It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gravity Wave hits Alabama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I live 2 miles from Preston Island and I live 15 miles from Langston by road way (can get there faster by water ways). The tornado you posted about on Good Friday hit at Preston Island....on this day is when we had baseball size hail bombard our house, cars and yard. I have pictures I can upload I took that day and I posted a great link somewhere in this thread that overviews all 4 days...from the hail, tornado and the gravity wave-it has pictures of all of the events.

The Gravity Wave is not claimed to be on that same day. The Gravity Wave is related to storms that took place starting about 11pm Easter Evening (April 12th) reaching my area around 1am early Monday morning. In between Friday and Mondays storms was unsettled winds that entire weekend.

There is no detection of a tornado for April 12 and 13th when the Gravity Wave supposedly came through.

Im still researching what gets said about it all and I searched for a detection for a tornado after I read a few days ago about gravity waves making them sometimes. Oddly enough, that doesnt seem to be the case here. Now when it moved through Georgia and I heard the storm even reached parts of Florida (not totally sure about that) that mabey eventually these winds/waves did produce a tornado....but the one of the 10th is not the day the wave came through.

Just to be clear..

Thanks for the additions and discussions-
LV

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I couldn't sleep that night and after hearing beating and banging going on against the side of the house I walked outside to check on the house. I cant' say that it had any affect on me physically, just mentally cause I can’t sleep when severe storms pass through. But the alleged gravity wave winds were apart from the tornadoes.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I saw a daytime aurora today around lunchtime. I looked up some info and it said "auroras appear during geomagnetic storms, that is, when Earth's magnetic field is vibrating in response to a solar wind gust." Also, some solar wind gusts are caused by explosions near sunspots and others are caused by holes in the sun's atmosphere. Just wondering if all this is related somehow. I never heard of gravity waves before and I hardly ever see an aurora in daytime- it was quite large with very bright colors.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Okay, thanks for the clarification. See, this is exactly what I really like -- ground observations by people who really OBSERVE. PERfect!

So, this was a couple days after the front that spawned the tornadoes. I'm sorry I missed that facet. I'm all the more interested.

Has anyone asked you if you observed clouds similar to the links I posted? It would have looked like perhaps no more than a half - dozen rounded clouds, forming a wavelike line. Just curious.

Time's a-changin', huh? CH-CH-CH-Changes

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Im in central Alabama and the most memorable thing was this loud roar at 10pm that shook the entire house for about 45 seconds. Other than that the straight line winds kept me up from about 2am to 3 am. Lots of people complaining about no power the next day. But thats Alabama weather for yo. One day it snows, the next its sunshine and sandals...

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The winds here in Arizona this year are nothing like they have ever been before. People are talking about it all over, even on city data.

I feel like I have been in a dust bowl the last month. My house is full of fine dirt every day and I can not keep up with it. There is something strange about these winds. I have been here since 78 and never seen anything like this here.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I personally have never seen clouds like that....but a few months back my father and brother observed clouds making wave like movements like what the Iowa video shows.

A daytime event like what we had that night would be very interesting to observe for the reason you brought up...wondering what the clouds looked like.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

As I said earlier I remeber the last time we had winds like this. If I remember correctly it started during the day. I didn't notice any clouds rolling but as it was a few years ago I may have just forgotten.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I heard they got it bad up around Huntsville again last night they aren't sure if it was tornado's or straight line winds.

Is it just me or do the bad storms keep taking the same track every time. Again last night I watched as the storm went on both sides of us to the towns close by us.

It must be something to do with the lay of the land around here that the storm seems to split right over us.

Hope all of you Alabamians made it through last night safe and sound.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by napayshni57

I have been here since birth as far back as I can remember the storms that come through just about always hit in the same places. Luckily so far it has been all around myself as well.

[edit on 20-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Luckily enough for me too....the storms seem to split right around us. Last night for example, it was all red around my area on the radar....but we had a green spot right in the middle of the red.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
and now an earthquake -
Scalar waves -

Date-Time

* Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 10:25:44 UTC
* Tuesday, April 21, 2009 at 05:25:44 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 33.011°N, 87.145°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region ALABAMA
Distances

* 7 km (4 miles) N (352°) from Centreville, AL
* 8 km (5 miles) NNE (20°) from Brent, AL
* 12 km (8 miles) S (190°) from West Blocton, AL
* 65 km (40 miles) SSW (208°) from Birmingham, AL
* 268 km (166 miles) WSW (253°) from Atlanta, GA

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 14.1 km (8.8 miles); depth fixed by location program

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Wow...thanks for that add spinkyboo! I had no clue, living far north in bama
here. An interesting note...earthquakes are not common around here.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by LeoVirgo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

For the last five to ten years it seems like we have had atleast one a year. The first time I heard about an earthquake in bama I can remember thinking WTF I was still in school then so it has been at least eight years. My question is a 3.8 large enough to feel. When I was growing up they were mining all around the area I live. I can remember the house shaking from dynomite blasts.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Are they sure these gravity waves are rare? They just said on the news that there is a gravity wave coming in after the storms right now. That it isn't as strong as the one two weeks ago but its still a gravity wave.

Just what the heck is going on here

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   

What’s coming threw now is not gravity waves. It’s just normal old straight line winds. This is normal weather for Alabama. Until it gets hot and stays hot we will have storms like this quite frequently.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ant4AU

The guy on channel 33 abc said that they were gravity waves and that you could see them on the radar. Maybe he don't know what he's talking about I don't know.

I wish it would warm up and stay warm..I like it in the 90's

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
it might be just me, but these "gravity waves" look entirely unnatural and incredibly man-made...

they're just too... unreal?

i mean, look at NASA's picture of one on wikipedia:

it looks like that "point" towards the left is causing it.......

...kinda resembles a boat skimming across the water creating waves/wakes...
www.aars-acrs.org...

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I was wathching Fox and they weren't saying anything about gravity waves. So we just had to different sources.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Great pictures.

You know what they say "he that learns to control the weather controls the world".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join