It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide 'tea party' protests blast spending

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This is what kills me about people supporting large government.

Willing to give the executive branch all of this power....only to know that eventually a Republican will most likely have this power at some time in the future.

Is this what you want?

Do you even consider this when you rail for large government?

I don't want a larger government... But as the left does for government the right does for Private entities and capital consolidation - (per ideology)

I fear the Private entities more so and I am not sure what is going on thus far.
What I mean is I see all this running around and reaction - while the dust is barely starting to settle.

its not as simple as we are lead to believe.

Obamas has 40 months - this this will have some twists and turns you never could have imagined.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
reply to post by mental modulator

Mental?
Did you post a positive response to me and say thanks for another point on the subject, then delete that response and change it to say I am in LA La Land and that I have been cultivated by FOX?

Did you really just do that?
I hope not.
I hope I am just tripping.

NO your not tripping however it was a mistake...

I screwed up, I believe I had two windows open -

I am sorry - I intended what you first read.

MM

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   

right on.
Glad to hear that.
You are alright in my book.

Everything is all good in the hood.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Anyhow I think we both know we will never see eye to eye, you didn't even get my point, you steam rolled over the nuance I try to set forth and say the same things.

Was your point that Fox is manipulating this movement? The movement was started by regular people...yes they are reporting it...and yes Fox is misleading...but so is everyone other news channel because all of them are biased.

You rail against huge corporations yet you have the CEO of GE...who owns NBC and MSNBC..as an economic advisor in Obama's administration...who as everyone knows was the hardcore pro-Obama channel...and they have something to gain...green energies.

I know that you know about this. The government has been in cahoots with business forever..and it continues under Obama.

but I do see that this thing is being guided by FOX who is running PTB ads for christ sake.

It's been promoted and yes....they will try to put their own spin on it...just as MSNBC and CNN has done. At least they aren't demeaning these people as the others are. Lots of these people are just against spending and want to get back to fiscal responsibility..and quite a few seemed to be out their railing against the fed and got almost a full day of free advertising on it.

You can't complain about the Federal Reserve not being transparent. The people should have control over their own currency.

ITs a shell game... JUST like IRAQ - I see it but I don't know how to get thru to all of you... Maybe the goal is to incite civil war or general anarchy hell if I know, but it is not as simple as this road to slaughter that is being laid out -

I don't know who is trying to start a civil war..but it's not me. The protests today seemed quite peaceful and i've heard of no violence or arrests as of yet. I just don't want to be piss poor because of the government continuing to be irresponsible..and it's most likely too late..i just hope that it's not.

Another thing that i notice with you is that you see Fox news as the enemy...but not the other networks.

I can understand the policy with the Iraq war...in the videos i've watched they did speak for it....but MSNBC and CNN do the same for all of Obama's policies as well.

You are focused so hard on one side that you aren't leaving judgment to the other.

I've stated countless times that I was against the Iraq war and want all the troops home...enough american blood has been shed...and enough civilians have died.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
The First -

Can we be real world versions of what we preach if we cannot practice it on a conspiracy website? The enemy of liberty is that of seeking the silence of contrary
voice for the ease of expediency, opportunity and malice.

- I do have a strong POV - but remember I never once prevented ANY of you from your words, thoughts or expression. I apologize in the best
way I am capable and I forgive those who have grown tired of my racket. I hope I kept your pulse going and was only predictable in my unpredictability. I cannot change the person I am from a core sense, but all of you have taught me so much and have been the best of companions, perfect strangers who have help light my often lonely modulation thru this crazy world.

As far as the current goings on -

the common denominators are these

1.single words used as wedges intended to promote defensive sentiment and disrupt true conversation/communication.

2.devision via untested and doggedly defended IDEALS - which are rarely factual in basis

3.the source of information - learn the difference between factual accounting and rhetorical entertainment - for the entertainment is intended to keep you coming back
which funds the machine you are trying to defeat

4. PRIVATE news media - Expect that you are being guided as sure as you are breathing... This has all been a dance and your steps are the only ones which count.

5. A felonious manipulator will stay a manipulator - If any outlet has purposefully mislead you in the past, then you are in fact CHOOSING to be unenlightened, for the possessor of the light is not the light itself!

6. IDEOLOGY - this is the creation of man, it cannot be proven because it is a representation of this era,,,, HOWEVER a man generally speaking can answer a question with a yes or no - hence "two parties" is a product of human nature as simple as yes or no. Stop trying to fight this natural occurrence, rather embrace it fully.

7. Context- truth can rarely exist without context and context cannot exist without nuance.

OLE MM might be destined for the pastures -

Once again sorry for any ills or insults...

I love America and it is what it is because the two natural sides keep the balance - don't forget that two much of YOUR own ideology IS the enemy of LIBERTY as we know it. Look inward and if you are serious for a change, challenge your our own beliefs often and replace the old ideological mythology you have harbored with a smarter
one.

PEACE

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by jfj123

The only point i'm trying to make here is that some of you are stereotyping everyone at these protests...it's not right.

It was nice to turn on the news and see giant "AUDIT THE FED" signs.

This affects everyone...and there is no reason why anyone should NOT protest these.

I do think it's a great idea that people want to start holding their government accountable. My only criticism is that they didn't hold the bush administration accountable but seem to be specifically targeting the obama administration.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I went to my local TEA party BECAUSE I have been on forums like this and other sites that have opened my eyes to the truth around me. There were a lot of people that went because they just now woke up to the truth. To that I say, better late than never.
Of course, there are a lot of people that went to be seen and the reason behind the parties will be lost on them as soon as they wake up today. However, there are a lot of people who will certainly pay more attention.

The thousands of people that live here on ATS, and other sites, are the more enlightened few, and it is our responsibility as the watchmen of the PTB to spread to those around us what is going on. I never miss an opportunity to try to open someone else's eyes to the truth. It is then up to them to listen and participate.

It is a joke to think the actions of 4/15 will get any real coverage, but those that attended will know. Lets just hope they remember.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Follow the dollar. Look at where/who all these trillions are going to.

Now if you were a millionaire before this and were given an extra
three million you would be worth four million.

Introduce a new dollar or dinero...have everyone exchange old for
new at half the price....50 cents the dollar.

Ok. The four million is now just two million and you are still ahead.

Give this same amount to leaders of other countries and they all take
the plan. Who would'nt? Double your money. Keep mouth shut.

The great part is that the taxpayers foot the bill.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join