It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

CNN cover - "Texas governor says secession possible"

page: 10
15
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The numbers, though, in the polls, don't lie.

OMG, you really can't be stupid enough to believe that!

This poll that you put so much faith in was done by CNN and I'd be willing to bet that few, if any, folks that live in the rural areas of Texas voted in it.
Rural folks don't tend to pay much attention to online polls and most of Texas is rural. We have a few cities you have heard of and we have HUNDREDS of tiny little places that barely make a mark on the map The people that live in these places tend to be conservative, independent and sick to death of the federal government constantly up in our business.

But, you just keep on believing in your poll if it makes ya' feel better.




posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by inthesticks
 


I would love to be a pollster! I could make any poll say anything I wanted it to say! It is all about how you ask the questions. Look how wrong the exit polls are at election time, and look at how bad our TV programming is, because it is based off narrow poll numbers!

Imagine:
"Do you support Texas seceding from the Federal Government, forfeiting Federal Funding, and standing alone?"

vs.

"Do you support Texas asserting its sovereignty as provided by the Constitution in the event that your Constitutional Civil Rights are being violated by the Federal Government?"

vs.

"Would you support a secession of Texas from the current Federal Union in order to form a new Republic of the 50 states based upon the principles of the original Constitution?"

Now, change the word support to "Protest" and the same people that agreed to support it, would probably agree to protest it!

Personally I like the last one, I bet I could get a majority to agree to it!



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
The numbers, though, in the polls, don't lie.

OMG, you really can't be stupid enough to believe that!

This poll that you put so much faith in was done by CNN and I'd be willing to bet that few, if any, folks that live in the rural areas of Texas voted in it.
Rural folks don't tend to pay much attention to online polls and most of Texas is rural. We have a few cities you have heard of and we have HUNDREDS of tiny little places that barely make a mark on the map The people that live in these places tend to be conservative, independent and sick to death of the federal government constantly up in our business.

But, you just keep on believing in your poll if it makes ya' feel better.

I'm believing what has happened already.

You've tried once, in a civil war, mind you, with ten other states behind you.

YOU FAILED.

Now, if you try this again, YOU'LL FAIL.

Texas is unable to handle itself without the help of the US. Immigrants from all around Central and South America will enter Texas.

ALSO, you still haven't given me any possible leaders! Give me one person who could be leading the fight.

Who's your government going to be?



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


I don't believe you to be correct. The last civil war was disputed and that is why it lead to war. I think if a state seceded and the federal government tried to step in many more states would step in until the only states that would be left in the origional union would be in the northeast. I guarantee those softies wouldn't start a war with the rest of the country and many of those would probably secede too(Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, etc.).

If the federal government was smart they would allow the secession without sanctions and begin negotiating with that state. Then the rest of the Union would probably support the federal governments efforts, even though a few others may also secede as a power play to try to get some stuff or funding that they want.

Civil war as we knew it in the 19th century is over. Today its about negotiation and sanctions which the federal government would not risk because they would risk alienating the rest of the states once again.



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
"Would you support a secession of Texas from the current Federal Union in order to form a new Republic of the 50 states based upon the principles of the original Constitution?"

I would change that to this:

"Would you support a secession of Texas from the current Federal Union in order to form a new Republic based upon the principles of the original Texas Constitution?"

That, I would go for. Forget dragging all the other states with us. Leave the folks like Mak to their own states.



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


YOU FAILED. Now, if you try this again, YOU'LL FAIL.

You sound like a broken record! You'll fail, you'll fail, you'll fail.

Texas is unable to handle itself without the help of the US. Immigrants from all around Central and South America will enter Texas.

And, you seem to forget that in Texas we still have our guns. If we didn't have the feds on our backs, the illegal immigrant problem down here would have been solved long ago. After all, it was the Feds that prosecuted two Texas Border Control agents for shooting a KNOWN illegal, drug dealing, immigrant. The people of Texas were OUTRAGED! So, if you are foolish enough to believe that we couldn't deal with the illegal immigrant problem, you are clearly OUT TO LUNCH!

Leaders, leaders, leaders - when the time comes, we'll decide on who our leader will be.





[edit on 29-9-2009 by inthesticks]



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by memarf1
 


Ah, how nice! A voice of intelligence and reason!

Two lines



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by inthesticks
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


YOU FAILED. Now, if you try this again, YOU'LL FAIL.

You sound like a broken record! You'll fail, you'll fail, you'll fail.

Texas is unable to handle itself without the help of the US. Immigrants from all around Central and South America will enter Texas.

And, you seem to forget that in Texas we still have our guns. If we didn't have the feds on our backs, the illegal immigrant problem down here would have been solved long ago. After all, it was the Feds that prosecuted two Texas Border Control agents for shooting a KNOWN illegal, drug dealing, immigrant. The people of Texas were OUTRAGED! So, if you are foolish enough to believe that we couldn't deal with the illegal immigrant problem, you are clearly OUT TO LUNCH!

Leaders, leaders, leaders - when the time comes, we'll decide on who our leader will be.
[edit on 29-9-2009 by inthesticks]

So, your answer is:

"We have no idea who's going to lead the charge! It's not going to be Perry, so we're still unsure! We're not going to be able to do it by ourselves, so we'll wait and see if a politician wants to secede!"

Though, really, what politician would back you?

Ron Paul? Sam Johnson? Joe Barton?

Until you have a plan, be quiet. You don't even have your eggs counted, yet you feel that you have this plan of seceding from the US and everything will be taken care of.



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


Dude you be quiet. You have responded more on this thread than anyone, you can't count you can barely understand what your reading thanks to your selective attention span, and your not even Texan and you act like you know so much about Texas. You keep on arguing against Texas secession but the topic is about Perrys remarks on it not Texas actually doing it...

So I REPEAT TEXAS IS NOT CURRENTLY SECEDING Rick Perry only spoke about it being possible not that it has already happened nor is he trying to make it happen.

He was only talking about it.


AND YES MOST TEXANS SUPPORT THE IDEA!



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think that Texas is too independent for their own good



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic4life
I think that Texas is too independent for their own good


Mind expanding on that idea?

I have yet to read a good argument against the idea.



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I think most Texans are trying to sound like bad asses all the time, but their egos get in the way of reality. I've got no beef with Texas or Texans for that matter, but just how the hell would Texas operate by itself. Get down to the tiniest logistics and you would realize that Texas would quickly become one of two things: 1. A broke-ass third world country in between the US and Mexico. or 2. Sustain itself through funding of anti-US parties, thus making you an enemy of TPTB...I know Texas likes its guns, but TPTB love their laser and gps guided weapons.

How about we all secede from every government. That way its just people helping people. ahh fudge it.



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen
 


Someone has not read the whole thread




posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


Dude you be quiet. You have responded more on this thread than anyone, you can't count you can barely understand what your reading thanks to your selective attention span, and your not even Texan and you act like you know so much about Texas. You keep on arguing against Texas secession but the topic is about Perrys remarks on it not Texas actually doing it...

So I REPEAT TEXAS IS NOT CURRENTLY SECEDING Rick Perry only spoke about it being possible not that it has already happened nor is he trying to make it happen.

He was only talking about it.


AND YES MOST TEXANS SUPPORT THE IDEA!

What you meant to say is, "Most Texans on ATS support the idea."



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto
 


No I said what I meant to say.

Be quiet. If your gonna tell other folks to be quiet you should take your own advice first since you comment more on this thread than anyone else and you yourself are not a Texan so you can not know.

.....I just got done googling your screen name.
I don't normally go that far but you are that annoying.

Thank you for the Huge laugh! Now I understand why you are so annoying.
Good luck with high school.



[edit on 29-9-2009 by titorite]



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
[snip]

And tell me, where is your evidence that states most Texans want secession? Do you have any hard evidence?



Mod Edit - lets play nice

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.


[edit on 2-10-2009 by elevatedone]



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Hey, Star Wars Roleplaying is a very calming leisure activity that I partake in.

Besides, I get better political debate then I do on here with half of you...


You may be sharp as a light-saber tack but your English could use some refinement when it comes to your sentence structure.

I'm sure your political debates regarding the state of the Galactic Republic can be very leisurely but, they poorly translate to reality.

The majority of Texans support the idea of secession and if you lived in Texas or paid attention to the Texans in this thread you would know that... But you choose to only pay attention to the selective parts that support your beliefs.


[edit on 30-9-2009 by titorite]



new topics

top topics



 
15
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

log in

join