It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mother Load

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

The Mother Load

There is no link.

I just found out from my Brother-in-law, who has some vessels up off of AK. that a boat fishing herring was trapped with the mother load of herring in it's nets.

It took 14 additional vessels to rescue the haul, and came to 1000 tons or more.

The little vessel that netted the load was fortunate not to have been capsized by the fish.

I will be emailed pictures shortly and will post them when they arrive.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Being a fan of "Deadliest Catch". since relatives fish crab and other, I am always fearful of how unforgiving the seas are.

This news of the herring mother of all loads was fascinating and totally amazing as the news came to us earlier today.

I look forward to sharing pictures when I get them, and hope that anyone interested in this will give this a look-see.

Update will be later this evening.

Evidently, CNN or a dude with a tree growing in him is breaking news, but this isn't. I don't know how much more breaking it could be coming from the source right after the incident and before reports, but, what do I know.
Fragile is the earth however.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 15-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by imd12c4funn]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
here's the first picture of the motherload I was sent.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6254dd5d3f72.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Jesus Christ that's a lot of fish. For the most part that's all I have to say but with the new rules in place I can only now post this.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Wow! That's awesome. Unfortunately I don't like herring very much. Now if it had been a giant catch of whitefish, oh, l love that cheap fish! Oh, yeah. Charlies Fish House in Lexinton, Kentucky. The biggest fish sandwich in Lexington, or anywhere else I have ordered an inexpensive fish sandwich with fries. A whole wheat bun, with fish falling out all over it and a pound of fries. Yeah! 5.95! I do wish they would cook the fries a little longer, but, hey, they cook it all at once and so you take what they give you because you do want your food cooked fresh and want it all hot.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This set was made last year during the Sitka Sound Sac Roe Fishery. 1100 tons or so. The only thing that kept the fish from taking the vessel under was the fact that the boat had them pinned against the shore. If it were in deeper water I doubt they would have kept it.
BTW it took them three days to pump the herring out and it was a million dollar set. Tsitkasentinel.com... years fishery pictures below.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by The Undertaker]

new topics

top topics

join