It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to change the world...One thought at a time

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Its a refreshing idea however may I propose that given (I assume), that those who replied in this thread are the types who will actively work in attempting to produce positive or balancing energies for their respective areas, they are not really the target audience.

Would it not be better perhaps to come up with an idea to attempt to get a certain thought or mindset projected actively out of this community, even if it was something as simple as a catchy slogan that perhaps our variance influences could begin to spread across this electronic consciousness that is the internet.

I appreciate using enemy tactics may perhaps leave a bad taste in some peoples mouths, but we are not the ones who set the rules of this engagement.

Of course people have been trying to get people on mass to positively visualize for the greater good for a long time, but in my opinion I think it has been quite some time since a pure intended working of that type has actually taken place, something that is for our whole world, not just one nation or race.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
double post

[edit on 16-4-2009 by gYvMessanger]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
I can vouch for the power of thought. I see my thoughts reflected everywhere. The world's made of them. They mesh together from different people and create new experiences. We influence each others little realities with them. It still amazes me to see it in action. If only more people paid attention to their thoughts and their relation to the external world, they would notice it too.

Put thoughts into words in your mind... have conversations within, and I guarantee you'll experience a little 'deja vu'. At first it's easy to pass off, until everything is deja vu. That's when you wake up inside the dream and say "holy sh**, I created this mess?!".

Pay attention to your thoughts and train your subconscious properly. It doesn't know what's good or bad, just what you focus on the most. It experiences time nonlinearly too. Once you realize that it opens up even more possibilities.

exactly, my friend, and a very valid insight into how the thought process does work, the whole premise of how we have all the answers within if we only look for them and then learn how our own built in cpu between the ears actually works. thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by gYvMessanger

yes it would, friend, but also realize that by us, the few, working towards this end do indeed project more and more positive out into the universal vibe or frequency of the vast collective consciousness that we all are attached to, and the premise is that as we do the positive wave will spread and begin to affect all around us.

Perhaps you can devise a way or plan to try and stimulate the great internet masses and help to spread the positive.
thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

also good material for those searching for greater understanding of the power of thought and a good example of how we are all a part of the whole and how from the beginning to the end the original thought of the Creator is tied in and the very basis for all thought and the formulated structure for the framework we call reality.

thanks for your your insightful sharing,blujay.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I don't know about you people, but seems that I live in a material world and I like to enjoy that life. Sometimes, for me, It helps to have few toys and the 'green energy' to travel and buy books.

Why not? What's the point on making diatribes against money and goods?

Not that I despise the spiritual world. Not at all.

It's just that I'm here to experience this reality and I'm not 'evolved' to the point of 'meditating' full-on non-stop 24/7/365 on mountains.

And maybe some people eventualy will come after the spiritual when they realize that the material is not enough.

I have a body, I have 'lower' emotions. What's not right about that considering balance?

What if the dry cleaner manifestation increases the production which increases the employment?

"But It's just me and I could be wrong and maybe It's a terrible tragedy."

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

I think, personally, you dont have a choice but to live in this physical reality, and play by the rules set by the masses, if the goal is more than personal escape, in my opinion we have to do more than simply send out good vibrations, though we certainly should be doing that as well.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by infobrazil

someday perhaps you will get past the self service mode most people are in and realise that we truly are held captive by the system; the toys are a product of someone's labors in the attempt to earn enough to pay for everything; yet a lot do not ever get the pleasure of those toys, for the struggle to put enough food on the table or keep a warm dry place for their family to sleep or clothes and shoes for them are far more important to basic survival;

that many people in this world are always hungry because there is never enough money, that walk thru life sick or hurting because seeing a dentist about that bad tooth that might abcess and kill them costs too much, that seeing any medical people is just too exspensive;

these are but a few reasons that some of us seek a way to change our world, so the hungry can be fed, the sick treated and healed, the abused comforted and loved, that all people should be able to have peace,happiness, love, and truly enjoy their hman experience.

that is why, my brazillian friend.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

Cindy pointed out that she had nothing to say against the points that you brought up, but rather questioned you displaying anger. Her own posts are insightful and helpful, and she consistently shows positivity towards anyone who needs help. She's a good friend and I don't think you have any reason to continue to say rude things to her, as she has not warranted that from you or anyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
one system says this whole universe all of it is the creator experiencing itself. Light came first and was the first distortion,and kept splitting all the way down to even us which makes us all gods experiencing ourselves. all of creation is sentient ,vibrations are major way of being,earth is a bigger entity than us but all are equal and all are creator.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Mystiq, I have said my piece and responded back to Ms Mars as I am to you. I think its nice you stick up for someone you know from just knowing them on line.

I know seeker in the real world. My post was to seeker. Seeker and I do in the real world show anger, raise our voices and act as real people when we deal with each other.

I am who I am just as you are who you are. I have seen in threads where you are not exactly the nice person either. We all can not be positive all the time. Yet who is not to say anger placed right can not be a positive or work for positive outcome?

If you think I am being mean to you or rude to you then you should not of replied to me. Some view things differently than others. Part of being a positive person is learning to except people for their differences and not trying to control peoples thoughts and emotions. That is to much like religion. That is why people shy away from it. Has positivity became the new worlds religion?

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

this is getting way out of hand and off topic; voicing your disagreement with my post is fine and accepted protocol; but the venting of emotions and being un-polite and civil at all times is not acceptable behavior in common discussion and etiquette here; we need to stay on topic and be courteous and civil at all times or the mods, over worked as they are, will not take kindly to any here.

Cindymars did not attack or provoke anything other than pointing out that flaming was not necessary or called for, and this thread is not the place to vent; either address your concerns to me via u2u or email,please, and not take away from the topic at hand.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
As I slowly get to know about each of you through reading your posts, I am happy to have access to a wealth of intelligence on this site. With that said, I am in agreement with most of you that our thoughts do make a difference. Because when you have anger, hatred and other negativities you give up your power and control to others and the target of your thoughts. But love and joy, I believe, are all encompassing and the higher vibration above these five senses. I also believe that interference with another and their choices is a deterrent to our enlightenment. I had my eyes completely opened when I read "Handbook for a New Paradigm" and I believe there are probably some of you out there that know it well. Namaste

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

We shall get back on topic. I would like to show examples of what this creating with thought can do once you learn the true secret that works all of the mechanics or if you have a natural ability to do it.

Yesterday I needed to get stamps. But I really didn't want to go into the post office and wait in line. My thought was I need stamps but I don't want to go inside and wait.

I pull into the post office parking lot I opened my truck door and guess what was laying on the ground right by my truck. A book of stamps. You say no big deal you got a free book of stamps. Yes I did but someone else it cost 8.40 for those stamps.

Another example:

I have a big bank down from the road to mow every summer. Very steep. I dislike mowing on. Dangerous on the rider very tiring with the push mower. I'm standing out there on Thursday I remember thinking Oh Lord I don't want to have to mow this bank this summer or ever again. I wish it were planted in wild flowers then I wouldn't have to.

A few days later I'm at work. My son calls mom theres been an accident someone went into the yard. I didn't think much of it. I figured they went in and went out. I got home. The jeep was still in my yard. The woman that drove the jeep told the police she don't know what happened she must of blacked out. She jumped a six foot ditch with the jeep coming off the road. Hit two big bolders knocking them down into the flat part of my yard off that ditch I hate to mow. She tore the front in off the jeep she had to of been airborne even the police said that. Fortunately she came out of it without a scratch. Thank God she had just dropped off her small children before she had this accident. Her bad luck is that the jeep she was driving is totaled out. She only had libility insurance its all her mother who owned the jeep could afford.

But I do not have to mow the ditch this summer. Why her insurance is paying the landscaper to come in bring in dirt to feel the craters left by her landings and sliding. They will grade the ditch down. Plant grass seed and cover it with straw so it will grow. This I'm changing I'm going to buy wild flower seeds so I won't ever think again I wish I didn't have to mow that.

Children have a natural ability to do this when they are young. As with everything metaphysical most forget as the grow older. Also as adults we force our view point on children without evening knowing it. Which in this case is good. Even nature can be controlled with thought if the person knows how to do this. Or has a natural ability to do this.

One day my son had an appointment that I had to take him out of school for in the morning. After the appointment he didn't want to go back to school. The day was cloudy and we had been having on again off again showers. Nothing bad just a good sleeping day as they say.

I could see my son deep in thought as we got in the truck to leave the appointment and head him back to school. I took him to school signed him back in and came home. Ten minutes after I got home the sirens were going off. Our sleepy showers had turned into a storm with a tornado warning. Nothing strange you say right.

Take this into consideration. The tornado came down right where we were when he found out he was going back to school. That tornado followed the exact same path just above ground as we had taken back to the school. I saw on the news the projected path of the tornado. His school was right in line with it.

I knew in a heart beat what my sons focus was. If the weather was bad he knew I would bring him straight home where I know he would be safe instead of at the school where he would not be as safe.

So I used thought to cancel out his creation. The tornado vanished the last main intersection before his school. He came home that night we had a long talk. He got his talk before you think about how to avoid doing something you don't want to do such as a bad storm that makes no school you think of the kids in that school at that time. Not just your own wishes and thoughts.

Then we had the round of school bullies. My son thought he would help those they bullied without laying a hand on them. So he focused his thoughts on if they would go away that would be good. He started coming home from school one night it would be guess what happened to so and so last night when he was at a basketball game with his parents? He's out for two weeks because of the surgery on his knee now for falling down the bleachers as they were leaving. The next night guess so and so is going to be out of school for a while they got real sick and the doctor says they can't come back. After the forth so and so name the connection to all thses names clicked in my head.

Again I asked him. What were you thoughts before all this started happening to these kids. He simple answer is that they would go away and not be back in school for awhile. Then we had to have the talk about it is not his right to judge and be jury but to ask a higher power that see's all and knows all to be that judge and hand out or not hand out what is needed. Now instead of sickness and injuries this group don't seem to be able to be sneaky doing anything when they torment the other kids.

I could go on and on with stories and bore you to tears. Before you take the up the sword of creating with thought if its not a natural thing you seem to be able to do I suggest you think hard about it. The sword is double edged. It can do wonderful things on one side and create diaster and chaos by the smallest of thoughts on the other.

Seeker I will assume than that all threads in this site deserve the same respect as you want yours to have. Live by your words please also. Our paths need to seperate you are on a path I do not want to tread down. What we put out returns to us. I do not want the returns that come with this thread.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   

The power of positive thinking has been a subject discussed and taught for many decades. "The Course of Miracles" and "The Secret" along with others, are jumping on an old band wagon. If it truly worked, then why aren't we seeing it? This thinking has been around far longer than the two avenues I mentioned.

Here is the problem with this thinking:

You are not considering that society is an addict! We want to always "feel good." If a person is an addict they will never get out of self long enough to benefit the world, times that many times over, with millions of people, you will see the problem.

Also, it is a teaching that helps one to avoid all the negative. Yet, we learn from the negative! We develop addicted personalities by pursuing only positive input or thinking, "let's love the world" - mentality. This in itself is addictive thinking!

Boo on me! But I work in the field of human behavior and addiction and will tell you that what you are asking for is an impossibility. The only way is with divine help, aka: letting go and letting God. We are only responsible for ourselves.

Often the greatest gift we can give, is letting someone fall! This includes society.

Been there - done that - my friend!

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Now this is starting to intimidate as it seems to be very esoteric knowledge, yet we all use thought every day, probably throughout the universe, even prayer follows into this. But you brought up points that made me wonder how to be positive in a positive non-harmful way. For example, by looking at your examples, and my wish for an outcome of a truly equal, grass roots world where empowerment comes from the bottom up, who happen to be very educated and wise, a world that can enter into the cosmos, I can see that any number of dreadful scenarios could ultimately bring about this result. Also another image I've used for our empowerment and freedom was that all of the workers for the cabal and government, simply walk out on the side of the people and begin to work with us, disclosing everything they know. Now its occurring to me, that in order for so many to do so, they may have to experience great tragedy.

But this is what we do all the time. Our thoughts are undisciplined, and if they really have the creational potential then we are still facing tragedy perhaps even on a global scale.

So how do we work around these limitations on something that should be natural, positive thoughts and images, and even healthy?

[edit on 18-4-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MatrixProphet

You are not considering that society is an addict! We want to always "feel good." If a person is an addict they will never get out of self long enough to benefit the world, times that many times over, with millions of people, you will see the problem.

Actually - I believe it is the opposite.

IMO - most people are negative by focusing on what is wrong with everything - - and most humans follow man-made ideology based on fear. They say it is about love - but in reality - its primarily about fear of not doing the right thing to gain admittance to the Kingdom.

In positive thought of Oneness - you are your own god and your own responsibility. What you do is not as important as the thought behind it. Every thought is an action - whether you choose it to be or not.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MatrixProphet

All good and valid points; but the reason you are not seeing the type of change being discussed must be taken to a deeper level and closer scrutiny; we as a whle are programmed from birth, first by our loving parents and family thru basic interactions such as learning to walk, and talk, etc., to follow a basic program or routine, then thru out our formative years by formal education and interaction with other humans we encounter;

eventually some people will get past the sub routines of daily life and start to really look at how things operate, how the cycle of daily life is a programmed response;

original thought and the searching for answers behind the reasons for the programmed responses can and sometimes does lead to thinking outside the box especially thru the use of meditation as a mind awakening tool;

the supposition here is that we can break out of the normal routines and programmed standard responses and motions; that, at a point in our mental developement, we can see past all this and learn to focus on ourselves and why we do what we do, what the ramifications and effect s of our actions are, not just to us, but to those around us, and seek to change not only what we do, but how we do each thing, why we do each thing, the consequences of our actions, and the scope of just how far reaching it can be and often is.

Society as a general rule is predicated on being self serving as a standard part of the routine; I need to provide for my family, they come first; my wants and desires are first and foremost, for I am more important to me and the rest can fend for themselves;

the needed mindset is we are all in this together, my thoughts and actions need to be for the highest good of all people and our planet, that my thoughts, my actions, and my desires are for the highest good and i will share in this goodness equally with all in this world.

thanks for sharing with us.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Sorry to see you go, but that is your choice and an act of free will, as it should be; but understand that all the examples you have given are a very good example of what needs to be changed; all of them are based on being self serving and that is the basic flaw with this society; no one is number one, we are all one people, and service to others thru our thoughts and desires, asking again only for the highest good in all things for all people,shared equally and totally by all people, is the goal.

every day each thought as you just described occuring from self service minds has negative consequences for people; i think it is quite clear about the 2 choices; and i choose service to others, for everything that makes life better and the people happier is something that i want to share with everyone.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

IMO - most people are negative by focusing on what is wrong with everything - - and most humans follow man-made ideology based on fear. They say it is about love - but in reality - its primarily about fear of not doing the right thing to gain admittance to the Kingdom.

Couldn't agree more.

In positive thought of Oneness - you are your own god and your own responsibility. What you do is not as important as the thought behind it. Every thought is an action - whether you choose it to be or not.

Sounds good doesn't it? Let me know how this works for you!

I am not codependent and so I don't attach myself to everyone else. I speak from a great deal of experience. Heaven forbid if we were actually gods ourselves. Our narcissism is already off the charts!!

Unfortunately, this belief that we are all one, doesn't work in the face of facts. I am not a sociopath nor am I an active addict, yet, look around, open your eyes, take off the blinders, and pray that there is a God separate from us!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join