It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: The Houston Tea Party. (Pictures, Podcast, and Information!) [Update: 9000+ Attended]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Good to hear your response David! Sorry to hear about your pain, feel better!
I actually got a free sign at the protest. AUDIT THE FED, it says on one side, and TEXAS STATE SOVEREIGNTY, on the other. On the walk back to my car after about 2 hours at the protests, I had at least 4 people open their car windows and compliment me on the sign. They obviously were not going to the protest, but it shows support for it even if they didnt goto the Plaza. Take that CNN!

Heh, AC360's backup anchor is getting on my nerves, "Are these protesters out of sync with the rest of America?"

NO! Shut your spleeny fen-sucked giglet.

Insult brought to you by Shakespear.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Heh, AC360's backup anchor is getting on my nerves, "Are these protesters out of sync with the rest of America?"

Has he ever asked himself if the MSM was out of touch with America?

It was great though to see all of the signs supporting HR 1207...i seen many of them today...the fact that it was getting airtime on live television was awesome.

Hopefully more people will look it up and find more information on what the federal reserve really is!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
awesome thread!
thanks for commenting on mine! i finally was able to upload pictures

here's the link ... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

Great pictures baseball1, I liked the sign that said "STOP HELPING ME"
If only the government would stop trying to help us and screwing it up along the way.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Tentickles

Awesome thread. S & F for you! I wasn't able to make it downtown, but I did get my name added to the list of supporters. I was hoping someone would have some pictures of the Houston Tea Party. Hope you don't mind, I copied them to my computer so I can send them to my daughter.

I'm really glad to see so many people showed up to stand up for what's right!

Marilyn~

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Marilyn

No problem, use the pictures as you please. Sad to hear you couldnt come. It was my first peaceful protest and the diversity was pretty awesome to see in person.
All the other protests I've been to have been 98% of one type of person and usually got interrupted by some sort of violence.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Thanks for reporting back to us!
It's really great that you went.
This is a good sign.
We have been living inside of this - "we will tell you what to do" box for so long
-that it will still take some time to break out.
Good for you for showing up. Showing up is big.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

No problem spinkyboo, it's always good to tell people what's happening around the world without some sort of weird Media bias attached to it.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Here's the clip that started the Tea Party Protests by the way! Go Rick Santelli.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by booky

Hey, just got back from the Atlanta Tea Party.

According the folks there the March on DC is planned for June 20th. They talked about a march on July 4th but Congress leaves on June 29th and does not come back until August, so the march will be in DC while Congress is still in town. That will make it much harder to ignore.

By the way the MSM and the politicians denigrate and ignore these protests at their own peril. There are a lot of people out there who are Tea'd off and they can change the channel and find the other guy's name on the ballot.

I spoke with a lot of people today and one of the common themes is "All Incumbents out in 2010".

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
How do you protest what you believe is wasteful spending by purchasing millions of tea bags?

How do you protest what your representational gov is doing by re-enacting a protest which had the sole purpose of decrying the lack of any representational gov?

Now don't get me wrong. The Republicans definitely need something to rally around. And that's fine... but for goodness sakes come up with a symbol which is a decent model!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by booky

According the folks there the March on DC is planned for June 20th. They talked about a march on July 4th but Congress leaves on June 29th and does not come back until August, so the march will be in DC while Congress is still in town. That will make it much harder to ignore.

By the way the MSM and the politicians denigrate and ignore these protests at their own peril. There are a lot of people out there who are Tea'd off and they can change the channel and find the other guy's name on the ballot.

I spoke with a lot of people today and one of the common themes is "All Incumbents out in 2010".

Oh, I will definitely keep an eye out for more information about a march on DC. I think it will be well worth going to DC for that.

And yes! Get them out! (I only wish the vote wasnt rigged.)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka
How do you protest what you believe is wasteful spending by purchasing millions of tea bags?

How do you protest what your representational gov is doing by re-enacting a protest which had the sole purpose of decrying the lack of any representational gov?

Now don't get me wrong. The Republicans definitely need something to rally around. And that's fine... but for goodness sakes come up with a symbol which is a decent model!

You could say that buying Tea Bags is stimulating the economy. I personally did not buy any, dont have the money to spend.

The government is not supporting the people. Many, many, people know this.

Currently there is no other good symbol for a decent model. Other than an armed revolt against the government, but the country as a whole is not ready for that.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I thought you said there were Black people there? In the pictures the only blacks I seen were the 2 cops on bikes. (I'm just saying) Unfortunately I wasn't able to attend the local Tea Party here I was busy doing my job to support all of the welfare abusers.

Edit: I'm sorry I seen 2 and 1 looked like she was scared to come in!

[edit on 15-4-2009 by way2slo]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
At least you were at a legit protest,Tek!
Although I do have my suspicions about a lot of the backers of these tea parties I think everyone who was there today are now being put on a "domestic terrorists" watch list so do be careful.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

If I choose to purchase tea then that is my choice. So, I fail to see what the problem is there. By the way, the tea is symbolic, most people at the Tea Parties did not actually bring tea.

I happen to think that the Tea Parties are an appropriate symbol. We do in fact have taxation without representation. Unless of course you think that our Congress represented us when they passed a spending bill without actually having read it?

In 1775 we had a Parliament in England that did not seat the delegates from the Colonies.

Today we have a Congress that votes on bill that it has not read but which spend trillions of dollars of our money.

Both are examples of taxation without representation. The first example is an example of a people who were actively being denied representation. The second is an example of a passive lack of representation.

By the way, don't worry about our representatives, they won't be there two years from now. That was the common theme that I saw at the Tea Party. The Incumbents are toast.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lunarminer
reply to post by booky

Yeah I got back from the Traffic of it myself a little while ago...

One question though... did anyone there have a reason as to why they were not protesting the massive spending and increase of gov over the last 8 years? Was it because Fox wasn't encouraging it?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

You could say that buying Tea Bags is stimulating the economy. I personally did not buy any, dont have the money to spend.

The government is not supporting the people. Many, many, people know this.

Currently there is no other good symbol for a decent model. Other than an armed revolt against the government, but the country as a whole is not ready for that.

I for one feel as if the gov is supporting the people, finally for once.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

I'm not too worried about being on a watch list. If they want to follow me around to and from school, to the store, to my friend's houses, and to an occasional Tea Party that is fine with me.

I have been on the watch lists before. No big deal for a law abiding citizen.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
My daughter and I had the opportunity to attend a tea party in Danville, KY. Danville is a small city, very small. More of a town. 25 people were expected to show up. It was cold and rainy and there were at least 200 people in attendance. It was a peaceful event. The crowd consisted of a variety of people, different social status, different income levels and different ages and races. It most certainly wasn't an anti-Obama meeting. His name wasn't even mentioned once. Political parties weren't mentioned either by any of the speakers. Just the events unfolding in our country were discussed. There was only one heckler. A lady drove by slowly yelling something about "Go, Obama!" She was obviously clueless as to what the tea party was all about. No teabags were thrown into the fountain on the courthouse lawn. A local restaurant did provide a 5 gallon container of hot tea with cups for the participants so we could warm ourselves. And as my daughter and I left the event, we noticed there was not a single piece of trash on the ground for the government to pay to have picked up and disposed of. It was great to be a part of something like this that might become a larger and more powerful movement. Fortunately for me, I was able to attend because I am retired, yet do work and I work at night when my creativity is at its best. Unfortunately for my daughter, she was able to attend because she is unemployed and her prospects are not good at this time for employment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join