It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in the Milky Way Galaxy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schaden
I don't know if there is any proof to know most visitors come from nearby stars, but the numbers don't hurt that assertion.

There are 2,000 stars within 50 ly of Earth.
There are 16,000 within 100 ly.
There are 128,000 within 200 ly.
They're all not catalogued, but likely tens of millions of stars within 1,000 ly.

Zeta 1 and 2 Reticula are frequent suspects. Only 40 light years away.

How fast are their ships ? 1 month trip ? 1 day ? 1 minute ?

Well using Drakes equation and giving some flexability to the numbers you get 10,000 races approx but it may be way less than that. In a 100,000 lyr across x 1000 lyr deep galaxy even 10,000 are going to be well spaced out. So having many very close would be a VERY long shot.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by InfaRedMan

ooh MY E HERO!!!!!!!!
*bats eyelashes*

seriously they make valid points and it is not because they are anti- ET it is because they are anti-BS.

LOL Nephra!

What you say is true. Some people may be surprised to know that I have witnessed a multiple UFO event. I'm far from being a disbeliever in the phenomena. Personally, I wouldn't have the faintest idea where they come from.

Anyway... I must go.. I can hear an E-Damsel in distress!

IRM

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Probably not the same exact life. There is no way to know how life evolved in another world, what kind of volcanic activity it has, what the atmosphere consists of etc.

Nothing special about earth? Have you seen our planet? Its gorgeous!! From the savannas of Africa, to Yellowstone, to the rain forests of South America and countless others. Whether this kind of planet is common enough I can guarantee due to evolutionary differences that our planet is both unique and special.

Mostly harmless.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by InfaRedMan

ooh MY E HERO!!!!!!!!
*bats eyelashes*

seriously they make valid points and it is not because they are anti- ET it is because they are anti-BS.

LOL Nephra!

Hahaha Sorry people. I was in a weird negative mood , my apologies. I was just trying to get people to take it more serious , even tho it is another thread by Darko
(no offense darko hehe)

You are my E-Hero just so you know that *Blush*
Oh i just threw up a little in my mouth

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
... In a 100,000 lyr across x 1000 lyr deep galaxy even 10,000 are going to be well spaced out. So having many very close would be a VERY long shot.

~100 KLY across by 1 KLY deep, spanning through all 3n+ dimensional Euclidian spaces!

'They' may be distributed over a larger area/volume than we think, yet just right around the corner... Or there may be far more life than we can conceive/perceive of in our little neck of the woods.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

ha ha ha... i am still laughing at your rabbit picture.

ive got some photos of a moose being amorous to a statue of a cow which are pretty funny. (the caption says, 'is this statutory rape?')

i think this is an off topic post. sorry bad taste joke.

but it was from far north queensland.

um, to say something relevant to the topic: maybe their just our galactic neighbours, or maybe they're all 'colonizing' us or something.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigpoppa
mapping makes sense.

we would do the same thing except conquer the inferior species and utilize their raw materials and them as slaves or something.

i support galactic conquest to claim more of this galaxy for the human race and the american way.
If you were being serious you disgust me you worthless sack of...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Whatever the case with these space-faring ETs, they need to make themselves known better.

I like to meet my new neighbors at least once, not have them sneak up and peer through a window of my house like in some reported cases.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Maybe the aliens from other galaxies are too busy happily abducting and probing beings in their own galaxy to care about traveling here to Earth?

I doubt that! If I were an alien from another galaxy, I'd have headed by the shortest worm hole straight to Earth as it has the prettiest and the sexiest women in the universe that I could abduct! How do I know that? We have all the Miss Universes here, don't we?

Cheers!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mikesingh]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I'd have headed by the shortest worm hole straight to Earth as it has the prettiest and the sexiest women in the universe that I could abduct!

On THIS planet?! Surely you jest.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
does that mean there wont be a pole shift in 2009?

(i just like to get my facts straight)

btw, i am not having a go at you, i wouldnt be that surprised, i spose, given what they did to the mexicans...
... if they did... but i presume they did... i suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by Da mod

I don't know about that. From what I have read so far our planet is considered a renegade planet which is considered an outcaste by the rest of galactic community because of its low development. Interestingly our position in the galaxy at some 30+,000 light years away from the centre of the galaxy puts us pretty much on the fringe. I would guess most of the ET life is teeming around the centre and are at constant intercourse with each other. While we are the loners of the galaxy.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

The center of the galaxy (and many light years towards the outside) are too dense and are too radioactive to support life. We are sort of in a galactic Goldilocks zone as it where. Basically this part of the galaxy (in a circumference around it) is the most ideal spot for life. Which says if there is other life it would be in our neck of the woods so to speak. 5 ly tho? I don't think so, but then again I don't know (sorry but i don't beleive a world billy meier says as you probably already know)

26 Closest Stars

There is a list of the closest 26 stars.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I don't think this spot is the most ideal spot to support life. How do you know that exactly? You don't you're just guessing.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

you can still go 20,000 light years towards the center and be ok. Wouldnt want to go any closer than that.

The first planets capable of supporting life would originate closer to the center of the galaxy than earth. Unfortunately for SETI thats also the noisiest direction to look. So they cant do a low sensitivity search they would only be able to detect extremely strong signals.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rapunzel222
does that mean there wont be a pole shift in 2009?

(i just like to get my facts straight)

The reversal of the magnetic poles takes, IIRC, a few hundred years. During that time it's doubtful humans will be able to tell a change is occurring without external aids, like a compass.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
... Basically this part of the galaxy (in a circumference around it) is the most ideal spot for life. Which says if there is other life it would be in our neck of the woods so to speak. 5 ly tho? I don't think so, but then again I don't know (sorry but i don't beleive a world billy meier says as you probably already know)...

Again, take into consideration the possibility of interdimensionality, which if you believe then we exist only in one small part of it, or rather we are only able to 'perceive' a very small part of it... And that is IN our neck of the woods.

So, in essence, multiply the possibility of intelligent life being close by, times 'x' number of dimensional planes, times 'n' number of dimensions. And it is quite possible we don't even have the means to immediately detect and measure those dimensions, let alone the planes, directly. (Well, at least not the general population, yet.)

Given what I've experienced in my life, as well as other's testimony in whom I trust... the subtle and distinct oddities reported/experienced, well, it fits the bill.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeti101
reply to post by Indigo_Child

you can still go 20,000 light years towards the center and be ok. Wouldnt want to go any closer than that.

The first planets capable of supporting life would originate closer to the center of the galaxy than earth. Unfortunately for SETI thats also the noisiest direction to look. So they cant do a low sensitivity search they would only be able to detect extremely strong signals.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by yeti101]

And the "habitable zone" would be a torus at least, all the way around the "rim" of the galaxy, no just in one direction from the center. So the assertion that the local area is the best area for life is missing a huge area.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
google for

Colonizers of Earth
This planet has been invaded by another civilization
Given the attractiveness of water worlds, Earth must have been susceptible to interest from technologically developed extraterrestrial races. Earth was invaded by a civilization referred to as the Pleiadeans.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

What about Andramadu you dont think any would come say hi...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
you mean Andromeda

chances are: it's a much older galaxy, it must therefore contain more ancient planets and consequent civilizations

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join