It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing the Universe in "Real Time"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
While being awed by the recent "Universe is Big" thread, I was thinking.........how cool would it be if we devised a method to see the universe in "real time", exactly as it is now, without the lag of years to billions of years attained through the limits of the lights spectrums.

Imagine the discoveries, imagine seeing a COMPLETELY different universe to the visible spectrum, and then it occurred to me, maybe there is a way to do this applying the principles of quantum mechanics, the principle that everything is connected, that there is no time at that quantum level, that information can travel instantaneously, just imagine we could some how tap into those principles to somehow observe the universe in real time(that is if we haveint already in black projects and what have you).

Wow.Any thoughts or input on this, Id love to hear.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
If we could see gravity that'd be it... although science as of yet has no way of even measuring gravity (only it's effects). I think it's because they're trying to detect a wave (2D) instead of a vector (1D).

You brought up entanglement which reminded me of an idea I had. Imagine sending a photon out into space but splitting it in two as it's being sent. One photon keeps going, the other curves back to the observer. Since light experiences no time as it travels I theorized that the photon we observe may contain information relating to it's counterpart. Pretty wild eh?

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kruel
If we could see gravity that'd be it... although science as of yet has no way of even measuring gravity (only it's effects). I think it's because they're trying to detect a wave (2D) instead of a vector (1D).

You brought up entanglement which reminded me of an idea I had. Imagine sending a photon out into space but splitting it in two as it's being sent. One photon keeps going, the other curves back to the observer. Since light experiences no time as it travels I theorized that the photon we observe may contain information relating to it's counterpart. Pretty wild eh?

Wow, very wild indeed, though it makes perfect sense in a holographic universe as implied by Quantum Theory..........yeah the graviton is supposed to be attempted to be detected soon I think, with a new telescope or something.......hmmmm, what if there is not "gravity" as such, and its just an extended electo-magnetic effect

Thanks for the reply.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This image below compares the neural structure of a mouse's brain to the perceived structure of the entire universe. The similarities are astounding to say the least.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/016c28958aab.jpg[/atsimg]

Originally this appeared in the NY Times in a science article, the caption read:

One is only micrometers wide. The other is billions of light years across. One shows neurons in a mouse brain. The other is a simulated image of the universe. Together they suggest the surprisingly similar patterns found in vastly different natural phenomena.

The image was obtained from a project known as the Millenium Run, aka, The Millenium Simulation. The object of the research was to create a visual representation of the physical universe to help better understand how it has evolved over time. The simulation re-created a cube of space 2 billion light years in width. Once completed, it was fully explorable and comprised 25 terabytes of storage.

Image representing the portion of the universe mapped and explored

Below are some links to the research and related material:

*Neuron/Universe Comparison (full-res version from the NY Times)

*Millennium Simulation (the project page for the creation of the universe image above)

*Simulating the joint evolution of quasars, galaxies and their large-scale distribution (the scientific paper on the project)

*Relevant Project Media (data & subsequent media created from the research)

And here's a video I put together featuring the 3D 'Millenium Simulation' combined with a neural net 'fly-through':

Here's another video of how I imagine the universe to be. I used portions of the movies Contact and Stargate, as well as bits from a few science documentaries:

I believe it is no accident that the universe is structurally similar to a brain. It's a theme repeated at many levels of existence, from the miniscule to the colossal.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

That last video you showed was really good. The scary thing is, if the brain can conceive a reality that infinitely big, then I'm sure in the "real reality", it's even bigger.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thats some pretty amazing stuff Evasius, really makes you think, the whole universe is just a giant conciousness, a brain if you will, I mean the earth is just as alive as you or me.

top topics

join