It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is a modern conception

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
At least in terms of a "doomsday." Since it "ends" on that date, we want to think that there will be something more, the pessimist in us says it's "THE END" while our optimism wants us to invent some "spiritual beginning."

The truth is that 2012 will the year before 2013 and the year that we'll have another election. Perhaps a second term for Obama or maybe stupidity will rear it's ugly head and we'll have another Republican, even as we're still cleaning up W's mess.

December 21st, 2012 will be another day. That is all. Sorry for the disappointment.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
So your predicting that nothing at all will happen on this day.

Surprised you brought politics in it, haven't seen anyone do that yet.

We won't know till the day comes, it's not all that farfetched to think something may happen on that day. Something may happen April 21 2009, it's definately a possibility it's the unknown factor.

Anything can happen at any givin time. 12-21-12 just happens to be a commonly talked about day for just a thing to happen. Noone has verified anything will happen, just like noone can verify nothing will happen.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Sorry brother but this is one flop of a post. I mean, like the guy above me said you have no way of knowing a meteor won't hit us tomorrow. You have no way of knowing there is no spiritual connection to 2012. I've never experienced an end of an age before, have you?

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Jooka24]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NoUsernameHere

Hoping you are right, seriously. On the other hand we have the society going crazy at the moment so humanly wise 2012 will be some breaking point in that respect. Cosmically speaking something is iffy so that could cause all kinds of crazy stuff.

If 2013 starts like 2009 started i would be happy to be wrong and delusional but facts point into another direction. And this is keeping the Mayan stuff out of the picture totally. Just observation and some healthy paranoia, just the right amount will enable you to look just that little bit further. To much and you will run screaming and naked through the street but OK.

top topics

join