It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here's to my sweet Satan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Some fun withStairway to Heaven

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
yea, i was just reading this yesterday...the song sounds kind of interesting backwards, but as to "backmasking" I really think that it is just a coincidence...obscure phrases can be found in many songs, I don't think they were intended to be there. Although, it is strange that the thing about satan is in the exact part where it talks about taking two roads...one with god, one with satan...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
freaky. abso-#ing-lutly freaky

ROBERT PLANT WAS IS ANTICHRIST!

j/k

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, like they say, 'Rock n' Roll IS the Devil's Music!' Which I must say, the Devil has got some Killer taste in music!! Say what you want, but Zepplin was a Band where every member was a Master at their Craft and together they sit amongst a select few on top of the Rock n' Roll Mountain as Kings in their own right.

The most clearly pronounced words, IMO, are the words SATAN & 666. The rest is questionable to say the least. Now, as you look over the lyrics reversed and forward, SATAN = "there's" and "Yes there" & 666 = "It's just a spring" (minus the ing in spring). Which makes their placement and/or use seem pretty normal and less intentional IMO. I wouldn't be suprised to find the use of 'there's' or 'It's just a sp...' in quite a number of songs. Just my 2 cents on the subject anyway.

This has inspired an idea though. I think I might try the same thing with other songs such as 'Christian Rock' favorites and see what can be found as well. The only problem I see happening is figuring out what is considered a favorite within Christian Rock as it's not something I listen to. Nor do I have much of a desire to either, but I guess I'll have to suffer through some of it to test my theory. Maybe I'll try some Ingleburg Humperdink or Burt Baccarrat or something as well. I have a feeling anyone with a name like Humperdink just has to hiding some real sinister evil somewhere!!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
try singing the lyrics into sound recorder then reversing...

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
try singing the lyrics into sound recorder then reversing...

If you heard me sing, you would know why I am not going to do any such thing as what you've suggested!!

However, what is the point behind what you're saying?? Have you tried it?? Can you just tell me the results instead of me having to torture myself with my singing voice??

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
If you heard me sing, you would know why I am not going to do any such thing as what you've suggested!!

However, what is the point behind what you're saying?? Have you tried it?? Can you just tell me the results instead of me having to torture myself with my singing voice??

Well, I have heard if you try hard to sing it just like robert plant does in zeppelin, then you can get basically the exact same thing...when I tried it myself...didn't really put much effort into it, but I could definetly hear the first and last "satans" and the "666" just from what I "sang".

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by mOjOm

Well, I have heard if you try hard to sing it just like robert plant does in zeppelin, then you can get basically the exact same thing...when I tried it myself...didn't really put much effort into it, but I could definetly hear the first and last "satans" and the "666" just from what I "sang".

That is exactly what my theory was leading to. Being that the Satans are coming from reversed 'there's' and the 666 is a few reversed 'S-sounds' in a row, I imagine that Satan and 666 can be found in MANY Reversed Songs, regardless of the style or group who sings them.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Are yall trying to say that the only way to get good music in the afterlife is to go to hell?

What a bitch

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'd think you'd have to be fairly crafty to plan it to sound a certain way and say a certain phrase...

doable but sounds extremely tiring.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Are yall trying to say that the only way to get good music in the afterlife is to go to hell?

What a bitch

I guess I'll be surfin that Lake of Fire, Givin' Satan a High Five as I pass em' on the shore then!

After all, Heaven without tunes, is Hell just the same!

new topics

top topics

join