It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good and Evil: People or their actions?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think people are:

1) inherently good, in the sense that they seek happiness for themselves,

but also:

2) inherently corrupted, in that people are gullible and easily brainwashed, and some are not capable of love.

i don't believe any person is inherently evil. not one person on the planet.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

1) inherently good, in the sense that they seek happiness for themselves,

i question your statement with. if i feel happiness and joy from stabbing people and running away, does that make me good, since im seeking happiness for myself?

2) inherently corrupted, in that people are gullible and easily brainwashed, and some are not capable of love.

people are only gullible and easily brainwashed because they have ALLOWED themselves to be that way, and have been damn near trained to behave that way by peers, tv, school, etc.. everyone is capable love. love is another subjective thing. i can love to destroy stuff. does that make my love any less valid than someone who loves to create stuff. no it doesnt.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmy1200

i question your statement with. if i feel happiness and joy from stabbing people and running away, does that make me good, since im seeking happiness for myself?

it would mean you are mixed up.

and i think people choose based on the nature that they have.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I personally believe that there are 144 emotions that the human feels, and you exibit each one of the 144 emotions EVERY second of the day. It is very possible that Astrology/Planet Movements can pre-determine what emotion your going to have through your whole life aslong as you know the correct alignment of the planets. It's possible to pre-determine what to say if you know what emotions you're going to have. So ONcE people UNDERSTAND this they will be able to predict the future, not so much as what is going to happen but how to react to the situation at hand because you will know your future emotion that you would be feeling. GOOD
or
EVOL< is your choice of how you want to relate to society.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by JonilyNobily33D]

[edit on 17-4-2009 by JonilyNobily33D]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I personally believe that there are 144 emotions that the human feels, and you exibit each one of the 144 emotions EVERY second of the day. It is very possible that Astrology/Planet Movements can pre-determine what emotion your going to have through your whole life aslong as you know the correct alignment of the planets

i have been studying astrology lately, and im shocked by it. its so interesting. i cant believe through all my studies it took this long to spark an interest in it actually. the quote above is no lie.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by jimmy1200]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Good and Evil are only words, an invention of the human mind to define certain actions of an individual. In "reality" there is no good and evil, both are one, unified and not two different things. Of course we live in a society with certain rules, its important for the system to function, but in nature itself, there are no good/evil actions.

So at the end I don't try to be a good person, or an evil one, but I rather look at it in a unified way, trying to be as natural/neutral as possible.

posted on May, 31 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: fooffstarr
Can people be purely good or evil? Or are we simply products of our actions, our choices?

What's the difference between the two options?
What we do reflects who we are on the inside.
So we aren't a product of our actions.
The actions are a product of who we are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join