It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Americans and Canadians care about (or aboot) each other?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   
From my experience, Americans don't like how Canadians do things, and Canadians don't like how Americans do things, but both nations care about each others' people and have some admiration for each culture. After all most Canadians have American family members and many Americans, including myself, have Canadian family members.

One thing Americans do, and Canadian's don't, is believe there is no difference between the two countries' cultures.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Donnie Darko]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
From my experience, Americans don't like how Canadians do things, and Canadians don't like how Americans do things, but both nations care about each others' people and have some admiration for each culture. After all most Canadians have American family members and many Americans, including myself, have Canadian family members.

One thing Americans do, and Canadian's don't, is believe there is no difference between the two countries' cultures.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Donnie Darko]

Who gives a crap what Canadians think?

Okay, well, my Canaidan friends will enjoy my sense of humor. It's much like theirs.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I see what you did there!!!

I personally have no opinion either way on Canada. The country and is people really dont effect my life down here in Texas.

It's like the attic I have never been into?

I guess If I ever visit I will have an opinion then.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
As a Canadian, I care very much about what happens concerning the USA, since so much of our economy is derived from yours. Much of the world's peace and war has been brought about by the US. The US is the most influential country in the world these days, and it would be foolish not to care about them.

On a more personal note, I have some relatives who are Americans, and I've met many others, both in real life and online, and I have absolutely nothing against the average American, but most of your politicians need to be kicked out of office. Canada is probably better than most countries when it comes to our politicians, but we still have a lot of bad ones, and we don't make the same international impact that the US does.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
As a country I really couldn't answer the question one way or the other, but as an American citizen, I can personally say that I have no issues with Canadians, and treat them no different than I would treat any other American.

I'm about an hour or so from the Saskatchewan/Manitoba borders, and end up interacting with our neighbors to the north on a near-daily basis, and if it weren't for the accents and patterns of speech, (aboot, warsh, eh?), you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from anyone else here.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by seadragoniii
As a country I really couldn't answer the question one way or the other, but as an American citizen, I can personally say that I have no issues with Canadians, and treat them no different than I would treat any other American.

I'm about an hour or so from the Saskatchewan/Manitoba borders, and end up interacting with our neighbors to the north on a near-daily basis, and if it weren't for the accents and patterns of speech, (aboot, warsh, eh?), you wouldn't be able to tell them apart from anyone else here.

you live in minot north dakota? lol

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I care about humanity, not just Canada or the US, it matters to me what happens to the world as a whole, and all who inhabit it.

What I don't care for is corrupt governments, tyranny, abuse, mass murder through false wars. And being manipulated, socially engineered, brainwashed, over-taxed and under payed.

I see corruption at all levels of all governments, and the promises of a new world order, is really a promise of tyranny and oppression.

I live in Canada, but my loyalty is to the entire world, not just one country. Not that I don't love my country or care about it, I just see far beyond borders, cultures and beliefs. We are one. We should care for each other as we are all united, connected and intertwined in all things.

All in the same boat called Earth.

My ideal New World Order, would be a world with no government, no corruption and humanity working together to heal the planet and explore and colonize space.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
I care about humanity, not just Canada or the US, it matters to me what happens to the world as a whole, and all who inhabit it.

What I don't care for is corrupt governments, tyranny, abuse, mass murder through false wars. And being manipulated, socially engineered, brainwashed, over-taxed and under payed.

I see corruption at all levels of all governments, and the promises of a new world order, is really a promise of tyranny and oppression.

I live in Canada, but my loyalty is to the entire world, not just one country. Not that I don't love my country or care about it, I just see far beyond borders, cultures and beliefs. We are one. We should care for each other as we are all united, connected and intertwined in all things.

All in the same boat called Earth.

My ideal New World Order, would be a world with no government, no corruption and humanity working together to heal the planet and explore and colonize space.

Ya!

One of the great challenges is to love humanity, when we are as a whole so unlovable.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Did you really have to put “aboot” in there? Anyway, I like Canada, I love my Canadian friends too, but I think a lot of people from the US have a false perception of Canada. Like I have a lot of gay friends who think Canada is the most tolerant place in the world, but just because gay marriage is legal there doesn’t mean the country doesn’t struggle with homophobia, racism, or prejudice of any kind. All countries have their issues, the important thing is to not become a nationalist robot and to question and criticize your country when necessary, but never give up on it and go where the grass is greener. Stay and fight to make it a better place so you aren’t looking over at your neighbor with envy.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Well I have many Canadian friends and I'll be having Canadian family members soon

My Fiance is Canadian

I've never had nor seen any issues.

WHY ARE THEY GOING TO INVADE US?

If they are tell em to bring some of that good Canadian beer AYE

[edit on 16-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Of course Americans and Canadians care about each other. We understand We Are All But One. Ironically, both our governments don't.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I am a dual American/Canadian. I have citizenship in both countries, and family in both countries. We're connected in so many ways that I think it is impossible to ignore each other in any sense. I live right on the border so I'm in either Washington or BC on a fairly regular basis and besides going through customs, it feels the same on each side. Anti-Canadianism in the US (think Southpark Movie) and Anti-Americanism in Canada do exist, but Canadians hate their own government sometimes just as much as Americans don't agree with theirs. If the border dissapeared tommorow and it was all one big country, i honestly don't think that it would make much difference. Believe it or not Canadians can own guns, and Americans can go to the doctor. All these stereotypes and rumours about what life is like on the other side is mostly garbage. So, yes, I care what happens, no matter which of my countries it happens in.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
aboot?

I say abowt.

This is not the first time I have read this. If you have heard it personally, which part of canada did this person come from?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jickler

My fiances mom says that all the time. I joke with her and ask her to tell me all aboot the time the cat got stuck on the ruf.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have never had a problem with Canada or canadians, they are kinda like our quiet cousins to the north.

A little too quiet sometimes.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
I am a dual American/Canadian. I have citizenship in both countries, and family in both countries. We're connected in so many ways that I think it is impossible to ignore each other in any sense. I live right on the border so I'm in either Washington or BC on a fairly regular basis and besides going through customs, it feels the same on each side. Anti-Canadianism in the US (think Southpark Movie) and Anti-Americanism in Canada do exist, but Canadians hate their own government sometimes just as much as Americans don't agree with theirs. If the border dissapeared tommorow and it was all one big country, i honestly don't think that it would make much difference. Believe it or not Canadians can own guns, and Americans can go to the doctor. All these stereotypes and rumours about what life is like on the other side is mostly garbage. So, yes, I care what happens, no matter which of my countries it happens in.

That's a cool area - so you live in Blaine?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jickler
aboot?

I say abowt.

This is not the first time I have read this. If you have heard it personally, which part of canada did this person come from?

I was just being a smartass, lol.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ctjctjctj
reply to post by Donnie Darko

Of course Americans and Canadians care about each other. We understand We Are All But One. Ironically, both our governments don't.

Yes.

I think there is a greater North American culture with three major subdivisions - Canuck, Yank, and Rebel.

But the border is essentially artificial. The only difference is I think our neighbors to the North are less enslaved because they are not held under the Pledge.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I went to Canada to watch a play once, and afterwards I went to a restaurant for a burger and beer. Paid $5 for the beer and they brought me a half gallon glass, filled to the top.

Ever since that day, I've had a deep love for Canada. I'd consider moving there, but Michigan is already too cold for my liking.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by theWCH]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Canada is ranked number 1 country to live in

The US is number 41

As a Canadian, I have no problem with that

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Seany]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join