It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens in the Milky Way Galaxy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Most of the ET races reported are from within 1000 light years of Earth, it seems. Is this just because only beings in our proximity would take any interest in Planet Earth?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Donnie Darko

It's most likely because Earth is a very rare terra forming planet that can support complex life forms of all sorts.

This place is a sort of Garden Of Eden if you will.

Also they would most likely be mapping out our galaxy and since we reside in the end of a tail, we would be in a vital place for galatic mapping.

Just MO.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well if there are aliens then it stands to reason that maybe this is just about as far as they can travel within a relative small amount of time. But that argument doesn't really work either.

The universe is freaking HUGE
Maybe the aliens from other galaxies are too busy happily abducting and probing beings in their own galaxy to care about traveling here to Earth?

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
Most of the ET races reported are from within 1000 light years of Earth, it seems. Is this just because only beings in our proximity would take any interest in Planet Earth?

That's a very interesting claim. How do you support it, if I may ask?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by Gawdzilla]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
^Well the Sirians, Pleiadeans, Greys, etc are all claimed to be from relatively nearby star systems.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

^Well the Sirians, Pleiadeans, Greys, etc are all claimed to be from relatively nearby star systems.

Okay, just to play along, why does a local sample indicate that the majority of alien species are in the local area? I mean, there could be an enclave in this area, hominid only.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

Okay, just to play along, why does a local sample indicate that the majority of alien species are in the local area? I mean, there could be an enclave in this area, hominid only.

I said species reported by humans.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Okay, I missed that part. My bad. But why would they be limited to 1K light years? Just wondering. I mean getting around so fast should allow them to go all over, right?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
mapping makes sense.

we would do the same thing except conquer the inferior species and utilize their raw materials and them as slaves or something.

i support galactic conquest to claim more of this galaxy for the human race and the american way.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Okay, I missed that part. My bad. But why would they be limited to 1K light years? Just wondering. I mean getting around so fast should allow them to go all over, right?

Maybe beyond that they're just too far away to care?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Inevitably, one day, the wrong group of aliens is going to stumble upon Earth on a bathroom brake or an intergalactic pitstop, and they're going to obliterate us just because it's fun target practice. We can't expect all aliens to be benevolent. And why would they? Are we? Hell no. We kill, and laugh about it. We find humor and entertainment in death.
Imagine, one day, they arrive. They start killing, first by dropping strange devices that release a gas that confuses us, makes us insane. But not all of us. Then the dropships come, and bring the ground invasion forces. Hour by hour, the human race is systematically exterminated. We ask why. Finally, their commander responds. Through a worldwide telepathic broadcast, it taunts and laughs at us, and three reckognizable words are heard and felt, "...Because...We...Can..."

All is lost, and the human race fades quietly into the night, extinct.
Meanwhile, back on the alien mothership, "Junior!! What are you doing?! OMG, what have you done!!!??", a very beligerant and visibly upset female figure exclaims in horror.
"Nothing significant, mother. Just having a little fun. They were just bugs. And besides, I told you if you didn't give me my snackpack I was going to do it. Listen to me next time. I'll be in my room playing.", her son replied.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Its hard to imagine traveling to another star system but to another GALAXY?

things would start to get strange very quickly.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Probably because people that make up stories of meeting aliens only do a quick search on star systems and find names of star systems in our own galaxy.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Thats a big star from me sensfan! I believe your bang on the money. Also many aliens tend to come from star systems who's names have a star trek feel to them. We don't get many aliens coming from G24 for instance. The same can be said for some of the alien names... eg.. his name was 'gandor'.

IRM

[edit on 16/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
^You guys haven't been contacted.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I have heard of a number of abductee accounts where the aliens claimed to be from oputside this Galaxy.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by stewartw2

I have heard of a number of abductee accounts where the aliens claimed to be from oputside this Galaxy.

tell me more.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well to be honest why would some of you posters bother coming in to the Alien and UFO forum just to dismiss every claim you see. A lady leaves a comment and the next E-Hero comes along and agrees with her just about anything. S+F.

It blows my mind why a lot of the people bother coming here NOT to discuss the possibility of ET life.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
A lady leaves a comment and the next E-Hero comes along and agrees with her just about anything. S+F.

It blows my mind why a lot of the people bother coming here NOT to discuss the possibility of ET life.

LOL @ E-Hero! I guess that must be me *flexes muscles*

That does not mean I don't believe in ET. It simply means sensfan makes a valid point about a certain percentage of said sightings to which I agree. This is an open forum where all points of view are welcome.

Chillax man and put some ointment on that sensitive part!

IRM

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Advanced aliens are believed to have been cropping the human species and waiting for 2012 to harvest us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join