It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Diamond Colombia, April 2009(Airplane or not ?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i seen this video on youtube yesterday and left a comment about it and now i am getting all kinds of nasty messages from other Youtube members...so i am wondering if what i said was dumb or not.

the video shows a diamond shaped light and you can clearly see there is a blinking light or strobe light that looks identical to what is required by FAA flight rules. i also said the shape of the supposed ufo is a result from the camera.

so, is it an Airplane or is it a UFO ? are my observations and comments correct or not ? do Alien spacecraft have strobe lights ? was the video about unidentified secret Aircraft and not Aliens ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Looks to me to an airplane with it's landing lights on approaching.

I bet that's why the video ends when it does because near the end you can see two lights (the diamonds) and the two strobes either side.

Don't worry about what they say on youtube, no doubt the youtube user has his own little fan club.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The diamond shape is because of the shape of the iris opening, besides in some frames you can also see more BLINKING lights: the point is that what looks to be diamond shaped, most likely (if not for sure) is not. In the enhancement you can even see the diffraction rings, caused by the out of focus. You can compare its appearance with the shots below the green line: they show some lights whatsoever out of focus using a similar iris opening.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/2e14bd48b7da4401.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   

i also said the shape of the supposed ufo is a result from the camera.

I agree with this completely, at around :54 or so when they're zooming back out they pause for a split second and it starts to refocus on all the other lights around which...show up as diamonds. Maybe they were really just mini-spy ufo's and the diamond craft was coming back to collect and analyze data?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

thanks Chadwickus

whew, i feel better now about the whole thing and i agree it's an airplane approach and your probably right about the video ending when it did. most likely to hide the fact it's a friggin airplane...

reply to post by internos

thank you internos ,

your post is awesome and much appreciated

there are no doubts for me now, that i was correct in what i said on the youtube page because your expertise on this matter proves it.

why people think this is a UFO is beyond me. thanks again

reply to post by Zieg7410

thanks Zieg7410

glad you agree with me on that because i was starting to question my own judgement. one person wrote me a nasty email message not displayed on the video page that said....

"you blankitty blank blank..you don't know anything go back to the drawing board"

he must have been one of the people that believes in the mini spy ufo's..........

[edit on 16-4-2009 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
those people over there will film any thing that flays and claim that its a flying saucer or a UFO, why is that?
just wondering

and yes you are right its an Airplane , just ignore them

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

yea it's unbelievable what people will claim is a ufo.

i am just bewildered that some people fall for this kinda thing.

i will take your advice and iggy those rude messages i am getting from now on....

thanks fro the reply

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Internos good post -this object shown in a Fox News report the day of the Columbia Space Shuttle tragedy also appears to be the
'lens splash sophismata' effect.
Around 0:14 on the video the object appears to emit two purple
beams -any idea what they could be?
www.youtube.com...
Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12

Internos good post -this object shown in a Fox News report the day of the Columbia Space Shuttle tragedy also appears to be the
'lens splash sophismata' effect.
Around 0:14 on the video the object appears to emit two purple
beams -any idea what they could be?
Cheers

Karl, of course i don't know for sure what is it, and i would like to watch the original one (though i admit that the quality is relatively good.
We should know, first, what type (analog-digital) camera was used.
A strong source of light, often creates this type of effect, but there's to add that the "beam" is not very straight and is not very sharp.
Its lack of sharpness can be explained with moisture, ice crystals and focusing issues (do we know the distance of the target from the camera?) the allignment of the "beam" is neither perfectly horizontal nor vertical: now this would be very unusual if the image was captured using some charge-coupled device, because i would expect a straight line, regardless the distance from the target: but even if they used a conventional camera and they were pointing at some strong source of light, this result would fall within the many ones we could expect.

On a charge-coupled device the result looks lik this, but setting the zoom to infinite and aiming at the sun: two extreme conditions. There are a lot of intermediate conditions that we don't know, many empyrical experiments would be needed

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
So what I think it is... Hold on let me get my tin foil hat..... Ok back.. So what I think it is, is a ball of swamp gas refracting the light off of Jupiter that is reflected off of an actual UFO and projected in the form of a landing airplane...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Just because that one might be legit doesn't mean the OP's is. The OP is obviously an airplane. The camera is out of focus therefore making it appear so. However i think the discovery UFO is the real deal.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
ok here is a video that i have posted on youtube and it has a strobe light also but the other lights are kinda strange looking. i saved this video because some of the lights didn't look like plane lights even though some do. if that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

join