It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pedicures/massages etc etc.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
these things creep me out...you?
i am watching a movie and a baseball player is getting a massage and it got me thinking....i could never get a massage..
i get creeped out by people touching me.

i also think about the people that perform the pedicures on people. how do they touch and rub a strangers feet like that?
it's disgusting

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
My wife just told me last night, she wants a pedicure before we go on vacation.

I have no problem with it, I like having my feet rubbed, feels good.

Now Dental Floss, there's a problem...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'll take a massage any time. I've never had a pedicure (or manicure), and probably won't. It's not disgusting to me, just unnecessary. Maybe if I ever have a jillion dollars, I'll try one.

Originally posted by elevatedone
Now Dental Floss, there's a problem

PediFloss? Hey, maybe I'm onto something there. The healthy and hygienic way to remove those toe goobers.

"Movin' to Montana soon
Gonna be a PediFloss tycoon"

Saddle up the pygmy ponies.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I've got nothing against massages myself. They can be very relaxing in a number of ways and great for removing stress.

I would personally pass on the pedicure. Not because of me but for the sake of the pedicurist. Hermetically sealed shoes. Enough said on that.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Just got a facial ^_^

Umm, pedicures, you have to be careful where you get them because some of these immigrant-run salons are teeming with bacteria and I hear stories about infection and stuff. I do my own manis and pedis unless it's for a super special occasion, and I'm probably doing my own for prom.

Massages are weird though. I don't generally like to be touched by strangers.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
Hermetically sealed shoes. Enough said on that.

Stinkfoot? Another Zappa cue. I'll leave that one for thing fish.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

i like the zappa references..
i just can not bear the thought of getting a massage or a pedicure. i don't even like when someone cuts my hair. i feel all skeeved out when people are touching me.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I LOVE getting massages but I make sure the masseuse is a female. One of my first massages was done by a male and he kept leaning in an breathing really heavily then would continually let out a random 'uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh' throughout the massage. That was so not OK with me. lol So after that, I only go to female massage therapists.

No one is allowed to touch my fingernails or toenails, though. They are way too rough with the clipping, filing, and cuticle manicuring. One of the last times I ever went, the manicurist was working furiously fast and ended up snipping a piece of skin of the top of my index finger when she was clipping. That and even the high end salons can be bacteria ridden. So doing it at home yourself seems to be the better option.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
First of all, love massages and no dudes.

Second, have you seen this lady work? Her voice will put you in a coma.

Peace

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I LOVE getting massages but I make sure the masseuse is a female.

Me too.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
At one of the local malls they have a massage area. It's out in the open so nothing that would require any disrobing. Pretty much some massage chairs out in the middle and that's it. No manicures or pedicures (not my style anyway my being male). Although I'll admit that a part of me would be curious what it would be like to have one. Once I have some finances though, I'll might see about indulging to see what it's like (pedicure). A massage at the very least.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Oh I hate people messing with my nails...either fingers or toes...so I do my own, and I'm completely freaked out by the bacteria issue in salons....I didn't even think about that. I feel a wee bit sick now.

I don't mind massage, and trained as a massage therapist a few years back, but I was totally not comfortable with the way we were trained. We all had to work on each other, and we never had any idea who would be working on us next, and some of them were really crap at massage....just too sharp, and too painful, too much pressure in the wrong places. I don't mind having a male masseur actually, as long as he's the kind of guy I'm happy to be around.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Okay, let's put it this way. People go to the dentists, right? We know their tools are sterilized very well prior to use on patients, right? So I've been thinking to myself, what the heck are these salons doing to our persons by NOT using an autoclave to sterilize tools properly for each client that go in? I mean these salons use tools that touch our skins and those could cut accidentally.

Pedicures and manicures by these 'immigrants' are scary. Even a physician told a diabetic patient DO NOT get these services because of bacteria and possible infection from these places. OH! And I bet those combs for cutting our hairs are used OVER AND OVER again without sterilizing. Yuch!

A price to pay for looking 'beautiful' is not worth endangering one's health. Yuch!

[edit on 2009-4-16 by pikypiky]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Oh wow. There is absolutely nothing (that I can talk about on the forum
) better than a massage or pedicure! (except maybe that thing I can't talk about AND a massage and pedicure!) I used to get massages about every other week. I'm unemployed at the moment so they're out the window for now. BUT as soon as I go back to work, the very first appointment I'm making is for a massage and pedicure.

As a side note, it's really not a girl thing either. My 15 year old son LOVES pedicures. I haven't gotten him a massage because I didn't want to spend MY massage money on him. Hahaa....

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deson
At one of the local malls they have a massage area. It's out in the open so nothing that would require any disrobing. Pretty much some massage chairs out in the middle and that's it. No manicures or pedicures (not my style anyway my being male). Although I'll admit that a part of me would be curious what it would be like to have one. Once I have some finances though, I'll might see about indulging to see what it's like (pedicure). A massage at the very least.

Eww. I don't think I could get a massage out in the open. That seriously would make me self conscious.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's not like... evil of me, I don't think, but I try to only go to American-run salons.

I get my hair done in my hairdresser's house because she is a family friend and used to teach at Paul Mitchell. But nails, I do just as good a job myself because I don't get acrylics or anything.

I don't think I would ever go to a massage parlor though. I just have friends give me back massages.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
It's not like... evil of me, I don't think, but I try to only go to American-run salons.

I get my hair done in my hairdresser's house because she is a family friend and used to teach at Paul Mitchell. But nails, I do just as good a job myself because I don't get acrylics or anything.

I don't think I would ever go to a massage parlor though. I just have friends give me back massages.

new topics

top topics

join