It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Words Can Kill: 'That's So Gay'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I witnessed a lot of bullying growing up, heck I was at receiving end of it as well. But what I'm concerned with is that there is minimal supervision and discipline in many public schools and a lot of it has to to with the fact that parents don't want their kids disciplined outside their homes. So...these incidents will only grow...and I think if you really want to protect your child from such things, then send them to a private school or just home school them.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Private schools still have bullies and home schooling is a stupid idea. Kids need to develop social skills and school helps them with that. Plus, not all families have the traditional stay at home mom, so you're saying that one parent needs to give up their career to home school? Yeah right. Kids need to hear other perspectives than their parents, so home schooling is outdated. Parents cannot always protect their kids from the evils of the world, eventually they have to face it for themselves. Raising kids in a bubble only increases their chance of getting hurt. Plus schools cannot monitor everything, especially when it leaves school grounds, then it's out of their hands. But schools do the best they can, but no matter what punishments they do, or no matter what kind of preventative ways they try, it doesn't always work. In my high school if a fight broke out, everyone involved got a ride to the police station, even if one was attacked and didn't fight back. This was a decade ago and I hear that this is still done, so It's not like schools are doing nothing about anything, it's just that they have limits.

new topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join