reply to post by Mak Manto
Well I am not the president of Texas. And I am not fond of engaging in hyptheticals that don't have much of a chance to see reality. In this case
that would be ME becoming the president of Texas.
From the OP
What aspects and opinions would promote or falter Texas from standing as it's own Nation?
Your questions and my opinion on them:
1. Gay marriage- What two consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business not mine.
2. Pornography-Same as answer as answer one.
3. Abortions- Sometimes reality mandates uncomfortable circumstances sometimes... I feel a woman's choice is her choice. As a man I stay out of this
issue but honestly, I feel that sometimes their is a valid reason for a woman's choice.
4. Gay adoption- What about it? I have known several Gay parents.
5. Allowing gays into the military- Again see answer one.
6. Marijuana issues-ATS has rules about this. Wrong forum.
7. Embryonic stem cell research-I support it.
8. Death penalty-I support it.
9. Gun policy- Gun Owner.
10. Environmental record- Recycle.
Now these are just my opinions.... Do they promote or falter Texas independence?....
I think they do neither.... I think my opinions are just that opinions..
Now what aspect could promote Texas independence?
LOTS AND LOTS of desert which could be utilized for solar thermal electricity.
What aspect could falter Texas independence?
Another four years of Rick Perry. Four years of Kay Baily wouldn't do us any favors either.
Still, it is my understanding that Kinky is gonna be running again. If Kinky Freeman won then Texas might REALLY go independent.