It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to change the world...One thought at a time

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
In these uncertain times here at the culmination of the first decade of the 21st century, it is time to really look at where we as a race are and how we can promote needed positive changes in our daily lives and ultimately in our society and world.

Today we are surrounded by blackberries,laptops, and desk computers that are fast and do amazing things; but none of them come close to the original super computer, which is located between every one's ears; the human brain.

We consciously and un-consciously create the reality we deal with everyday by our wants,needs, desires, worrys, fears; every thought has an affect on us and everything around us, and the way we think, the way we have been programmed to think and reason, all has a tremendous affect on our reality.

Creative visualization is a wonderful tool for everyone, for it will bring many things into your life; but you must learn to think and speak in the proper manner; positive in all things, from the smallest thought or idea, dream or vision, will generate positive into all things around you; for example, you need a new washer and dryer for your home; don't sit there and think " if I could only save more money or earn more, I could buy that set of appliances."
There are flaws in that mental statement; if, and could; that implies a possibility, something that might happen if you are fortunate and lucky; see yourself using that new washer and dryer, looking at how quiet it operates, how clean the clothes are, how fresh they smell out of the dryer;make the mental statement of " I am getting that new washer, I am getting that dryer".

Be positive, and assertive; not if, but I am; and apply it to every aspect of your life; I am being prosperous, I am healthy, or healed, see everything as already happening, not a maybe or a possibility, but as cold hard fact.

Take a look at all the negative aspects in your daily life and make the effort to be positive, smile and do all things from the heart and with love; it makes a difference.

We can change the entire situation of this planet, of all the people, simply by positive thought and seeing the hungry being feed, the homeless sheltred and cared for, neighbor helping neighbor; but see it and know it is changing for the good, know that each positive thought and act does generate more and more; tell your fellow man about it, share how good it all is, and how you are making it better.

Do this all day,every day, in all things, and we can change the world, one thought at a time.

seeker

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I have the hardest time with this, the part where you suspend belief and really feel its already there. But I believe that many millions of hypothetical timelines exist and our positive thoughts are the most important tool we have to draw the right ending, or the right solution to us.

Thank you for this thread. Starred and flagged. I hope to learn from it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

Good thread .
Looking forward to how it develops. The mind and its thoughts are truely more powerful than we can ever imagine. What you think does happen on a level, it may not be a level we can see but it is there.

Thoughts are energy and energy manifests. Think love and love will manifest.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq
I have the hardest time with this, the part where you suspend belief and really feel its already there. But I believe that many millions of hypothetical timelines exist and our positive thoughts are the most important tool we have to draw the right ending, or the right solution to us.

Thank you for this thread. Starred and flagged. I hope to learn from it.

You don't want to suspend belief, Mystiq; you have to believe in what you visualise, have to know it is real, be 100% certain that it is real,genuine, bona fide, and permanent; suspending belief will not accomplish anything, for your sub-conscious will class it as a fantasy and it will not bare fruit.

seeker

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Why do your thoughts need to be positive? Being a pessimist helps in this world far more, and this thing called the new age is aload of bull.

I have just learned from experience, that this society is based on rubbish, and thats all it is. Trying to change that is very ahrd, and all i can say is just focus on one thing for the rest of your life if you are going to do this,a nd see what happens, you may not see it in your life, but like most peoples lifes are rubbish, they may as well focus on something longer term than themselves.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g

You don't want to suspend belief, Mystiq; you have to believe in what you visualise, have to know it is real, be 100% certain that it is real,genuine, bona fide, and permanent; suspending belief will not accomplish anything, for your sub-conscious will class it as a fantasy and it will not bare fruit.

seeker

Ok, but how do you actually do this outside of just believnig, or having faith so to speak?

You might mention meditation, but, something as little as a fly on the wall can disturb this train of thought.

How do you know anything is 100% for sure? Yes, the sun will rise tomorrow, but, anything beyond that is always questionable.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I meant suspend disbelief. I remember asking Skyfloating about this, and its actually hard for me. Anything that separates you from the goal, perhaps even saying "I WILL get this" defeats the purpose. It is hard. You have to see it as true, as really there, as your reality, period. I think I remember him writing that
its kind of like a lie to yourself, but you have to rewrite the definition of lie. It's not a lie unless it doesn't come true. I believe another way of putting it would be to say "its a truth in progress".

There are a lot of truths, what strikes many as true, and bears out in their own meditative experiences and dream works, in the new age information. Timelines and hypothetical alternatives to everything, also has its roots in metaphysics.

Approximately a month ago, I felt a very strong positive shift on the timelines.
Perhaps a little longer, unless I write a date down I usually have a hard time with remembering it. But, when I was writing to my friends, many felt the same way. Just on time, a lineup of negative threads concerning an all out nuclear war, devasting the northern hemisphere, and many other possibilities that have always been discussed began to be discussed in earnest in threads. I felt like the negative was trying to win.

I often picture positive endings, though don't know what each disaster could be. My big ones are picturing a world where no one is without both necessities and things that bring them joy. I picture everyone living equally, without money, without slavery, contributing as they can. I picture Africa and the Middle East living with spirituality as a personal choice, boys and girls equal, living in middle classed recycled earth ship style homes with solar and free energy, wearing blue jeans, playing natural games. At school they are learning advanced science and cosmic realities of our visitors and neighbors and the histories of the universe. They are developing their psi potential and learning to communicate with each other and whales and dolphins as well. The entire world has unity and peace and we have become its rightful caretakers, cleaning it up, and correcting the imbalances, in an interspecies way that welcomes all that live on it or under its surface.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
You will find that positive things are an illusion of sorts.

So you go there if you want, but i would rather be a pessimist.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Why do your thoughts need to be positive? Being a pessimist helps in this world far more, and this thing called the new age is aload of bull.

I have just learned from experience, that this society is based on rubbish, and thats all it is. Trying to change that is very ahrd, and all i can say is just focus on one thing for the rest of your life if you are going to do this,a nd see what happens, you may not see it in your life, but like most peoples lifes are rubbish, they may as well focus on something longer term than themselves.

congratulations, you managed to see what a lot overlook; but being pessimist brings pessimistic or short sighted results; each must choose for their selves, but I choose the happy and uplifting path, not the gloom and doom what is gonna goof up next path; like begats like, and i am an optismist, so i strive to bring hope and optimism about our future into being,not continue the string of mediocrity.

just my point of view.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Ok, but how do you actually do this outside of just believnig, or having faith so to speak?

You might mention meditation, but, something as little as a fly on the wall can disturb this train of thought.

How do you know anything is 100% for sure? Yes, the sun will rise tomorrow, but, anything beyond that is always questionable.

The whole point revolves around believeing, BR: the stronger your faith in yourself, the stronger your belief in your self and your natural inbuilt ability to create, the stronger and faster your ability to manifest; nothing is ever 100% positive or guaranteed besides death and a lot of interesting experiences; as far as meditation, yes, it is good, but this is more creative visualisation in a more focused and intensified manner.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by mystiq

My minister at my Spiritual Center says - for those who have trouble seeing things as if they already exist - says to say: "Wouldn't it be nice if _________________________.

That way you can still create the positive visualization as if it already exists.

Just a trick of the mind - she says.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Annee]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You will find that positive things are an illusion of sorts.

So you go there if you want, but i would rather be a pessimist.

Taken in a literal context all things are an illusion of sorts, a manifested 3d hologram of the play being lived out in the Creator's mind or whatever he contrived it all in/on;

The fun part about this human experience we are all having is free choice and the illusion of freedom that goes with it; enjoy your choices just remember that it was your choice, and later on can you convince yourself that you chose wisely?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The world will change when the dumbed-down sheeple have nothing else to lose, when it's life or death.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Great thread Seeker S&F.

A few more tips on the process.

One I do know this works from experimentation.
The first time was many, many years ago when I first came across the concept of positive thinking from the book "Your Word is Your Wand" by Florence Shovell Shinn.
I was in a rather bad place at the time. I needed a new car, a new roommate and wanted to loose a few pounds. I practised her affirmations daily and all the above was transformed. After I had what I wanted after awhile I stopped doing the affirmations and ofcourse life returned to challenges. Over the last 20 or so years I have adapted these techniques but done them and not done them and I know for a fact that when implemented they DO WORK.

Now what is even more key is our moment to moment perceptions.
If someone yells at us or berates us, we tend to want to pickup the perseptual filter of defence, it is a choice but as an experiment choose a different filter and see what happens. If we empower ourselves with the ability to choose, anything is possible. I am still working on it.

Also in manifestation there is always a second force working to keep us from our goal, so it is usefull when stating a desired outcome to state it as in the moment. I love my new washer and dryer and also what does that FEEL like. I have found that manifesting small things is esy because we say it and release it without a feeling of urgency. I think urgency stresses the process.

Anyway that is my 3 cents.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

My friend always says "Act as If!"
Pretend it so until it is so.

Just like smiling when you are not in the mood actually releases endoraphines (sp).

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj

The world will change when the dumbed-down sheeple have nothing else to lose, when it's life or death.

total defeatist attitude that only serves to keep it exactly that way and does nothing except re inforce the negativity; lift your head up and look around,friend, it is still a beautiful world and has a lot of beautiful people; help them to see the beauty and not focus on the mud underfoot.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cindymars

good points cindy; i was trying to emphasize to do everything in the now and as a done deal, not waiting but already happening and satifactory at the same time. thanks for sharing.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
reply to post by Annee

My friend always says "Act as If!"
Pretend it so until it is so.

Just like smiling when you are not in the mood actually releases endoraphines (sp).

That is a good one too.

As I believe all is energy - - thought energy creates - - every thought is an action - - it has become a way of life for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj

When I was younger I used to think there were many "awakened" people like me. All we had to do is find each other. As I get older - the fewer I think we are.

Focusing on those still in the dark - not "awakened" - does not help anyone.

There is only one way - and that is to increase positive energy. As we who are "awakened" focus - increase - connect positive energy - - it will alert those who are on the threshold of "awakening".

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I also have examples of creating the negative...many.

I have a friend who is one of the most negative people I know.
I thought I could help her.
She was healthy or so it seemed 6 months ago. Always she said, what if I get sick? Who would take care of me and my cat?
Well today she is in a convelesant home at age of 42 with MS.
Yes I think she created it. I have 2 other friend with serious diseases but because they have great attitudes they both live happy and quality lives, either could have been dead years ago. I take responsibility for all that happens in my life good and otherwise.

There is more but I will leave it at that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join