It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better to keep on the move or stay put? [End Times]

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Ok, it's the end and everything is chaos...

Is it better to keep on the move or is it better to bunker down and stay put?

I think both, but lean more towards keeping on the move myself...

For example I have my backpack already setup and ready to go if anything happens... I plan on keeping on the move until I'm sure the area(s) are calm or whatever, but always ready to move...

You can live with only a knife, but a knife with a flint would be better and then of course anything more than that bonus... I think it would be imperative to always be on the move and always be aware... You might even have to leave your pack behind depending on the circumstances, never know...

Now if you think bunkering down is your option there are some cool options... Like missile silo's... Not getting too much into that for now mainly because it's something under consideration personally...

Idea being, have a bunker, but same time be ready to roll if the heat gets too heavy and your bunker gets compromised...

What do you think, stay or go or both and why?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Honestly if where you are now is both defensible and sustainable through two winters your better off staying put...

Let me explain, in this modern world of fast food and microwave dinners people no longer know how to do for themselves. is this event took place in the summer most folks would be okay for a while... then winter hits and people start dropping like flies. only the strongest (and most brutal) survive so for a time you have roving gangs once they use up their resources they move on and fight with other roving gangs. again reducing the numbers. By the time you come out the other side of the second winter hunger sickness violence has pretty much run its course and now its safe to rethink Stay or Go...

It's foolish to give up a position you know for one you don't

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

If I didn't care so much about other people, I'd say go on the move. As for myself, I will be helping people that can't flee, wheelchair bound people, and the like.

I couldn't deal with the guilt of not helping other people that can't help themselves.

If it means running out of food for myself, to see that other people might have some, that is the boat I will be choosing to ride, float along in.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Blanca Rose]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I have a plan "A" and a plan "B". Plan "A" is to stay put and deal with things where I know people and places. If things were to a point where my staying was not an option, I have a pre-arranged meeting place discussed with all my family and friends. I have thought about it a good bit and while I seem a bit paraniod to others, I am happy with having thought of a plan. I hope I go down as that crazy guy who thinks the end is near, rather than that smart guy who had his $h!t togeather. The second choice is not a pretty option.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
hold up in your location for as long as possible..Only cut and run if its a total loss..Now on that note its best to have a cache away from your shelter so if overtaken you can still have supplies when the coast is clear,or under the cover of night..My plans are if I cut and run from my bol,then its comming down as well...Know of safe locations to run to..You need to scout while things are good to have a bail out plan..If need be,move at night and hide during the day..If it means digging a hole and covering yourself with dirt n a feild so be it..If your alone with minimal supplies and arms,you will need to evade more than be offensive..

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

If I didn't care so much about other people, I'd say go on the move. As for myself, I will be helping people that can't flee, wheelchair bound people, and the like.
[edit on 16-4-2009 by Blanca Rose]

If you're in a city and helping people like that then you won't live long.
If you're dead then you can't help anyone. Think about that. Be selective on who you help.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

It will be survival of the most flexible and adaptable. If cows can eat grass and grow healthily, man can do likewise in times of need. It takes some training and physiological reconditioning.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I have a very bright and inquisitive thirteen year old son...Yesterday he asked me if we could rent the Mad Max movie this weekend. Okay !!!
He is unsure about his survival future and wanted to see what this kind of thing was all about. Needless to say, we had a doomsday and msm discussion last eve...
I think that he feels a little better .....
We are going to watch that movie..knowing that it is just a movie.
Hmmmm....the kids are even restless.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Location, location, location. That's it in a nutshell. Sit (X) all depends on your surroundings and state of prepardness. Thank God my family is starting to come around and at least listen to what I've been preaching for the last couple of years.
My intentions are to stay put, but my location allows for this and others may not be so lucky. If all fails here, and I find that thought unfathonable excluding catastrophic geological occurance, I'm heading out to sea. I've advised my father to do the same. He's in S. Florida and I told him by no means head north. Beg, borrow, rent, buy, steal at boat and head south.

Good luck,

The Undertaker

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anuubis

If you're in a city and helping people like that then you won't live long.
If you're dead then you can't help anyone. Think about that. Be selective on who you help.

We all have to die sometime. I'd rather die knowing I made a person not capable of getting away on their own, comfortable, rather than not knowing what will happen anyway.

My end might come sooner than those that flee, but, sure now, I do know the end might come quicker!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Many is better than one. Talk with your local friends and families. Form a small community. Share in resources -- food, ammo, housing, etc. If you have a friend who can share and is defensible, then move in when SHTF.

The more the merrier, especially when it comes down to security. No single family can expect to take security shifts throughout the day. Baddies will always come when you least expect. If they know you have something valuable, they will stalk you for as long as it takes. Your patterns will eventually reveal a vulnerability.

Always have a contingency to bailout if things get too heated. If you have time, create plans A - Z.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
We all have to die sometime. I'd rather die knowing I made a person not capable of getting away on their own, comfortable, rather than not knowing what will happen anyway.

My end might come sooner than those that flee, but, sure now, I do know the end might come quicker!

Would you rather die quickly with only helping one or would you rather be able to help more escape. If you live, you can get others out of harms way. Not all of them of course, but you will be able to save some. If you die then it is guaranteed they will too.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I think Daddybare has it down.

Folks are literally going to be dropping like flies. The vast majority cannot see past the end of their block. Unprepared, both physically and mentally.

Predators will form small clusters and their survival will be enabled by those they prey on.

For a while.

Keep in mind, most folks will be prey. But they'll be dropping out of the picture rather fast.

While freedom of movement is an absolute necessity, and while an extended perimeter patrolling will help ensure security, not one size fits all, and your location, terrain, population, and traffic patterns will dictate what you must do.

But you always have a plan B. Always have scattered caches. Then if time comes to bug out, you are not out in the cold.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
In the event of total breakdown of society, many many millions would die the first year from conflict, starvation, sickness, and rival fights for food and shelter. If there are elements of the military left they will kill and take what they want. You could trust no one at any time. It will be a time of fighting for survival.

What one could do is plan for several places. This is what animals do for survival. Also have escape routes preplanned. You must not be afraid to kill animals to eat to live. Try to stay away from other humans at any cost. They will be predetors as well. A bear is dangerous but a human is more dangerous. Stay clear.

When you come across food and supply that you know you need and another is there for the taking, you need to make the decision to kill and take if you have the advantage of surprise.

After about the third year you will come across others like yourself. If you team up, a leader will emerge to follow, it may even be you. This is the natural order of life. As a team you can hunt better and support each other better. Eventually you will reform into a society and life goes on from there.

people will die because they can't make the tough decisions to survive. I would not have a problem because survival is everyone's first duty. Think about all the other stuff later.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
While I do not wish to offend, the Bible is plain on this subject. As such I will post a new thread tonight in the survival (End-Times) thread of “Take My People To the Mountains", which I hope will answer all of your questions from a Biblical perspective and wisdom. I have to sign off for now.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just as I promised, I posted a Biblical perspective to this thread. You can check out the following thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this is helpful.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Me personally will be heading off into the hills and forests with long life food and survival tools. Anyone who comes a knocking who wants my stuff will find a machete in the face. You have to be brutal to beat the others who will be brutal to you. I reckon head off at the start with a lot of stuff and find a place away from everywhere to hole up. Then keep most of your stuff and be ready to move at anytime if it becomes unsafe to be where you are. That means have a knife, some sort of lighting equipment, a snare and something dry to use as a fire starter on you at all times. That way if one of those roving gangs comes along and you aren't able to take them out then you can just get up and leg it. Then if they go away soon you can go back and hope they didn't find your stuff. If they stay around and are looking for you the you just move on again and set up somewhere else. Either that or be part of one of those roving gangs I suppose. WTSHTF I doubt that your conscience will be too high on your priority list, so I guess you could square preying on others with yourself.

-Cauch1

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I have no need to head to the hills as I already live there, in a small close knit farming community. I can't imagine much happening here that would make it less safe than any other area. so where would I go? Also my entire family lives near a large city a few hours away so staying with them is definitely out. If anything my house is their BOL.
The only exception to the above would be if something very locally specific happened, such as a forest fire, train derailment, etc.
The train track is my only real concern but at ten or so miles, is probably too far away to be much concern.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by FunSized]

[edit on 4-5-2009 by FunSized]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj

It will be survival of the most flexible and adaptable. If cows can eat grass and grow healthily, man can do likewise in times of need. It takes some training and physiological reconditioning.

Cows have six stomachs to allow them to consume and digest grass... You better stay here in the survival thread whether sit x happens or not you seem detrimental to yourself and those you care for.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

interesting thoughts... many things are going to have to be considered before a BO or even the potential BO... things like where are you going to end up at, what about supplies and about a thousand other things...

If you decide to leave or have to leave to stay safe...start looking at alternate routes of evac right now... consider that thousands of others will have the very same thoughts... and they will all have the same thoughts of hunting and fishing if they leave... game is gone real fast in any area if it is over hunted and it would be...

Consider your vehicle and whether or not it can stand some off roading, because that is something you may have to do...

There are advantages to staying at your home as well as disadvantages... advantages are that you have a good stash of water ...(water tank, toilet tank (not the bowl), water lines under the house. Might be a good idea to install a small pet cock to open the lines so as to drain water into containers... then you have your foods, and if you have a small stove it can be heated in relative safety... but make sure your neighbors do not know you are having beef stew... you might have uninvited people for guests.
Your home is defensable to a point. You have some safety and after say the first 15 or 20 days if no semblance of order has been restored... most of the bad guys have either moved on or they are dead... Also if you have to you can always (prior) find people of a like mind as you and your group and this way if you have to stay of leave there is some strength in the numbers...

Alot of everything is going to vastly depend upon what has happened in your area as well that would warrant a bug out.... in some cases there may not be much of a choice. But if you do and there are a number of you...you stand a far better chance of making it to a secure location if needed... but figure out and all agree upon that one spot....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join