It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Agenda: Nicolas Sarkozy puts Barack Obama in the doghouse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   

World Agenda: Nicolas Sarkozy puts Barack Obama in the doghouse

www.timesonline.co.uk

France has been cooing along with everyone else over the arrival of Bo Obama at the White House, but the master of America's new First Dog is no longer in good odour with President Sarkozy.

Mr Sarkozy is pouring cold water on President Obama's efforts to recast American leadership on the world stage, depicting them as unoriginal, unsubstantial and overrated. Behind leaks and briefings from the Elysée Palace lies Mr Sarkozy's irritation at the rock-star welcome that Europe gave Mr Obama...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.newsmax.com

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is kinda interesting I think. I could see it coming from a mile way though. From the two articles that I've linked to, it seems to be the case that Europeans find Obama likeable and charismatic but a good leader--not so much.

They almost seem to be irritated by Barack Obama's "rock star" status to and wish that he would get to governing and actually do something instead of just constantly campaigning--trying to sell ideas that he doesn't have yet--and making friends. The Europeans seem to be tired of the old blame George Bush line.

Maybe America didn't do the right thing by voting in the guy that the rest of the world liked.

Perhaps the Europeans, and others, could see from the beginning that he would be a weak leader--someone that they could walk over [in one of the articles, it's stated that Obama gave in to many European and Turkish demands at the G20 summit.], someone who'd care more about being buddies with others over his own countries interests, soneome who didn't know what he was going, and because of this America would go to the trashbin of history and Europe could become more powerful/that NWO could finally emerge.

I could be wrong though.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Times UK

The American President's call "to free the world of the menace of a nuclear nightmare" was hot air, Mr Sarkozy's diplomatic staff told him in a report. "It was rhetoric – not a speech on American security policy but an export model aimed at improving the image of the United States," they said. Most of Mr Obama's proposals had already been made by the Bush administration and Washington was dragging its feet on disarmament and treaties against nuclear proliferation, the leaked report said.

Oh my. Is the international honeymoon over for Obama? Or is it a case of Obama being so inexperienced that the foreign leaders can push him around? Or perhaps it's Sarkozy being absolutely correct when he says Obama is just more of the same (Bush)?

I honestly don't give a hoot what foreigners think of the USA. But it looks like our inexperienced tool of a POTUS is going to get pushed around by these guys. Not good. Not good at all.

(hey .. why is it that Sarkosy can see that Obama's an inexperienced 'more of the same' typical pollitician but so many in the USA can't. It's a mystery)

More on what Sarkozy says about Obama -

Obama not always best with his decisions - India News

Obama insubstantial

More Sarkozy quotes through the years .... so ya'll can get a flavor for this guy ...

“What is dangerous is not minarets, but basements and garages that hide clandestine places of worship. Thus we must choose between mosques, where we know that the rules of the republic are respected, and secret places where extremism has been developing for too long.”

“We no longer want an immigration that is inflicted (on us) but an immigration that is chosen, this is the founding principle of the new immigration policy I advocate.”

"I reject the kind of naive, wishful thinking that makes every delinquent a victim of society and every riot a social problem."

"If living in France bothers some people, they should feel free to leave a country they don't like."

"We have no purchasing power because we don't work enough. The French economy lacks fuel."

"Merit and labour are values that should be rewarded more and more. We must applaud and be thankful to the France that gets up early."

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Whether they hated Bush or are jealous of Obama, the result is the same,
they will oppose the President of the US just to spite him.

It's all about power.
I hope Obama never finds himself in a situation where Sarkozy will be the deciding vote.

top topics

join