It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else actually go to a tea party? (Pictures From Mine Inside)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If you did it would be nice if we could get a glimpse of what yours looked like/what was going on ... i went to one ... i'm not able to post the pictures just yet hopefully soon though ....

Post Pictures

Post Videos

Post Experiences

Post Anything else (If You Have Anything) ....

I went to one just to see what it would be about and what the people were like who were there ... i was surprised at how many people actually turned out considering it was rainy and cold today ... i'd say about 600 strong were there ... there were people from all walks of life there ... rich/poor, young/old ... which i was kind of surprised about ... i also was approached by an older man and as i'm a teen i didn't think it was going to be a good conversation as they usually never are... but it was ... he started off asking my friends and i our thoughts on obama ... we all agreed that we we always would respect the office, but just didn't really like the guy ... he agreed ... he then went on telling us how he was in vietnam, how he thought that the u.s. will be the next place for a war to break out, and that he truly feared for our generations sake ... all in all it was a good experience and the cops only intervened once because an anti-tea-party protester broke through the crowd and interrupted everything ... other then that it was pretty smooth and plenty of people were honking, waving, and giving a thumbs up to the people at the 'tea-party' ... i don't think my part really had any effect, but i can at least say i was there ... there were many interesting signs there as well .. i will post my pics as soon as possible, they were all on my cell phone, but really good quality just need to upload them...

anyone else have any interesting experiences? take any pictures?

here are links to some pictures ... all worth looking at ...

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

Picture 6

Picture 7

Picture 8 (one of my favorites) don't know why though ...

Picture 9 (pretty good as well)

Edit to Add: they were also giving out flier's for Ron Paul's HR 1207! Anyone else's tea party do this?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hey there friend! I just got back from the Houston Tea Party and wrote a thread about it. Feel free to give it a look. I was also surprised by the wide variety of people there!

Houston Tea Party

I put up like 70 pictures too in my Media Profile. There is a link in the above thread.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I went to the mone in my town, which is rather small. We had probably 100 in attendence. One of our former state representatives gave a short speach, and then we exchanged ideas on what needed to be done and how we could go about acheiving some goals. We are having a meeting next week.
So don't think this movement is going to die.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
There was a "tea party" protest in lower Manhattan. It was utterly pathetic. There were about three dozen people present. For context, when the hospital workers came to protest cuts in the state budget, well over a 100,000 people showed up.

The problem is that we are not organized, and most people are sheep.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Chovy

this wasn't your typical tea party .. it wasn't an actual tea party ... haven't you heard anything of these anywhere?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

Well there were so many tea parties too though...supposedly (although I didn't see it personally)....the town i live in had 2o or so people protesting in front of the little city hall. This is not a large town by any means...so i was quite surprised to hear this.

I'm not sure how many actually showed up for the Grand Rapids one...it didn't seem to get much circulation that it was happening.

Some had few...some had thousands and were quite large.

If this had been a day were anyone could have had off work..or if people weren't hurrying to get their taxes filed...there very well may have been many more people out there.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   

that's crazy! only a few dozen?! yeah i agree organization goes a long way ... my friend's dad was one of the planners for the events and they had been planning it for a few weeks now, getting speakers and everything ...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Sorry to hear that, At least some people showed up right, that's a good sign.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Oh...and I forgot to add.

Anyone that posts a thread with their pictures and video of the tea party they attended will get an easy star and flag from me. I wish I could have been out there.

Good job Baseball101.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

i agree ... in some cities the weather wasn't exactly the greatest (like my town) which i'm pretty sure was a factor ... surprisingly though a few hundred showed up ...

and thanks i'm glad i was a part of it!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kettlebellysmith

Oh it'll go on. If the Houston TPS plans another one I am going! It is great to see that people dont like this just like I do. Even if the news networks like MSM, CNN and Fox are biased there are many sites like ours with members posting about their experiences, it's not hard to find these sites and people will see what the popular media is doing by being biased and go looking for other places to get their news.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
So I went to the Tea Party

I was actually shocked at how many people showed up. I actually knew quite a few people that showed up including some business owners and politicians.

I'm down here in Las Cruces NM, we had a march that ran the length of the "downtown mall" which is where the court house and city hall are located. We then had a rally at the park next to the library. Several people spoke about various topics. A giant tea bag was hung from a tree in the park.

I'd say that somewhere between 800-1100 people attended.

I volunteered to do security. There were 8 of us. We had one incident where a guy brought a katana sword. We just asked him to leave it in his car and he did.

Acorn did not show up.

Not a single cop showed up.

Not a single person was hurt, arrested, injured or otherwise.

It was a pretty good event really, I had a good time and met a lot of people that were pissed at the gov't. I was expecting to see mostly old people. but I must say the average age of the people there was about 25. There were a ton of teenagers, kids, and 25-30 year olds.

Do I think it will change anything? Not immediately, I don't think they will throw away the tax code. What might happen is, that the idea spreads, and more and more people realize how bad they are getting screwed.

So there is my Tea Party report.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I attended the Tea Party in my village as a reporter/cameraman for our local cable access channel 15&21 and in our villiage of pop. around 10,000
about 12 people showed up, drank some coffee and went home after about 30min. Grassroots movement?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
There was a "tea party" protest in lower Manhattan. It was utterly pathetic. There were about three dozen people present. For context, when the hospital workers came to protest cuts in the state budget, well over a 100,000 people showed up.

The problem is that we are not organized, and most people are sheep.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by finemanm]

the problem is new york i used to live there believe me lol.

newt gingrich was somewhere in new york and thousands were with him

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

I don't know. My office is three blocks north of City Hall. There are always protests here because of all the government buildings. Two years ago there was an immigration rally in front of Federal Plaza and it looked like the Yankees won the World Series. There were hundreds of thousands of people.

All day today, the NYPD was setting up barricades and many cops were on each corner for several blocks. The protest started at 7pm, so it was after people got off of work, and the weather was fine.

I walked to the Subway at about 7:30 and there were a few dozen people with American Flags, one or two guys with a megaphone, and that’s it. In a city of over eight million, there weren't enough people there to cause a dangerous condition in a McDonalds.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
However small some Tea Party gatherings were, numerous of them were very large. The point being is that they were not organized by ACORN or MOVE ON or any other political action group. This movement is from and by the people, a true grass roots effort that can only grow.

I do not believe that most Americans are sheep, they are just asleep; lulled to sleep by the ‘new speak’ of the political party representatives they have in the past trusted. That, however, is quickly changing. Fly over country Americans are awakening form their slumber and Washington is fiddling while their indignation burns.

[edit on 4/16/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas

That, however, is quickly changing. Fly over country Americans are awakening form their slumber and Washington is fiddling while their indignation burns.

So what are the "fly over" Americans going to do when their indignation turns to rage. Armed revolution? Political activism?

If this "tea bag" response is any indication....

The "fly over" Americans will do exactly what the rest of Americans will do and that is open another can of Bud, turn on the TV, and fall asleep watching some banal, childish game, reality show, stupid cop show or movie. Americans "awake" don't make me laugh.

Oh, there may be some survivalist or Patriot movement types that will garner some media attention but the elite has infiltrated these type of movements so heavily that they will be co opted and suffer the same fate as Koresh, the Weathermen or the KKK eventually.

If you think the Corporate Oligarchy is going to let anything or anyone upset their grand design; you are hopelessly naive. The game plan has nothing to do with politics, patriotism or nationalism, economics. It's about POWER that the plebiscite can't even conceive of.

It's a brave new world, welcome to the monkey house.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
S&F!

I drove past city hall in my town and there were several hundred people gathered. Some very witty signs too! I wish I could have attended but we have two small children and it was cold and rainy. I was very impressed with the turnout. Grassroots movement is exactly what this country needs!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i agree ... it was nice knowing that no political parties organized our tea party ... it was just a bunch of citizens who care about where their money goes ... it was refreshing being with people united for a single cause, it didn't matter what age, sex, or color you were we were united for a single cause ...

i was kind of upset though when i found out that some tea parties were organized by some republican's ... i was hoping that it would be a nationwide political party free protest ...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by baseball101]

new topics

top topics

join