It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in the Milky Way Galaxy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The Greys are thought to be from a fairly near star system called Zeta Rectuli 2 which is only a mere 39 light years away. It's a long distance for us but for a space faring species it would be nothing. 39 light years would make them next door neighbors on a cosmic scale.

P.S. Anyone that thinks we are alone in the universe is a freaking idiot.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There's nothing really special about Earth besides the fact that intelligent beings such as ourselves reside here. Otherwise, without humans it would just be another super-Earth(Of which there are many already found, much much bigger than our planet too but still capable of hosting the same exact life)

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Deus Ex Machina 42

Probably not the same exact life. There is no way to know how life evolved in another world, what kind of volcanic activity it has, what the atmosphere consists of etc.

Nothing special about earth? Have you seen our planet? Its gorgeous!! From the savannas of Africa, to Yellowstone, to the rain forests of South America and countless others. Whether this kind of planet is common enough I can guarantee due to evolutionary differences that our planet is both unique and special.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Unique and special to us because it's our home, but to the universe and whatever else is out there? Probably just another rock to be honest, and if not well I'm sure there are planets out there much more special than mother Earth is.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Well to be honest why would some of you posters bother coming in to the Alien and UFO forum just to dismiss every claim you see. A lady leaves a comment and the next E-Hero comes along and agrees with her just about anything. S+F.

That did seem kind of obvious.

Although I must admit that there has been some great reasoning behind why they seem to only be from our galaxy. Come to think of it I cant remember any stories where people claim they are from outside out own galaxy.

hmmm...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
According to Meier's Pleaidians the closest known ET planet is only 5 light years away:

Ptaah

The next inhabited system is around five lightyears away from Earth. 998/Different worlds in that system are inhabited by human forms of life, who differ little from your races. 999/In their development they are some years in advance of that of the Earth human beings, spiritually as well as technologically. 1001/They have already achieved space-flight in primitive form, and also do visit Earth. 1002/Because their cosmic flight capabilities are very lim­ited, they depend on assistance stations. 1003/Mid-way be­tween their world and Earth, they have constructed a space station, which you can see far outside in space there... (pointing to screen). 1004/They need such stations because they are still unable to launch their ships over large dis­tances. 1005/Also, connected to their space-flight now, is severe body pain, from which they narcotise themselves for longer journeys in the cosmos. 1006/Besides the other races of these worlds, this one race comes often to Earth. 1007/This is because their homeworld, which is no greater than Earth herself, suffers from overcrowding, and needs huge quantities of food. 1008/For this reason, beings from that planet, called "Akart", come to Earth often to collect there plants, vegetables, fruits and grains, to nourish their 23 billion population. 1010/They are mostly satisfied with taking seeds of fruits, grains and vegetables, and also plant stocks, to set out on Akart to grow there. 1011/They collect more useable nourishments on other (less populated) worlds which they also visit often and periodically. 1012/In themselves, these forms are of rather peaceful character, and have had to suffer much in the last centuries. 1013/Today they live under a dictatorship, as you would call it, by which they have relatively better living conditions. 1014/Their great problem is their severe overcrowding, which they could relieve by emigration, but their technologies have not solved space transportation on sufficient scale to be of any help

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
P.S. Anyone that thinks we are alone in the universe is a freaking idiot.

Well, I don't know for sure if we're alone in the universe, and I don't think I'm a freaking idiot, but I haven't seen where anyone has found conclusive evidence of life, intelligent or not, anywhere other than Earth. I think it would be foolish to assume that there was life elsewhere, at least until we get a better understanding as to how we got here in the first place.

That being said, Earth is kind of in the boonies of the galaxy, and maybe even if aliens have figured out such a thing as FTL or wormhole travel, it's still a long way to go. Also, if you happen to think the galaxy is just crawling with intelligent spacefaring life, why would they want to travel all the way across the galaxy to find something they could get in their local neighborhood. "Hey, let's get some eggs. Should we go to the corner store, or Mongolian China for them?" Hmmm...

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Da mod

I don't know about that. From what I have read so far our planet is considered a renegade planet which is considered an outcaste by the rest of galactic community because of its low development. Interestingly our position in the galaxy at some 30+,000 light years away from the centre of the galaxy puts us pretty much on the fringe. I would guess most of the ET life is teeming around the centre and are at constant intercourse with each other. While we are the loners of the galaxy.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Most of the ET races reported are from within 1000 light years of Earth, it seems. Is this just because only beings in our proximity would take any interest in Planet Earth?

REPORTED BY WHO?

So exactly how do they know this for sure I really must know!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I don't know if there is any proof to know most visitors come from nearby stars, but the numbers don't hurt that assertion.

There are 2,000 stars within 50 ly of Earth.
There are 16,000 within 100 ly.
There are 128,000 within 200 ly.
They're all not catalogued, but likely tens of millions of stars within 1,000 ly.

Zeta 1 and 2 Reticula are frequent suspects. Only 40 light years away.

How fast are their ships ? 1 month trip ? 1 day ? 1 minute ?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Hmmm. Maybe Earth is unusually lush for being so far out?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
Unique and special to us because it's our home, but to the universe and whatever else is out there? Probably just another rock to be honest, and if not well I'm sure there are planets out there much more special than mother Earth is.

Sure there are probably planets out there with cooler stuff than us but what if you where from that planet and saw this one for the first time. How different would it be? What kind of animals do we have here that strayed from an evolutionary line that flourished on another world. Our world would have to be unique.

When I say you don't beleive there is life elsewhere (the idiot thing) I didn't mean that it generally had to be space faring. The universe is too big a place for us to be alone. If we formed life here wouldn't statistically similar (or even just suitable) conditions arise for some form of life elsewhere?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A burglar wouldn't fly half way around the world to ransack your house. It would make sense that the majority of our extraterrestrial visitors would be 'locals'. If you think about how tourism or space exploration is a relatively new activity, our natural course is to expand our activities. I am sure it would be the same for aliens.

This is just the beginning...!

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's most likely because Earth is a very rare terra forming planet that can support complex life forms of all sorts.

This place is a sort of Garden Of Eden if you will.

~Keeper

I have read in some books describing alien encounters aliens themselves commenting on how very few worlds (in our galaxy ?) are so lush with life , flora and fauna .

They must have been dismayed in the 50's and the 60 's with the amount of nuclear testing that went on back then (not out of the goodness of their alien err.. "heart" but probably because they have an eye on a radiation free earth for they hybrid project )

[edit on 16-4-2009 by ulatec]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulatec

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's most likely because Earth is a very rare terra forming planet that can support complex life forms of all sorts.

This place is a sort of Garden Of Eden if you will.

~Keeper

I have read in some books describing alien encounters aliens themselves commenting on how very few worlds (in our galaxy ?) are so lush with life , flora and fauna .

They must have been dismayed in the 50's and the 60 's with the amount of nuclear testing that went on back then (not out of the goodness of their alien err.. "heart" but probably because they have an eye on a radiation free earth for they hybrid project )

[edit on 16-4-2009 by ulatec]

Yes, I think what they love about Earth is the immense diversity of this planet.

Earth is so small (only an 8000 mile ball) but is like a universe to itself because of the endless diversity.

You could never learn everything there is to know about the Earth, by the time you did, it would have changed!

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
Inevitably, one day, the wrong group of aliens is going to stumble upon Earth on a bathroom brake or an intergalactic pitstop, and they're going to obliterate us just because it's fun target practice. We can't expect all aliens to be benevolent. And why would they? Are we? Hell no. We kill, and laugh about it. We find humor and entertainment in death.
Imagine, one day, they arrive. They start killing, first by dropping strange devices that release a gas that confuses us, makes us insane. But not all of us. Then the dropships come, and bring the ground invasion forces. Hour by hour, the human race is systematically exterminated. We ask why. Finally, their commander responds. Through a worldwide telepathic broadcast, it taunts and laughs at us, and three reckognizable words are heard and felt, "...Because...We...Can..."

Not gonna happen.

A race that isnt benevolent wouldnt risk starting a war with one or more races that are already here monitoring earth, just for the sake of quick intergalactic turkey shoot.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The nearest galaxy to our own is the Andromeda galaxy, about 2.5 million light years away. the Zeta Reticuli star system, where the Greys are allegedly from, is about 39 light years away. Even if the Greys have incredible space travel capabilitys and can travel between here and their home planet in 24 hours, it would take about 175 years to reach another Galaxy (as opposed six years to go anywhere in our own Galaxy). Obviously the speed of 39ly in 24 hours is a made up number, but I believe it demonstrates the probable constraints of space travel.

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Most of the ET races reported are from within 1000 light years of Earth, it seems. Is this just because only beings in our proximity would take any interest in Planet Earth?

I wouldn't count on those who claim they had 'an afternoon tea' with these aliens.

Yes, I think what they love about Earth is the immense diversity of this planet.

Earth is so small (only an 8000 mile ball) but is like a universe to itself because of the endless diversity.

Have you seen any other solid planets in the Universe to support your opinion how 'unique' Earth is? I don't believe for a second Earth is some sort of phenomenon and intergalactic tourists from all parts of the Universe would come to see us.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by Logoffski]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
reply to post by Da mod

I don't know about that. From what I have read so far our planet is considered a renegade planet which is considered an outcaste by the rest of galactic community because of its low development. Interestingly our position in the galaxy at some 30+,000 light years away from the centre of the galaxy puts us pretty much on the fringe. I would guess most of the ET life is teeming around the centre and are at constant intercourse with each other. While we are the loners of the galaxy.

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Indigo_Child]

ROFLMAO Come on exactly where is the evidence for this Star-Trek is not a documentary you know!
They would find it pretty hard to teem about the centre massive black hole there,this seems like a complete fantasy and just because someone claims its true on some website somewhere doesn't mean it is.

[edit on 17-4-2009 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 17 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

ooh MY E HERO!!!!!!!!
*bats eyelashes*

seriously they make valid points and it is not because they are anti- ET it is because they are anti-BS. Life is out there, of that most of us have little doubt but it is just foolish to believe every claim to come across the board.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join