It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride and steam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Anybody have information on how a steam room environment is impacted by fluoride in the water??

I've been using one for several years, 5 days a week and have contacted the EPA for any information on breathing fluoride once it has gone through the steam generator.

Has anybody heard anything about it??

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
From what I've read the greatest risk is from chlorine in the water, in the shower steam is created, and chlorine is absorbed in your lungs through that steam at a much higher rate than if it were just water on your skin.

The only thing I've read about flouride is that its approved in toothpaste because you don't swallow toothpaste. Not sure of the effects.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Yeah I was going to mention the Chlorine thing. That'll go into the air in a steam room and same with showers. Fluoride shouldn't from my understanding, since distillation removes fluoride. Other metals stay behind as well from distillation.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Flourine/flouride slowly calcifies your pineal gland, which is where the third eye (and '___') resides. I believe the water contains a small amount, not so sure about the changes it takes during the steam/evaporation process. And yes, it mostly is in our toothpaste, but for those of you wanted to keep your pineal gland in pristine condition, there are flouride free brands available (albeit, pretty gross).

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There does not appear to be any good source of information on this.
Today, commercial steam generators produce steam by superheating the water over an electric coil, there is not distillation process, and I'm thinking that everything that was in the water, no becomes air borne.
So naturally, fluorine gas, or airborn fluoride particles cannot be good for one to breath?

[edit on 16-4-2009 by GriffinRD]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mels_bells

Speculation speculation as far as im aware,ive only found one mention of '___' in the pineal gland and thats still not conclusive nevermind the pineal gland being calcified.All in all you dont need to worry about fluoride in the water(it shouldn't be there) as many studies have shown it doesn't do much for dental health,but it wont harm you unless you drink gallons upon gallons within a short time frame.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GriffinRD
There does not appear to be any good source of information on this.
Today, commercial steam generators produce steam by superheating the water over an electric coil, there is not distillation process, and I'm thinking that everything that was in the water, no becomes air borne.
So naturally, fluorine gas, or airborn fluoride particles cannot be good for one to breath?

Fluoride free tooth paste is really good. I have one that is fennel flavored and it's really good. I also got cinnamon and that one for the first 2 weeks like burned my mouth, lol. But my mouth has adjusted to it lol.

I only mentioned distillation since it evaporates water, and the steam that is produced is free of fluoride and other substances so one would think it would be similar with a steam room. Someone who maintains the equipment would probably have some idea, since the leftovers from the water would collect on the equipment.

reply to post by Solomons

The problem isn't drinking fluoridated water over a couple of days, but over a lifetime. From toothpaste and water, when you're old you're going to have a lot of fluoride in you and its been shown to actually make bones more brittle. Once fluoride attaches to your bones, it doesn't leave.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't know how accurate this is - but I was told by one of the fighters of Fluoride here in Southern Ca. - that distilled water is good because fluoride does not translate into steam. So I think this would mean that is loses its destructive state once in that form.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spinkyboo
I don't know how accurate this is - but I was told by one of the fighters of Fluoride here in Southern Ca. - that distilled water is good because fluoride does not translate into steam. So I think this would mean that is loses its destructive state once in that form.

I hope that part about fluoride is removed during the distallation process. Obviously, someone has tested the water coming out the back end of that system. I'm not sure it translates over to the steam generator though.
I should ask a steam generator manufacture.
-----------
The manufacture seems to think, that the faster distillation process does leave solids behind, and one is most likely fluoride, but it is not as good as commercial distillation.

If the phase is steam, free Fl would be expected to be contained in that airborne steam. Furnaces use a water trap to condense furnace exhaust prior to releasing to atmosphere to prevent the free release of Fl. However, in the case of a stream room, the steam is not condensed before emission because it is the desired phase, so it would contain the volatized Fl ions. Probably the only things that would accumulate in the tank are salts, which would even then be spewed out once the tank reached the point of supersaturation.

new topics

top topics

join