It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

REFRESHER on why FOX is NOT a reputable news source!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Check this out.

The GOPers - by that we mean Rep. Eric Cantor's office - are pouncing on an interview today on "Morning Joe" with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, under this subject line: "Administration Permits Only One Question, No Follow-Ups About Extremism Report."

Today the Secretary went on Morning Joe but they were only allowed to ask one question.

www.politico.com...

Then when she was on Fox, they asked her several questions about the subject, so who's fooling who?

Perhaps you are the one that has been hornswoggled, bamboozled, deceived.

Just say'in

transcript:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough: “I want to have a discussion afterwards about that interview.”

MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski: “Now, we should be clear, they only wanted one question.”

Scarborough: “Yeah. So this morning, I got a call that she [Janet Napolitano] was going to be on the show and they said we could only ask one question …”

Brzezinski: “That was the agreement.”

Scarborough: “…about this story yesterday. And I initially said, well, we're not going to do it then, because we don't allow people to tell us what they're going to talk about.”

Brzezinski: “Right.”

Scarborough: “I said, we'll ask one question, see how she responds and since this Mexico issue is so huge, we want our viewers to watch. If she was coming on to, you know, name a new post office that would have been something or a book that would have been – but I want – let's talk about that afterwards.”

Brzezinski: “Okay.”

Scarborough: “We'll ask our audience whether we should have had her on the show or not under those conditions.”

Brzezinski: “Okay, because I actually – I have so many follow-ups.”

Scarborough: “I had a lot of follow-ups.”

with video

[edit on 103030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Wow, I'm going to have to agree with you on this one, Beck!
The facts are the facts! What gets reported on? Well...
that is usually edited, biased, clipped and cut for time!
Oh and is still usually always only one side of the coin! Good point!
You only have to look at your local news to see that firsthand!
We have all seen things happen and when it gets reported on,
your LUCKY to get half the story or one so twisted it bears no
resemblence to the original happenings!

Now with the local newspapers going under, the grip tightens.....

[edit on 16-4-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
News is supposed to be devoid of any emotion, so as not to sway your own feelings on the situation. Fox "news" people always need to put their opinion into every story.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Check this out.

The GOPers - by that we mean Rep. Eric Cantor's office - are pouncing on an interview today on "Morning Joe" with Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, under this subject line: "Administration Permits Only One Question, No Follow-Ups About Extremism Report."

Today the Secretary went on Morning Joe but they were only allowed to ask one question.

www.politico.com...

Then when she was on Fox, they asked her several questions about the subject, so who's fooling who?

Perhaps you are the one that has been hornswoggled, bamboozled, deceived.

Just say'in

transcript:

MSNBC’s Joe Scarborough: “I want to have a discussion afterwards about that interview.”

MSNBC’s Mika Brzezinski: “Now, we should be clear, they only wanted one question.”

Scarborough: “Yeah. So this morning, I got a call that she [Janet Napolitano] was going to be on the show and they said we could only ask one question …”

Brzezinski: “That was the agreement.”

Scarborough: “…about this story yesterday. And I initially said, well, we're not going to do it then, because we don't allow people to tell us what they're going to talk about.”

Brzezinski: “Right.”

Scarborough: “I said, we'll ask one question, see how she responds and since this Mexico issue is so huge, we want our viewers to watch. If she was coming on to, you know, name a new post office that would have been something or a book that would have been – but I want – let's talk about that afterwards.”

Brzezinski: “Okay.”

Scarborough: “We'll ask our audience whether we should have had her on the show or not under those conditions.”

Brzezinski: “Okay, because I actually – I have so many follow-ups.”

Scarborough: “I had a lot of follow-ups.”

with video

[edit on 103030p://bThursday2009 by Stormdancer777]

YUP

Corporate sponsors

MSNBC

What did you think about the first video?

did you even watch a minute or did you just want to defend FOX???

Which is fine of corse?

sleep now, battle latter!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

It's LEADING, not LYING. They're doing their part, by making false statements (false in that the only person they asked if some people really think that was Rupert Murdoch) seem like they have backing, which they can't be sure of.

www.mixx.com...

Originally posted by jsobecky
reply to post by mental modulator

But the fact is, some people would and do call the protesters unpatriotic traitors! How is that lying?

Hugo Chavez calls his detractors 'unpatriotic traitors' in front of the cameras.

He may be lying by calling them that.

But reporting on it is not lying.

Closer to home, DHS calls many of us 'right-wing extremists'. Is that true? No. Is reporting on it lying? No.

What you're talking about is a SOURCED "some people say". If Hugo said it, that is reporting. If the news anchor was told to think that and make others think that, without asking anyone else in the public, that is leading. There ARE people who will believe and agree with anything Fox says because they think its their patriotic duty. Can you blame them, when Fox only talks about people who disagree with them as evil and unpatriotic?

[edit on 16-4-2009 by sadisticwoman]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
To be fair, I do not believe any news station on the brain-washing tube. Every outlet of information through the MSM has skeletons in their closet. You can't expect everyone to be truthful 100% of time, that's ludacris.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Its no secret Fox leans right and CNN and NBC lean left. Cnn is just as off the mark as Fox is - at the end of the day they both have audiences to pander to. FOX fans don't want to hear a left leaning story CNN fans don't want to hear a right leaning story. People on the right think CNN is a farce, people on the left think FOX is a farce.
Until people understand this, the FOX/CNN debate will never end. Two sides of the same coin with a little different flavor. NEITHER covers the truth.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I like FOX because of the female "news" readers have the big lips and short dresses. hubba hubba!!

I also like their saturday morning cartoon graphics with all the "whoosh, crash, clang and sparklies" asethetics for morons and children but I like it in a perverse sort of way.

Watching FOX for news is like going to church for a shot of tequila.

FOX is just entertainment,

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

That's totally what I said! And about the pretty people, too.
Kind of like how most female sportscasters don't know anything about sports? They're just pretty! And weatherladies.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

As for FOX .. yep, it's skewed to the right.

Didn't FOX support the bailouts? Did they not distract their viewers from being outraged over congress approving the bailouts by telling their audience they should really be concerned about employee bonuses?

A position that supports congress giving money to a corporation is extreme left. A position that condemns a corporation from using its money how it chooses is extreme left.

FOX news has consistently been on the extreme left. Bush was leftist. Obama continues down the same path as Bush. There has been no change of policy.

FOX news may be wearing Sheep clothing now. But some of us still remember what is under that facade.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Last time I checked Fox News was a business just like any other and required success to keep a float.

Fox news ratings were getting rocked hard after 06'
Source: www.broadcastingcable.com...

Glenn Beck is currently #2 in ratings I believe?
Some of you are just straight up PARANOID! Yes fox news is in general not to be trusted, and I am skeptical about Glenn just like most of his fans are, because most of his fans know how corrupt fox news is!

HOWEVER, Glenn Beck whether you trust him or not is surely one thing...consistent.

The Glenn Beck watchers are not saying they trust fox news. We are saying We like the type of news Glenn Beck talks about. Fox news is doing what all companies are doing right now. Covering there a**es and keeping as much money as they can in there pockets

News Ratings: www.tvweek.com...

Overall Ratings: www.ihatethemedia.com...

As you can see, Glenn is doing something for Fox News. He is helping make them the dominate news source, and I have a feeling if things continue his ratings will soon be #1.

Quit brainwashing yourself and LOOKING for something that is clearly and logically not there.

[X] Deep Recession
[X] Ratings = Money
[X] Glenn Beck = Ratings
[X] Media dominance
[X] Money = Good thing for a business

Your acting like everything Fox News does is to manipulate the people only makes you look closed minded.

I don't trust Fox News. I Trust Glenn Beck with a big level of skepticism.

EDIT: Sorry If I am assuming wrong that this topic is basically another Glenn Beck vs. Fox News Corruption thing. Though I'm pretty sure it is.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Ciphor]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

Almost done with the first video OUTFOXED-

I started this thread because of all the Tea thingies

So you posted this video, and commented on it in your OP and you hadn't even seen the entire thing until after the fact?

Why are you downplaying this anti-tax movement by calling the Tea Parties "Tea thingies?"

Why are you singling out Fox News among the slew of slimy corporate sponsored News Shill? You should focus your "research" on all the mainstream media in place to divide the will of the people.

Why are you promoting this left/right illusion? I find an argument for Fox vs CNN etc is just an Obama vs. Bush argument in disguise.

Don't you realize that once they have tricked you into picking a side that they have already won?

And most importantly, why do you insist on quoting someones entire post when responding?

[edit on 16-4-2009 by DrZERO]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I'm going to go way out on a limb here and presuppose that given that the internet is still a fairly new phenomenon, and that sites such as ATS are an even more recent phenomenon, that the majority of computer and internet savvy members here may be young enough to not remember what the "evening news" used to look like and represent.

I grew up in the era of Chet Huntley, David Brinkley and Walter Cronkite. The Huntley-Brinkley Report was on NBC and Cronkite on CBS. Our black and white TV only got two channels, imagine that. No talking heads or bimbos in short dresses, no "commentary or analysis". Just one half hour to give you the facts of important issues taking place in the world. The NBC and CBS news departments would break into normal broadcasts if something demanding the attention of the American people was important, such as the early space program, the assassination of President Kennedy and Martin Luther King, or the Tet Offensive in Vietnam, but it was purely and repeatedly just to deliver the facts that they were presented with.

The point I'm making here is that if you haven't watched the OP's first video, or have, please go to 5:20 and 10:55 in and listen to what that elderly gentleman has to say. That gentleman is Mr. Cronkite, often referred to as the dean of news broadcasters, and one of the most respected individuals ever to report the news, and should be heeded when he states his opinion about FOX.

I can only say that any organization that would proudly proclaim to have Coulter and Rove on their staff, may need to do a little soul searching. That and I would like to know where they all go to church so I can join in and try to figure out where they get their guidance. I certainly can't remember my reverend pointing his finger at me while cutting me off and telling me to shut up, And then turn his back to me and walk away, so I couldn't answer, continuing to call me an idiot and that I just don't understand the facts.

I was very surprised to see Cronkite in this video and was taken aback by what he said. Very unlike him to make a statement like that.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zlots331

Walter Crokite was one of the MOST LIBERAl, left leaning peeps on TV. He hated EVERYTHING that smelled of Republican or conservative and his shows reflected that. He deserves the same "respect" that bastion of equal time Helen Thomas.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

gotta agree with you on the cooper thing, he's just the other type of "tea bagger" and this thread only points out FOX as having issues of being biased, and clearly other news sources have either spun the truth or not reported crucial facts at all. I think the OP has issues with the right.....
And this is NOT fair or balanced.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't watch Fox news. Does Beck work for them.

There are just so many channels. It's easiest to get news and weather from the internet.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I've always thought the difference between fox and the other big ones was subtlety. Fox doesn't care if they get called out, it still boosts ratings because people are idiots and want entertainment/to be told what to think. With cnn et al., it's how they put on a facade of "just the facts, ma'am" then spin what they report by adding in false information that promote their agenda that you'd have to research to realize and leaving the important stuff out. Just as insidious.

They are all pro-elite, that's for sure. They won't bite the hand that feeds no matter what said hand does. So they just distract everyone with little issues for you to bicker about amongst yourselves, the plebes.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by CapsFan8]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Fox is so transparent! The main reason so many people watch them is they are so entertaining. They hold your attention for awhile then you start getting sick at your stomach and can't take anymore! Cnn is just plain boring. MSNBC, those people are nuts!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Oh, and I forgot.......all those pretty blonde women they have struttin and arguing on the set!!! My goodness it's like the Playboy mansion!

[edit on 4/16/2009 by PammyK]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just want to say all networks have acted appallingly in their coverage of the tea parties. The shameless promotion for ratings by fox was expected, but the snickering and extremely childish jokes at the exercising of people's rights was more disgusting because all those stations masquerade as being non-biased sources.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join