It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Cracks Down on Errant Catholic Masses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Vatican II laid the way for many changes in Catholic liturgy. It modernized the Catholic religion and made it more understandable to the faithful.
Over the years, many Churches have drifted away from the intent of Vatican II. The Vatican released a 71-page report, still allowing women and girls to serve at the altar, but saying using men and boys is preferred--really.
Presidanetial candidtate Kerry also was mentioned here, as he could be refused Holy Communion for his views on abortion.

"The Vatican issued a series of rules today aimed at stopping what it called "habitual abuses" in the celebration of the Roman Catholic Mass, and the chief cleric responsible for the restrictions said a politician who supports legalized abortion must be denied Holy Communion.

Cardinal Francis Arinze would not single out U.S. Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry by name. But when asked in general terms if a priest should refuse to give communion to a Catholic politician who supported abortion rights (like Kerry), Arinze gave an emphatic yes.

The exchange came during a news conference at the Vatican called to unveil a long-awaited document commissioned by Pope John Paul II that orders a strict following of church norms for holding Mass and giving and taking communion, the central rites in Catholicism.

It also comes in response to what church conservatives see as serious abuses: the growing participation of lay people in religious ceremonies, the use of unapproved prayer texts and the introduction of non-Catholic practices in the church service."

complete story
(requires registration)

AP story

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, if you want a conspiracy connection between Kerry and the Catholic church..then here it is:

OK, so, conspiracy thinking in action here: The Catholic church wants to oust Kerry from the Church, by, at first, denying him Communion. Through this, they will oust him from their presence, because they do not want Kerry to be president in the U.S., if he beats Bush in the elections. Now, there is a branch that can happen here. It is a) The Catholic Church supports Bush because he is the anti-christ, or b) They want to get rid of Kerry because they believe he is the anti-christ...

HmMm..

-wD

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Both Bush and Kerry are too old to be the anti-christ. I heard he was born in 1966.

As far as the latest church statements, I believe the Vatican believes that Catholics who don't follow the Catholic mandates such as believing in abortion is murder, should not receive full Catholic services such as communion. I believe that statement may be due to Kerry's visibility as an abortion supporting Catholic.

Just my opinion here though.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
[quote
As far as the latest church statements, I believe the Vatican believes that Catholics who don't follow the Catholic mandates such as believing in abortion is murder, should not receive full Catholic services such as communion. I believe that statement may be due to Kerry's visibility as an abortion supporting Catholic.

I LOVE THAT DOGMA, IF YOU'RE NOT LIKE US SKREW YOU!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
Both Bush and Kerry are too old to be the anti-christ. I heard he was born in 1966.

...or she. I was born 11-11-66

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I think 66 was a good year too. I wasn't going to say it but I was born in 66 too. guess I'm getting a little off topic though except it is concerning something that I heard that the church supposedly said about 1966.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
This vatican ll church is not our true church. It is in major apostasy and is currently inhabited
by nothing but freemasons into the depths of the hierarchy.

This was predicted by Pope leo Xlll in the early 1900s, that a fas councl would arise, and creat a sick new liturgy, a new mass, and change and mderize, or liberalize the very strong and moral
teachings the church once had.

freemasons have talked about infiltrating te church to modernize it with the world. there are literal documents from a lady named Bella Dodd, a former communist, who put 3,000 men into the preisthood to infiltrate and destroy thechurch from within, and these
were her directives in the 1950s.

his council is not a true church, not catholic. The presit who rape kids are evil infiltrators who are there for one purpose only, and the reason the hierarchy does nothing about it, and lets carry recieve jesus body and blood whil supporting aborton, is because they are freemasons who inhabit the hierarchy.

I think half or more catholics themselves don't even believe in the real presence, and tis is why our ierarchy gets to commit crime after crime because nobody stands up for the faith.

Peace.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter

Guess what ? - I'm older than the Antichrist !

Vatican II was the worst thing that possibly could have happened to the Catholic church. It took away the Tridentine Mass and much of the mystery of the church.
No wonder many Catholics are apostates these days.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShirtNinja

As far as the latest church statements, I believe the Vatican believes that Catholics who don't follow the Catholic mandates such as believing in abortion is murder, should not receive full Catholic services such as communion.

I LOVE THAT DOGMA, IF YOU'RE NOT LIKE US SKREW YOU!

Well, if you belong to a group, you are supposed to follow their rules and mandates. Isn't that the whole idea of a group.

Originally posted by Pisky
Vatican II was the worst thing that possibly could have happened to the Catholic church. It took away the Tridentine Mass and much of the mystery of the church.
No wonder many Catholics are apostates these days.

Not to open a can or worms, but doesn't Mel Gibson belong to that pre-Vatican II Catholic group?
BTW, the Catholic Church has a long history of changing course in mid-stream:
Until the 1500s, women had no souls.
At the beginning of the Church, priests could marry.
The Pope was NOT always infallible in Church matters.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:57 AM
link   
IGNORE THIS POST, READ THE ONE UNDER THIS!

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by ShirtNinja]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't mean not to blindly obey a groups rules, I'm so sorry for my coment. What ever the man in the biggest hat says is an unfailabe truth. that was sarcasim.

I just think its unfair to forsake people like kerry just because he won't agree with whatever he's told.

whoa, I don't even like Kerry and I'm defendin' him, kinda'

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I don't mean not to blindly obey a groups rules, I'm so sorry for my coment. What ever the man in the biggest hat says is an unfailabe truth. that was sarcasim.

I just think its unfair to forsake kerry just because he won't agree with whatever he's told.

whoa, I don't even like Kerry and I'm defendin' him

No, I just think many do blindly follow rules, your comment was okay.
______
As far as Kerry being singled out here, I'm confused. I can't imagine that many Catholics would vote for Kerry because he is Catholic. This isn't 1960, although the 2004 JFK would like us to think that

I've heard other talk aabout Catholics being refused Communion for other infractions, but wonder how it could ever be enforced.
_______
Yeah, and the man in the biggest hat wasn't always infallible

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
John Kerry can't be the antichrist, since the antichrist needs to have a charisma level greater than that of a dead horse.

I'd put my bets on Dennis Kusinich being the AC before Kerry. hahahaha

top topics

join