when compared to other states, we don't have an income tax, we have not had NEAR the job loss.

Foreclosure filings have DECREASED since 2007, home sales have INCREASED. The foreclosure rates for sub-prime mortgages is half the national rate and Texas banks tend to steer clear of the exotic (interest only) loans.

“Texas is feeling the effects of the national and global economic conditions with job losses across many industries last month,” said TWC Commissioner Representing the Public Andres Alcantar. “Compared with the national situation, Texas continues to record relatively fewer job losses and lower unemployment.”

In its May 5, 2008 issue, Fortune magazine revealed its newest “Fortune 500” list – an annual ranking of America’s largest corporations. More Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in Texas than in any other state. Texas and New York have traded places since 2007, when New York had headquarters for 57 of these major corporations, and Texas was home to 56.

Tourism in Texas continues to be a big business

I could post dozens of articles like those above, but please do continue to tell us how Texas is not doing well.

posted on Oct, 2 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
If Texas (God Willing) were to secede I doubt the US Govt would raise arms. Texans are a different breed - the insurgency in Iraq would not even come close to the resistance in Texas and that is known.

Lol a bunch of fat beer bellied cowboy wannabees with a fake swagger who can't shoot straight or run 100 yards without having a heart attack. Yeah I'm sure the military would cower in fear. I lived in Texas once and can safely say there would be f-all resistance. I hope they do break away, then all the evangelicals can flock to Texas and live in lala land.

[edit on 2-10-2009 by reasonable]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by reasonable

Yay for stereotyping!

And to change the subject . . .

Mak Manto, how much more are you going to get owned before seeing the light?

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
All I hear, basically, is Texans saying this, and not even all Texans are for this.

So, when you will you see the light?

Besides, you're going against the majority in your state that don't want to secede.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well... you invited Chaos Maxtor. I would like to here his/her opinion on the subject. The majority of folks here have an opinion... one you have ignored in light of your own Mak Manto. Despite several links and requests for you to count for yourself... you have not investigated the links and you have not counted for yourself.

Instead you choose to insist that you are correct despite any and all evidence that would contradict your point of view.

I have no fear of being wrong. Honestly I do not. I investigate all the evidence and listen to all sides and if I am wrong.... so what. big deal. I am wrong and so be it.

You have been given links, thoughts, opinions. and have been asked to do your own accounting in this thread. When asked how many here supported Texas independence you counted four or five... When I was done giving names for each person in this thread who supported Texas independence the number JUMPED to 17....

That is a big difference in numbers.

Maybe you are just having a problem coming to terms with the possibility that you are incorrect?

Count for yourself... view the links given.... and Ask Chaos Maxtor to share his opinion with us since he has signed up now...

Personally I am interested in what he would have to say on the subject of this all... granted it is alot of reading for him if he would read all of these pages.... but it would give us not just his opinion but his FULL and informed opinion....

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Yeah, and the number of percentage who don't want to leave jumped to 75%.

If you're trying to say the poll is lying, don't go for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Because polls are generally known for their accuracy....

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen

How inaccurate are you going to be when 75% of the people who were polled stated that they didn't want secession?

What, do you think that the people who made the poll lied about the numbers?

So, only a handful of Texans on ATS who want secession, next to the overwhelming majority who don't...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
www.thecrowhouse.com...
This link is the reason not just texans but all people in the world should get rid of Federal banks..In Australia did you know our fed ..reserve bank is owned and reg'd by the USA..Fed owns everyone you are their property,thats why you have a birth cert..Australia need to boot out the feds too and print their own money tell the USA to go home they are not wanted here.
Way to go Texans for having the guts to at least think about it.
If you do go thru with it I wish you the best of luck..

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Honest to god, if Texas seceded and chuck norris became president of texas I would move there the next day. but even if he wasn't, if the policies were right and it was a beter offer than my current location, then hell yea i'd moce and secede right along with them.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by VirginiaGreen

How inaccurate are you going to be when 75% of the people who were polled stated that they didn't want secession?

What, do you think that the people who made the poll lied about the numbers?

So, only a handful of Texans on ATS who want secession, next to the overwhelming majority who don't...

Once again, I will bet my left nut that the polls were taken in Austin, inner Dallas, and Inner Houston.

When you get out of the inner cities, Texas is much much different. It is black and white.

It also depends on how they asked the question.

And once again, why would Perry put his political career on the line to pander to a small minority of people?

That in itself makes no sense.

Either he is committing political suicide, or he knows what A LOT of Texans are thinking . . .

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What does that mean, black and white?

Are you saying this poll was only given to people of a certain race, Lemon?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

You don't need to go there. It meant no gray area.
Cut and dried. Plain and clear.
Nuts and bolts.
No inbetween. Either right or wrong.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Please tell me you are not that dense

Let me explain to you real clear like.

Austin, Inner Loop Dallas, and Inner Loop Houston have a totally different mindset than the rest of the state.

It is like black and white. It is like night and day. The mindset is polar opposite. Clear enough for you?

The fact that someone starred that post is even more disconcerting.

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join