It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN cover - "Texas governor says secession possible"

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Once again, show evidence. Your word of "Most of Texas want secession!" is not proof.

Deny Ignorance, Titor.

Just put up or shut up. No little comments about me liking Star Wars, or anything else like that.

Do you have evidence that most of Texas wants secession, yes or no?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

The name is Titorite , Mak Manto.

Respect that properly if your gonna be "my worst enemy on ATS."

The proof you so desperately need is in this thread. Unfortunately you have turned a blind eye to it more than once and I do not expect you to take the time to re-read over the 11 pages of this thread.

And my apologies for the Star Wars quips...It's just so darn hard to take you seriously when you boast about where you get your most stimulating political debate.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
No, you didn't answer the question.

Do you have the evidence? Yes or no?

If yes, post it up in your next article. If it's in the thread, repost information up that says most Texans want secession.

Also, I want a source. Do you have any sources to go with your claim?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Again you display some of your selective attention span. You choose to ignore the voices in this thread except maybe your own which has been the most prominent in this thread. That is a personal problem on your part that I can not fix for you.

Good luck with your schooling.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Hah, I'll take that as a no.

So, no, you don't have sources, information, nothing that proves that most Texans want secession, while I do.

Be quiet, Titor. Know when you lost the debate.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Mak, you are a college student in Pa. I am a 62 yr. old, born and raised Texan, who has traveled dang near every road in this state, met and talked to people of every shape, fashion and form. I KNOW Texas and Texans. You DON'T, so don't try to tell me what Texans want and don't want.

Are there some Texans who wouldn't be interested in Texas secession. Of course, but they don't speak for all Texans. And most likely those participating are from the cities and somewhat more liberal than the majority of Texans. They love the Feds, for the same reasons you do.

If you think, CNN or any of the MSM would actually travel across Texas, talk to Texans and honestly report what they found, you're dreaming.

My evidence is that I talk to people from all over the state and most of them are in favor. That evidence carries more weight then some article written by CNN or any other MSM. And if that's not good enough for you, then tough sh*t. You go right on believing what some stupid article says. We Texans will go on believing what we KNOW, because WE live here and have first hand experience.

You are just a little liberal twit that lives thousands of miles from Texas, and has never talked to many Texans except on the internet and think you know it all. YOU DON'T know a thing! And, if anyone needs to be quiet, it's you!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just because you're 62 and I'm 21 doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

You may be a Texan, and you may feel that Texas could handle itself on it's own, but the fact remains that Texas will not secede.

You don't have a plan to work with at all. You don't have ANYBODY in mind to lead a government. You also don't have a replacement solution for all of the various US agencies that'll leave Texas and leave behind big problems.

Sorry, Sticks, but you're going down a BAD route.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Just because you're 62 and I'm 21 doesn't mean that I'm wrong.

No it doesn't. What makes you wrong is not being a Texan while at the same time claiming to know the hearts and minds of Texans.

You have never lived in Texas. How can you know Texans when you have not lived and worked with us? You can not. Your not being stubborn here. Your being arrogant.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ah, Mak, I remember being 21! I thought I was the smartest thing ever to walk and draw breath, and like you, I remember debating with folks older and much wiser than me thinking I knew so much more than them and they laughed at me, much like I am laughing at you. They had knowledge and experience I didn't, so why would they pay any attention to a 21 yr old. I got older and matured and realized I really wasn't all that smart. You will to.

I have first hand knowledge or Texas and Texans and what we can do when the need arises. You don't have a clue, so your wasting your breath, much as I did when I was 21.

BTW, there are several groups in Texas that have been researching and making plans for many, many years. Believe me, if the time ever comes,
the plans will be there.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Except not one person on here has given a good plan at all.

All you keep repeating is that Texas would be able to handle itself if it seceded.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Except not one person on here has given a good plan at all.

All you keep repeating is that Texas would be able to handle itself if it seceded.

And you keep arguing that point . . . lol

What plans would you like to hear?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
1. A form of government?

2. Leadership - Who will you turn to?

3. How will you deal with the loss of tens of thousands of jobs from the US agencies leaving Texas.

4. Will you go back to the Republic of Texas' old Constitution, or will you make a new one?

5. What will your currency be?

6. What will be your foreign policy?

7. What will be you domestic policy?

8. What will be your economic policy?

I'll start with those eight questions.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
**** ATTENTION ****

First of all, we'll refer to one another by the full member name or not at all.

Secondly, we are going to be civil towards one another.

Thirdly, we're going to post on topic.

Posting Bans Await, it's up to you.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Here's what I'd like to see as a native Texan!

1. A form of government?...... Turn the Government over to The Baptist.

2. Leadership - Who will you turn to?...... Our Lord and Savior and/or Willie Nelson

3. How will you deal with the loss of tens of thousands of jobs from the US agencies leaving Texas. ........ We will run out all the Mexicans and the people that lost Fed jobs can clean motel rooms.

4. Will you go back to the Republic of Texas' old Constitution, or will you make a new one? ......The Holy word will be our guide.

5. What will your currency be? ........The Peso and/or colored beads

6. What will be your foreign policy?...... What's a foreign policy?

7. What will be you domestic policy?...... Some of the Mexican maids and gardeners can stay.

8. What will be your economic policy? ........ Min. Wage will be raised to 12 pesos an hr. time and a half overtime.

any more questions smartass???

[edit on 30-9-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

!?!?!

Number Four:

What do you have against our southern brothers and sisters???

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
**** ATTENTION ****

First of all, we'll refer to one another by the full member name or not at all.

Secondly, we are going to be civil towards one another.

Thirdly, we're going to post on topic.

Posting Bans Await, it's up to you.

No offense, and I'm not going against the rule here, but don't you find it dumb that you're going to ban a person for calling them a shorter name?

So, since his name is Titorite, and I call him Titor, I can be banned for that?

Isn't that, oh, I don't know... a bit goofy?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join