It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to change the world...One thought at a time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

All that you are saying has accuracy to it. The problem is; you are using mankind's solutions to solve a Godly problem!! It goes so much further than essentially "wishing" or "fairy dusting" it away, thinking we can control our thoughts and by doing so, change the world.

It didn't work with Ted Bundy (whom my husband met and interviewed), Jeffrey Dahmer, Hitler or Stalin, and too many others to count. They all would have had "their" thoughts on the power of positive thinking! I admire altruism and the power of dreaming, but it needs to be filtered through the lens of reality.

To wish to solve mankind's issues, first you must understand your audience. In this case - all of humanity. To do this you would need to understand human behavior and society, otherwise, you are setting yourself up to fail. Many have tried. All that results are; greater levels of codependency, perfectionism, and depression.

I do not know if you are old enough to have been a hippie in the 60's or its predecessor - the beatniks (we can go further back than that), but, this has always been the philosophy of many thinkers or groups. We can see how well it worked!

If you have an understanding of sociopathic behavior you would know how it is impossible to achieve what you are wishing for. We can work on ourselves but it is an illusion if we think we can influence the thoughts or motivations of others. What usually happens is; a lot of shaming and judging of others who cannot achieve our goals. The problem is much bigger than you can see.

"Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions." - Einstein

Who would be the guardian of what is healthy thinking?...You?

Who would dictate what is healthy for the masses and could determine what healthy love, healthy thoughts, or boundaries, would be? Many if not most, have a skewed idea of what healthy love even is. For example: unconditional love is actually dysfunctional! Only useful with children and true victims or the dying. But see how that philosophy has distorted man and his "thinking?"

If you want to be a leader in this well used movement, you would need to qualify how your way would be more effective than all the countless ones who have tried in the past.

Perhaps you are honestly attempting to alter an unalterable outcome? "We cannot make straight that which is crooked." Or as Einstein said;

"You cannot solve a problem with the same mind that created it."

It will take a power greater than ourselves to solve all the problems that have been created by mankind's mind, or thoughts! I wish you luck!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Actually, I was pointing out that we do this all the time, and in fact, because its something that so often springs out of, not only our accepted paradigm, but also from our MC and unconscious responses, that the being positive in the right way, should be the natural state of life on earth. Its akin to living our truth as we evolve, and wake up, as it is also a part of our own spiritual work. I think seeker's emphasis on doing this with the right intent, for the good of all, for a win/win for everyone, not out of selfishness, is important. When I suggest to others to ask for help from our visitors frequently on behalf of this planet, its also should be out of concern for the planet, and its people, and ecostructure, not just to airlift us to safety or give us some cool technology. It should always be with others in mind.

This thread by HiAliens has an interview with the founder of acern in Australia, and its really good. One of the works that she talks about in part 3 or 4 of the videos is about the power of words on our dna, work that is being down in Russia. How we can actually change our hardware, that cells seem intelligent and respond to language. We are just starting to learn and its fascinating. To simply suggest its irresponsible to not learn this, something that is our future, should this planet make it, and should be a joyful part of living consciously with intent, creates a problem just as large, perhaps even larger, and its not growing the changes in our understanding.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I really liked the way seeker put this in the perspective of having regard for everyone, and chosing to see things from that perspective and be positive with a collective viewpoint and not just from our own narrow focus.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet
reply to

In positive thought of Oneness - you are your own god and your own responsibility. What you do is not as important as the thought behind it. Every thought is an action - whether you choose it to be or not.

Sounds good doesn't it? Let me know how this works for you!

I am not codependent and so I don't attach myself to everyone else. I speak from a great deal of experience. Heaven forbid if we were actually gods ourselves. Our narcissism is already off the charts!!

Unfortunately, this belief that we are all one, doesn't work in the face of facts. I am not a sociopath nor am I an active addict, yet, look around, open your eyes, take off the blinders, and pray that there is a God separate from us!!

You are speaking of gods - as man created them.

Facts? Based on what? Knowledge is based on what is known.

You obviously have not experienced that which I have. My KNOWN - is unknown to you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

The very root of the problem is the mindset of people at large and that, according to you, this is impossible to change; nothing is impossible; it was a situation and frame of mind/thought that man developed and created; there fore it can be altered and changed just as it was made manifest to start with;

the examples you gave were of delusional psychotic mass murderers, and their positive point of view was of their way was right and they were going to create a better world by killing everyone that disagreed with them, and i actually am just a little irritated by the comparison; humanity at large has it's flaws, but the majority of the people are basically of good intent and can grow to be great inside and out, moralily and spiritually, if they are allowed to see that it can be done.

To answer your question the beatniks were before my time but i did live thru the 60's, have studied both psychology and sociology; the main intent is to let everyone see the flaws and errors in our self-induced programming such as your statement above; you are closed minded to the theory and will not benefit from it simply because you are already convinced you know the outcome before the attempt is made.

The simple statements that " I will be positive in all that i do; I will be happy for life is good, my thoughts are good, all my actions will be positive and good, all my actions will promote happiness and good ness for all people and will not detract from anyone in anyway." is an affirmation that will only promote more good; being positive does affect our dna, and smiling, a simple act, does release endorphins in to the blood stream.

Put aside the tightly closed box of academic research and constrained confined guidelines; believe that you can and will make a difference with all that you do, and see it making a difference, and it will.

You are limiting yourself by your own thoughts, matrix. Think outside the box, friend, and see what lies before you.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Good point Annee, and i have to agree totally; for indeed our known is apparently very unknown territory for a lot of souls, yet our thoughts are connected on that vast unknown sea of the collective unconscious and do affect all.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

The simple statements that " I will be positive in all that i do; I will be happy for life is good, my thoughts are good, all my actions will be positive and good, all my actions will promote happiness and good ness for all people and will not detract from anyone in anyway." is an affirmation that will only promote more good; being positive does affect our dna, and smiling, a simple act, does release endorphins in to the blood stream.

This answers my question very nicely. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The research in Russia discovering how language affects dna is very interesting.
I believe this. As a side note, the et script is something that is often used an activation of some kind. And I believe I read somewhere that its like nano technology, that their script or language actually activates some of their technology in unusual ways. I wish I could remember where I got that because I think we're only beginning to see this kind thing.

www.divinecosmos.com...

Human DNA acts like a biological version of the Internet — and it is superior to the artificial one in many ways.

The latest Russian scientific research directly or indirectly explains phenomena such as clairvoyance, intuition, spontaneous / remote acts of healing, self-healing, affirmation techniques, unusual light/auras around people (namely spiritual masters), the mind’s influence on weather patterns and much more.

In addition, there is evidence for a whole new type of medicine in which DNA can be influenced and reprogrammed by words and frequencies — WITHOUT cutting out and replacing single genes....

Only 10% of our DNA is being used for building proteins. It is this subset of DNA that is of interest to western researchers, and it is being examined and categorized. The other 90% of the molecule is considered to be "junk DNA."

The Russian researchers, however, were convinced that nature was not so dumb. They joined linguists and geneticists in a venture to explore that 90% of "junk DNA." Their results, findings and conclusions are simply revolutionary!

According to their findings, our DNA is not only responsible for the construction of our body, but also serves as a means of data storage and communication.

The Russian linguists found that the genetic code — especially in the apparent "useless" 90% — follows the same rules as our human languages. ...

The Russian biophysicist and molecular biologist Pjotr Garjajev and his colleagues also explored the vibrational behavior of DNA.

In brief, the bottom line was: "Living chromosomes function just like a holographic computer, using endogenous DNA laser radiation."

This means that they managed, for example, to modulate certain frequency patterns (sound) onto a laser-like ray, which then influenced the DNA frequency — and thus altered the genetic information itself.

Since the basic structures of DNA-alkaline pairs and language (as explained earlier) are similar, no DNA decoding is necessary. One can simply use words and sentences of the human language!

We respond at a dna level to our own language. We really should be interested and focused on creating a positive language from which to operate.
Our messages to ourselves, and to our children are very significant.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

We do indeed need to explore the positive language and devise a simple yet super positive language of affirmation to in turn program and enhance our dna; were there any more articles or information detailing how and exactly what kind of words/language does have this affect?

very good post,mystiq, star for you. keep digging and we way have a toe hold into a totally new paradigm.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
In my daughter's home - you are not allowed to say anything negative.

If you say hate - can't - bored - she made me - or phrase a sentence in the negative - you are required to do 10 push ups.

Its really kind of funny - - and her 9 year old daughter who has the same independent streak her mother has - - can now do 50 push ups.

But - she is learning early to be aware of her word/language usage.

Granny (that be me) is exempt

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I must say I admire her mindset and her conditional programming against being negative is definitely a different approach, Annee. If more parents would try to instill positive direction and love based thoughts in children we would see many changes for the better.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I just happened upon this thread and am so grateful. Thanks for OP. And through reading the entire thread, I was so happy to see it going in a direction I was going to speak to - how we treat and teach our children.

I grew up in a household full of shame and demeaning. You know the kind of phrases I mean "you'll never amount to anything" blah blah Yes, those are tapes that get stuck in your head and as an elightened adult - it takes a lot to 'tape over' these negative statements.

Children are so pure - it's enviroment that taints them. We need to teach them at home and build their neuro pathways in the right direction. It's not them that are bad but, perhaps their behavior. In how we speak and act can tear down or build. When your child greets you - what is your face saying? I attempt to greet my child everyday, consciously, with a bright smile. This sets the tone for the whole day. Also, children easily pick up on energy.

Personally, it took a long time to change my own thought process. I am dedicated to living a conscious and authentic life. Not making choices or decisions from a fear based center. The author Shakti Gawain has some wonderful books on living consciously and creative visualization.

:blush: I have a visualizaton board. I made it from just a piece of cardboard and found pictures or words in magazines or where ever of things I wanted to manifest in my life, cut them out, pasted 'em on my board. I've put this board somewhere I will see it everyday. I don't stare at it or anything, it's just there in the backgroud.

I did this a year ago and I've had several items I placed on the vision board manifest.

Awesome subject matter - I will continue to follow this thread with interest.
Peace & abundance to all.

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Whisper67

Thanks for stopping by and sharing with us,whisper; our children are our most precious resource, so innocent, and we shape and mold them with our every thought, word, look, and action. and there is nothing that can brighten your day and enrich the soul like the gentleness of a youngling.

No need to blush about your visual board; it is an excellent way to focus and manifest for all; please devote a little of your energy to seeing our world healed and as a happy place for all people, see all healthy and happy, well fed and cared for; together, if we all would just devote 3% of our thoughts to living in a better world for all, it would be amazing at what we could do.

peace and good thoughts to you.

seeker

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67

:blush: I have a visualization board. I made it from just a piece of cardboard and found pictures or words in magazines or where ever of things I wanted to manifest in my life, cut them out, pasted 'em on my board. I've put this board somewhere I will see it everyday. I don't stare at it or anything, it's just there in the background.

In one place I lived - I painted a wall pink and actually painted positive sayings on it - - and glued pictures directly on to the wall.

Really - its OK if its in the foreground.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I personally to believe in the power of conscience to alter our surroundings. What's key here is that most people cannot think positively and maintain that attitude.

Think about it; the average joe will come home from work and turn on the 6 o'clock news to see what? New war started with thousands of casualties, new diseases being spread about with his state being threatened next, other countries building nuclear weapons and threatening to attack his country, how on Earth can the average person look past all this and maintain positivity?

Whether a fearful and hopeless population is systematically being created through the MSM and other means i don't know, but it certainly is happening.

The OP is talking about the Law of Attraction, from what i understand thats pretty much it, visualizing what you want in life? Correct me if im wrong? I just think that's a very selfish method of living your conscious life. These things you want can't be created out of thin air, they come from somewhere. I could go on for hours, just my personal take.

Namaste.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
I personally to believe in the power of conscience to alter our surroundings. What's key here is that most people cannot think positively and maintain that attitude.

Think about it; the average joe will come home from work and turn on the 6 o'clock news to see what? New war started with thousands of casualties, new diseases being spread about with his state being threatened next, other countries building nuclear weapons and threatening to attack his country, how on Earth can the average person look past all this and maintain positivity?

Whether a fearful and hopeless population is systematically being created through the MSM and other means i don't know, but it certainly is happening.

The OP is talking about the Law of Attraction, from what i understand thats pretty much it, visualizing what you want in life? Correct me if im wrong? I just think that's a very selfish method of living your conscious life. These things you want can't be created out of thin air, they come from somewhere. I could go on for hours, just my personal take.

Namaste.
Throw the tv to the curb, for the MSM is pumping nothingbut negativity to all who sit in front of it, and yes the ability to maintain focus on positive goals is a daunting task in the face of all the reported and perceived negativity.

The Law of Attraction is but one of several concepts involved here,friend, and I am striving to raise everyone above the self-serving level to a more universal service to others focus; not just focus on you and yours, but on the entire general population of this planet and the planet itself, to raise the general consciousness and well being for all, for the highest good of all, not just for personal nor prideful gain.

Each individual person has an impact with their thoughts, albeit it is a small one; together as a group consciousness we can affect the whole sphere of our reality, not just littl bits and pieces.

Thanks for your thoughts.

peace and love to all.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
If we can rewrite or upgrade our dna with positive words, with the right words, perhaps even with learning, language, knowledge. Perhaps not all just a positive statement, but reading material that is challenging to us, such as essays on physics, metaphysics, scholarly works. We need to focus on directions and ways to go with ourselves, and families, our children. The television is a prime example of how negative and controlling the messages they receive are, and the paradigm they're expected to emulate. Frequencies, music. The harmonics of music. This thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... about the Nazis trying to, and then the cartel succeeding in the 1950s to bring in a change in our harmoic musical scale that was tuned at the 440 hz, but the proper tuning is 432 hz. The 432 is the mathematical harmonics and is the Pythagoran Musical Spiral:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maya432: a real quick review:

A-432 , the ONLY resonant frequency that can natualy create what is

known as the "Pythagoran Musical Spiral" , or also know in Math

as the formula " Phi " and also refered to as "The Golden Mean" and

also known as the "Fibonnaci Sequence"... 1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89...ect.

it also explains the growth/expansion rate of the universe

this is also related to what "Plato" refered to as "The Theory of EVERYTHING".

Hidden in the codes of the a-432 tones you can find the building sequences of life.

A Galaxy spinning follows the Pythagoran sequence, plant life follows these

sequences...our body dimensions follow these sequences......

You might ask "What does this have to do with Music?"..

I`m really not quite sure yet... But Ive read quotes from famous Quantum

Physicists that Imply that Music/Sound is the Single Most Imortant thing

in our excistence...

The 440 hz harmonic scale brings discord and disturbances to us.

This whole thing, needs to be looked at in our search for bringing in a responsible manner for the whole of humanity, the positivity we need to bring to each and other and this world.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Good information, mystiq, thanks for posting it; it goes hand in hand with other things that effect our dna and our glandular secretions; as pointed out ny cindymars randomly smiling on the spur of the moment releases endorphins in the bloodstream; being in a positive state of mind and focusing on positive thoughts tightens the strands of our dna;

the research being done on sound and words themselves actively affecting and repairing our dna is very interesting; the right combination of frequencies might serve to activate the large percantage of our dna written off as being junk and serving no purpose, helping us to move towards the next step on the ladder.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hi all. I came by this today and wanted to share it here.

"The Art of Communicating"
by Robert Stuberg

It's interesting how quickly we become accustomed to, and even take for granted, the amazing new developments in communications available in the world today. With the ability now to contact people on the other side of the world right at our finger tips, we tend to forget how recently and how rapidly this technology has come into our lives. Consider the fact that through most of human history, up to the time of Thomas Jefferson (who, incidentally, never saw a railroad train), communications were limited to the speed of horses. To say that we have come a long way since then, especially in the last 30 years, is an understatement. And we must keep in mind that the sudden emergence of such innovations in instantaneous communications as satellites, cell phones, email and the internet, to name a few, is simply the revolutionary beginning of what is likely to come.

What perhaps is less clear is how well we are succeeding with the human factor in communications.
I think it's fair to ask are we giving as much attention to the quality of our communications to one another as we do to the dazzling means of communicating at our disposal? Are we as adept today, for instance, in communicating ideas with a comparable level of civility as were the artful letter writers of Jefferson's day? How well we communicate with one another on a person-to-person
basis, writing, speaking and listening, is as important today as it was 200 years ago.
The success of all human relationships depends on the quality of our interpersonal
communications.

We can break down any communication into three parts: One is "The Sender," two is "The Message,"
and three is "The Receiver." Each component is important and a failure in any one of them causes a breakdown in the communication. For example, the Sender's sensitivity to the needs of the Receiver is critical. A garbled or mis-stated Message may be worse than no message at all. And of course, a Receiver who doesn't listen might as well not be there at all.

We know, of course, how breakdowns in communications can have disastrous consequences. Money,friendships,jobs, and even marriages are frequently lost because of poor communications between individuals. Some historians believe that World War I erupted essentially because of a failure in communications between the major European powers.

None of us, we hope, will ever be in a position to start a war, but we all can strive to keep our own communication channels open and free from the interference of insensitivity and rancor. If we constantly work at maintaining the integrity of those three components of communications, we'll have a much better chance of getting our own thoughts across and understanding what the other person has to say whether it's in emails, faxes or every day conversations.

Above all, our communications should be forthcoming, honest, and as clear as possible.

When we combine these attributes with a genuine interest in those we are communicating with, we will truly achieve the key to effective communication and stronger interpersonal relations with or without the technology of the future.

Source:
www.success.bz...

For example: I should have heeded this on my earlier post.

For example, the Sender's sensitivity to the needs of the Receiver is critical.

Peace!

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

Very good post,cindy, and so very relevant in our modern topsy turvy world, for it is readily apparent that most everyone needs to work on developing better communication skills and to step back and view the entire current paradigm and it's components with a lot more open mind;

all to often the programming focuses directly on the "me,me,mine," aspect of everything and if it isn't a routine part of accepted pedantics and dogma it is just a target for emotional outbursts and venting.

and this all fits into the thiught forms we project out into the universe and the seeds of events we plant each day with our thoughts and our dreams.

if only every person would take the time to think out what they wanted to communicate, how much emotion or desire to instill in it, and how it is going to effect the one reading or receiving it, the message would grow and expand beyond the limits of just being written text.

thanks,friend.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
A line I made up myself leads my life...

"Don't do your best, do the best."

Whether you view the cup as half empty of half full, the goal is just to get it filled up, even if it is impossible.

Reach for the sky? How about the stars?

Always be happy with your performance, but never be satisfied with it (as a whole).

I am neither a pessimist or an optimist. I am always happy, but never satisfied. Be thankful for what you have, but why not work for more?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join