It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REFRESHER on why FOX is NOT a reputable news source!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It isn't just Fox.

They are about as fair and balanced as the US invading Fiji but they aren't the only ones.

Every major US news network is in the pocket of one or more politically motivated groups.

They don't report news like the old days. They don't seek out stories they think will inform the public. They report what the agenda given to them says to.

They seek above all else to push partisan politics and make profits.

It isn't a crime to watch a news network. It is idiotic though if you believe everything they tell you.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
FOR time and memorial society divides in a similar way. My point is for those who believe there is something beyond such a reality. If you are trying to be objective
why would you receive your information from a PARTISAN CORPORATE entity that
has, in the past received its daily GAME PLAN from the WH, the very same branch FOX claims to be monitoring/reporting open? MCCLELLEN - he has a good resume mind you -

OR did the WH hire a lier? (yes per FOX - just like EVERY whistle blower who attempted to uncover WH corruption)

BTW why are you pounding me with technicalities?

Well, if you are asking why someone would take any information from a "partisan corporate entity", I would like to know why it is that you have only listed "main stream" news sources as your information sources?

Are you afraid that you might actually learn something by looking at "alternative media", or even by listing them?

If there is one thing I have learned here, it is that you have no intention of learning anything new, and are simply interested in flaming Fox News. I might not disagree with you on that point, but you should flame all news agencies, as they ALL have an agenda to some degree or other.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

FOX NEWS is FOR LIBERTY and the AMERICAN WAY!!!
NO
NOT REALLY
heres a couple reminders -

Ok, You're just another Left Wing Liberal Obama Extremist.
You would rather follow the Clinton News Network (CNN) and
the Misinformation Syndicated NObama Broadcasting Company (MSNBC),
when both give you only one side of any issue, rather than having the news being fair and balanced like FOX NEWS gives folks.

All news agencies make mistakes. That is a given. However, you are insinuating that Fox News purposely makes mistakes to mislead folks. That is an absolute LIE. They make their "corrections" unlike CNN and MSNBC.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dampnickers
reply to post by mental modulator

You say sir that the BBC is not corporately sponsored...

The BBC gets some of its funding from the European Union in EXCHANGE for broadcasting "favourable stories".

Meaning that the BBC are as bad at being "fair and balanced" as FOX.

Do some research.

OP was changed to address your concern...

IF you want to prove BBC biased ATS is a good medium to do that on, feel free.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evisscerator
[All news agencies make mistakes. That is a given. However, you are insinuating that Fox News purposely makes mistakes to mislead folks. That is an absolute LIE. They make their "corrections" unlike CNN and MSNBC.

Why are people so small minded that they cannot see the facts even when hitting them with a large metal bar?

News agencies make mistakes, that is a given. They are not however innocent of the CRIME of having an agenda.

All news agencies have an agenda, even if it is a small one. They are all out to make gains, somewhere, even if it is only viewer numbers. As such they all play the game (some more than others) of "generating" or "sensationalising" news stories.

It is plain and simple fact.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

This is a true statement:

"Some people say that anyone who disagrees with Chavez is an unpatriotic traitor".

I think you'll agree that the statement "some people say" is true for practically any statement that can be made. Leading? Maybe? True? Yes. Important? I don't think so.

It's impossible to keep all shred of human emotion out of reporting. It is the individual's responsibility to seperate the wheat from the chaff. Anyone who believes every word issued by any news organization gets exactly what they deserve.

What I see as a big problem is, the worry that 'some people' have that listeners are going to be influenced by any commentator, analyst, or reporter. People deserve what they get, if they allow themselves to be led by the nose.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

FOX NEWS is FOR LIBERTY and the AMERICAN WAY!!!
NO
NOT REALLY
heres a couple reminders -

when both give you only one side of any issue, rather than having the news being fair and balanced like FOX NEWS gives folks.

All news agencies make mistakes. That is a given. However, you are insinuating that Fox News purposely makes mistakes to mislead folks. That is an absolute LIE. They make their "corrections" unlike CNN and MSNBC.

DID you even read the OP in the entirety

Because I addressed this in the OP sir...

YES FOX lies and manipulates with purpose and premeditation. I will not speak on other MSM because this OP is about FOX. YOU made a CHOICE to join this discussion BTW.

Why don't you watch the first video and challenge your own beliefs? IF FOX is
what you currently believe then you will have an even greater faith in FOX's stature.

NOT to watch it is to keep yourself in the dark to a degree, which is your CHOICE.

Watch the video - walk your walk, come back and tell me WHY I am wrong.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Thank you for changing the OP. I'll post some links about the Beeb below. Feel free to look and be very concerned about the BBC's "impartiality":

entertainment.timesonline.co.uk...

edmi.parliament.uk...

www.ashleymote.co.uk...

eureferendum.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

[All news agencies make mistakes. That is a given. However, you are insinuating that Fox News purposely makes mistakes to mislead folks. That is an absolute LIE. They make their "corrections" unlike CNN and MSNBC.

Why are people so small minded that they cannot see the facts even when hitting them with a large metal bar?

News agencies make mistakes, that is a given. They are not however innocent of the CRIME of having an agenda.

All news agencies have an agenda, even if it is a small one. They are all out to make gains, somewhere, even if it is only viewer numbers. As such they all play the game (some more than others) of "generating" or "sensationalising" news stories.

Please provide the LAW reference that having an AGENDA is a CRIME ?

If you can't, then STHU.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Evisscerator]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
FOX RATINGS SURGE ON PROTEST COVERAGE
8-11 PM ET

FOXNEWS 3,390,000
MSNBC 1,210,000
CNN 1,070,000
CNN HEADLINE 909,000

From drudge

Edit to say, how long will it be before the rest go conservative, if it is all about ratings,

hee hee

[edit on 053030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

Ratings are NOT indicative of Truth or intelligent news absorbing decisions

Just like the most popular in high school was rarely the smartest, kindest or funniest.

IF you are content with being manipulated even after being presented with the information in the OP then that is your choice.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Please provide the LAW reference that having an AGENDA is a CRIME ?

If you can't, then STHU.

ITS not a crime -

However advertising partisan driven manipulation as Fair and Balanced NEWS is a LIE.

Straight up...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooffstarr
It isn't just Fox.

But fox is the outright worst and it doesnt excuse its blatant lies. Thats what most folks do here, the excuse it "but MSNBC is the same" and that doesnt excuse it.

They seek above all else to push partisan politics and make profits.

Id like you tell the rest of the fringers here that fact.

It isn't a crime to watch a news network.

But it should be a crime to claim they have any legitimacy is a constitutional "supposed non-partisan" protest...... unless it has everything to do with partisanship.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Ratings are NOT indicative of Truth or intelligent news absorbing decisions

Just like the most popular in high school was rarely the smartest, kindest or funniest.

IF you are content with being manipulated even after being presented with the information in the OP then that is your choice.

It has become abunantly clear to me that many tune in for a good laugh rather than taking it seriously or secondly to know what their foes are doing. The fact that there is only one mainstream shepherd for a particular wing also will inflate the numbers.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Information is power... The bearer of the light is not the light itself.

Information is power. Those who only listen to information from sources who agree with them have NO power. They are brainwashed into being Party Hacks who say what they are told to say. Don't be fooled.

Foxnews is a Conservative source. The only one on television in fact. All the others are in the DNC's hip pocket. Same thing exactly, except the DNC has control of way more stations.

In light of that fact, what do you propose; that we don't watch any news at all?

I watch them all which is clearly the wise decision. I don't limit myself to being a one party hack who runs around sounding like a Congressman spouting today's talking points straight from the Party Headquarters. I like to think I'm smarter than that.

Are you a Partisan who aligns entirely with one Party? Is this thread because you are a die hard Obama supporter who does not want the world to know what he is doing? Nothing wrong with that but you should disclose it. This is not the Daily Koss.

I do align with one ideology, not party and if you want a better idea I am ANTI GOP.

I am also PRO third PARTY!

I am suggesting you do not watch MANUFACTURED MANIPULATION,,, did you read the OP and watch the first video?

I suggest you watch the first video - IF you are so convinced that FOX is a reasonable entity then watch it, what do you have to lose.

I have received a few u2u's of folks who had "NO IDEA HOW BAD IT WAS"...

see for your self

refute exhibit A:

PS try DONATOR sponsored/public NEWS which is not beholden to corporate/party considerations.

PBS

NPR

CSPAN

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by freeport56
Funny how some of his favorite news sources are funded mainly from the government!

Newspapers cannot be trusted neither can the Main Stream Media.;

Are you really making fun of the sources I have posted?

SO you would prefer partisan Corporate media or what?

NPR

and

PBS

and they gain a majority of their funding thru public DONATION -

Can't attack the message so you attack the messenger a?

You can have your corporate fascist "news entertainment" - enjoy.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
BTW

Nobody has ATTEMPTED TO disprove anything with links or video examples proving the contrary.

The videos on the first page stand.

LESS throwing Mcclellen under the bus.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Outfoxed is damning, yes. However, who funded the documentary? Who's agenda is it based on?

Don't get me wrong, I've stated before and I'll do it again, I hate FOX. I think they are scum. But there is always someone's agenda involved, even in the making of that documentary.

But I do think that the other American media are just as bad, only working for someone else's agenda.

It has been known for years that FOX is basically the mouth of the Republican pundits. They don't even try to hide it.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Oh man - I think a vein burst in my head I laughed so hard - then I had a thought - maybe this post isn't sarcasm .. ?

Fox propaganda is just the most 'In your face" style - CNN is a more subtle form of propaganda - I don't know if Ive seen MSNBC at all (I dont live in America).

Both 'left' and 'right', democrat and republican are all the same - its just an illusion of having a choice.

No media can be trusted anymore, except for the internet, and then only so long as your going to take the time to go and find both sides by yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thank you for opening my eyes and stirring me awake. Fox news is obviously evil and I am sorry for watching Glenn Beck last week. I will now turn the channel to CNN. CNN is good.......mkay? Fox news is bad............mkay?

Republicans are evil..........mkay? Democrats are good........mkay?

Bush was bad..............mkay? Obama is good.............mkay?

Haha. Now pick some crap from CNN and MSNBC and do the same treatment............mkay? You'll find it if you want to..........mkay?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I try to watch many different sources of news, and to read from different news print sources to get a more complete slant on the news. I think Fox News shows a more complete picture of the story. The ratings seem to bear that out. I think people get tired of hearing outright propaganda thats played out on some of the networks.
I have read about many different national news stories in different papers, and then watched the story covered on tv news, and what some of the cable news stations reported was flat out wrong.
Like it or not, Fox News channel has more viewers than the other major cable channels combined, because more people think they cover the story fairer, or more accurately. All of the viewing public aren't suckered into the the Obama networks. They are probably getting tired of the one sided coverage in favor of the Obamanator. The ratings back up that fact.
It's a free choice for now, if you don't like the channel, change it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join