It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just who do these people work for.... ? HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
external source: (couldnt figure it out so - link in post)

David Passwaiter posts public source
types the following about HR45 - his comments are his and his alone and I am not him....

Very important for you to be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.
We just learned yesterday about this on the Peter Boyles radio program.
Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.
To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009. You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:

...It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
.Each update - cha nge or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.

The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. In prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this..
www.opencongress.org...

It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along.
Any hunters in your family - pass this along.
Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630 a.m. In the morning.
He suggests the best way to fight this is to tell all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he suggests we all join a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting associations, gun clubs and especially the NRA..

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal I s accomplished before anyone realizes it.
(Did Obama promise transparency? It seems his motives are more and more transparent while his methods are hidden in back rooms.)

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
So the right to bear arms would be reduced to the right to store arms with trigger locks and out of access to anyone under age and with submission to invasion of privacy as well as unlawful evaluations of psyche, as well as fines and additional fees including jail or prison time if you do not comply.

This is definitely an unconstitutional attempted legislative move which should it pass, should be thrown out upon review of any court.

If this passed, I would consider whipping out the dipstick from my engine compartment and take it to Congress like a switch as on that Castrol oil commercial.

What is going on with these retards that you all voted into office?

I hope to God they get their just deserts, and sooner than later.
Thes irrational blowhards are way out of line and completely insane. Thy are the ones who should be having mental evaluations.

My guess is all of them would be diagnosed as psychopaths and more.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would tell each and every one of these sorry pieces of human excrement
to mind there own guns and stay the hell away from me and mine. They have no right to pull this # and it won't fly. They should all have their heads examined and their genitalia inspected for lack thereof.

[edit on 12-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Who was that other guy that advocated disarming the population? Oh! That's right: Adolph Hitler...

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms." -- Adolph Hitler

We all know how well that turned out...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
We already lost our right to have guns a long time ago. They started with the felons like they always do. They always go after the worst of soceity so everybody looks the other way until it's too late but they come after you too eventually.

If you have to register it or ask someone else for permission to have a gun,or to do anything for that matter, then your right is already long gone. Gun ownership has been merely a privilege in America for a long time. Everybody wants to keep believing that the gov is respecting the constitution, but they're not. America didn't fight for their rights and do you know what happens when you don't fight for your rights? They turn into you having to ask permission from someone else. That means they can say no!

Too bad we weren't having mass tea parties when they passed the patriot act. Too bad we weren't having mass tea parties when they turned the country into a police state. Too bad we weren't having mass tea parties when they took our guns, our freedom of speech, our right to privacy, and every other right we have. As soon as Obama raised those taxes and reached into America's wallets though here they come to the tea parties! As far as the eye can see! Do you whatever you want! Just don't touch my money is America's creed! I've never seen a protest in my town. EVER! In 30 YEARS! And today there they all are out there protesting about MONEY! MONEY! Screw money. What about our rights???

You know what, I'm pretty sick of just about everyone. You know what? America deserves to lose its right to gun ownership and other rights as well. It'll serve us right. All the most of us care about is our own money, me me me, and nobody else. When they started taking them away from other people and we didn't defend their rights? It was oh that was ok. They weren't me. As long as it isn't my rights it doesn't matter? They're not gonna do it to me right? Just the losers! BUT NOT ME! That's what America is being punished for right now. Not sticking up for each other. Well what goes around....

Well you know what. I fully support this bill. I do. I hope the government comes and takes every single one of our guns away and passes 18 other bills worse than this one. We all deserve it. We really do.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by tinfoilman]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
Who was that other guy that advocated disarming the population? Oh! That's right: Adolph Hitler...

I live in a country where the populace is pretty much disarmed, other than farmers, hunters and the military. We're basically doing ok. Have you ever considered that perhaps your government lets you keep small arms around so that you can bleat time, after time, after tragic time that so long as you have guns, your country will be OK?

Because your government seems to get away with so much bull#, so very often, and yet whenever anything around firearms control comes up, you chaps seem to get uppity and say "we can defend our freedoms and such, no worries". Doesn't seem to be working very well, from a foreigner's perspective, anyway.

As to this law - eh seem to be fairly valid provisions to me, can anyone tell me exactly why keeping guns out of the hands of the insane and children is wrong, or what gun-owners oughtn't to have their weapons registered and oughtn't to be fingerprinted, so that if a crime is committed with that weapon, the authorities have, at the very least, one suspect to go off?

This isn't a measure to ban weapons. It seems to just make the owning of them safer for the community at large.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms." -- Adolph Hitler

We all know how well that turned out...

Yep, Nazi Germany and Adolf Hiter were bad (although eh who calls him Adolph?). Gun ownership went up in the 'Aryan' population, and fell sharply in the Jewish, Romany etc. populations. That's targetted gun control. If this had provisions such as "if you are single" or "if you are of Hispanic origin", this would be an infringement of one group's rights above and beyond the others, which would be pretty troubling. That's not what this is, though.

Yet to have a brutal, racist dictatorship in gun-free Britain. Not feeling particularly terrified of one coming around the corner, either.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by jBrereton]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jBrereton

Have you ever considered that perhaps your government lets you keep small arms around so that you can bleat time, after time, after tragic time that so long as you have guns, your country will be OK?

Bottom line: I have a Constitutionally granted right to bear arms. I don't need the government to "let me keep" my small arms, I have a God given right to have them.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Even if it is passed, the courts will toss it out as it violates the interpretation of the second amendment. Washington DC tried a similar law with gun locks and the supreme court ruled against them. Numerous lawsuits now going through the court system will take time, but our basic freedom will be upheld. Licensing is one thing, storage is totally different.

Supreme court info here.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Upon reading into the bill it is worse than that.
The license would be for five years, so every five years you would have to reapply.
It would require both drivers license and social security #.
Fingerprinting.
Mental health records (ever see a psycologist to get som prosac?)

The list goes on but,

We should be safe from this one.

Bobby Rush A democrat from Illinois hasn't accomplished much. This is just too big a bite for our current congress, who has openly declared they (democrats included) will not support new gun control legislation.

Still, I'm glad you pointed it out.

For anyone still worried take some heart in this

OpenCongress Summary:
The Blair Holt's Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act would establish a nationwide system for prohibiting unlicensed gun-ownership. If approved, the law would require gun owners to apply for five-year licenses to own firearms, and would give the U.S. Attorney General broad authority over the program. There are no co-sponsors to the bill, and there is very little chance it will be adopted.

From the H.R. 45 page of OpenCongress.org

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Hinky and AlienChaser, i hope (and think) you're both right. If this passes, about 3/4 of the country would instantly become criminals. I really don't see how they could enforce all of those asinine regulations.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The simple mention of this bill and its consideration by the Commitee has swelled the rolls of membership in all the Firearms groups. NRA now has over 4 million members and more joining every day. They gained 540,000 since Nov. 4th 2007. Its the back door restrictions and taxesof our right that mustbe fought. This is a back door to outlawing our right. The other problem is the ammo issues being floated by our resident criminals in DC! Maintain vigilance because they aren't through yet, no matter what they say in front of cameras!
Zindo

[edit on 4/16/2009 by ZindoDoone]

top topics

join