It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nationwide 'tea party' protests blast spending

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Nationwide 'tea party' protests blast spending

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- Tens of thousands of people spent part of national tax day at organized "tea party" demonstrations across the country, protesting what some view as excessive government spending and bailouts.

In Massachusetts on Wednesday, hundreds cheered as people dressed in 18th-century style wigs and clothes tossed a few crates of tea into Boston Harbor, harkening back to the pre-Revolutionary War protests in that city.

In Chicago, hundreds more gathered outside the federal building, carrying ...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
According to what I heard on CNN about a half an hour ago, there were around 500 protests in all 50 states today. Even the media admits that the news stands have been mostly ignoring and even mocking the tea parties. If the mainstream media is being forced to cover this now, it must mean that today was pretty successful (however, Susan Boyle is still the "talk of the town" regardless). How many people here on ATS participated in a tea party protest today? Unfortunately, I didn't see anybody protested near where I live, but with around 500 protests going on, somebody here must have seen something.

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
This is a pretty big deal, and it is good to see people standing up for what they believe in.

However, to have FOX and the Republican party on side isn't necessarily a good thing.

Both parties need to be removed before power can be handed back to the people. Even then the puppeteers will probably slink into the shadows and not get caught.

At least some media are treating it seriously though.

Yahoo is proclaiming "Revolution is Brewing". So it should be.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
You know what.

I'm getting alittle peeved that people seem to be stereotyping everyone at these rallies.

I've seen TONS of Audit the Fed, End the Fed, cut government spending, etc. signs at these rallies.

I've seen plenty of people blasting both parties as well.

I've seen a few getting full blown media coverage blasting the federal reserve...on live television for all to see.

THAT IS IMPORTANT!!!

What the hell is wrong with that?

Yeah there are going to be freaking idiots out there...but don't try and put that one everyone else.

Where were these people when Bush was in office?

THEY WEREN"T PAYING ATTENTION.

It took an historical election....with BANK BAILOUTS...and massive plunge in 401k's to make people take notice to our deficit and spending.

I WAS ONE OF THEM.

I see post after post of people just wanting to discredit them entirely and it's BS.

Whether people want to bitch about where these people were doesn't matter anyway...because it doesn't change the fact that THERE IS NO DAMN MONEY!!!

We have no money for war...we have no money for any more large social programs...the country is BROKE!

Tax cuts???

WHAT"s it matter when they are destroying the value of the dollar??!

There are no real tax cuts....when inflation is a tax increase FOR EVERYONE....poor, rich, and everyone in between.

I've had it with some of you.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 15-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

just curious where these patriots were when bush and cheney was dismantling the Constitution?

Seems a bit late for tea parties as the crooks have retired.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Did you read my last post?

And for those who ignored it because it was Bush...does that change the problems happening now?

Does that make the insane spending any more right with Obama?

NO>

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NATIONWIDE TEA BAGGING BOOSTS GOP!

and inadvertently shills for the GLOBAL elite - LOWER their taxes

Joke

THIS is the first time in a while the middle class have gotten an income tax cut and you people are complaining???

Thanks FOX and chicken relations

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by jfj123

And for those who ignored it because it was Bush...does that change the problems happening now?

NO>

D artificial stimulation is an attempt to quell a systemic failure...

via loose of trillions of US investor money if AIG failed = yer $$$$$$$$ would be worth
less

+

I am glad for the investment in healthcare

Even though I have posted that you never seem to respond....

???

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
$100B of tax revenue lost due to criminal Corporations being allowed due to lax oversight by the OTHER criminals, the Former Commander-in-Chief....and George W. Bush, too....Corps. allowed to squirrel profits off-shore.

'tea-bagging'.....hehehehe!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

NO>

Yes I did read your last post.

Well keep in mind that obama inherited bush's legacy.

We have 2 choices to move the economy back in the right direction.
1. Nothing which Inevitablely will lead to a depression.
2. Re-invest into the country.

I realize that there are many problems with 2 that should have and still need to be fixed but doing nothing is financially suicidal.

Does it matter where they were during the bush administration? Of course !
To me, a recession is less important then the dismantling of the Constitution, human rights violations, illegal wiretapping, torture, kidnapping, assassinations, foreign prisons, imprisonment without due process, illegal wars, murder of US soldiers and iraqi civilians, no bid contracts, etc... , etc... ,etc..., etc..., etc...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
“After listening to the palpable fear and desperation in Paul Begala’s voice as he railed against participants of the Tea Parties on the Imus show this morning on the way to a Tea Party, I realized that he understands the truth of what these parties mean; his stock put downs and insults seem to have been passed out as a sheet of canned responses from the Obama political machine (suspiciously repeated by Mr. Mental and Mr. Guardian almost word for word) in the attempt to forestall what they know is truly a populist uprising. They know that the silent American majority are beginning to awake and that is terrifying to all globalist.”

I was laughing as I heard the “YOU work for me and your ALL fired” and other more colorful variations of the old stand by, “Run the Bums Out of Town” while thinking of the founts of wisdom on ATS that try to pass this movement off some grand Fox / Republican conspiracy. People of EVERY race and past political affiliation were chanting side by side for our Constitution and Bill of Rights… AGAINST run away spending and big global government. As one new Mexican American put it, “I work hard, come here legally and start my own business and I have to pay someone else’s bills? I can’t believe I voted for that man!” A sentiment repeated many times. Its an American thing, the real deal.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

GLobal elite is going to have their money inflated just like everyone else.

A tax on everyone...that's exactly what this spending is...and you know it.

Income tax cut isn't much and what's it freaking matter when i doesn't last...and yet spending is through the roof...they won't have to hit everyone so hard with taxes...they'll just inflate it to cover the debt...in which we will all pay.

It's been happening for decades..you know that.

For some reason everyone wants to blast the protesters because they weren't when Bush was in office.

Many people weren't paying attention...the average person wasn't paying attention...I wasn't paying attention.

You had an election with a possible first Black President and a female Vice President...with bailouts and huge job losses happening at the same time.

People started to pay attention.

Trillions has been lost...what are you talking about?

Why in the hell are you promoting inflation?

Even though I have posted that you never seem to respond....

The reason I don't respond to your posts is because you are antagonistic, usually with smart ass remarks...that is why i quit responding. If you would post normally without being a jerk about things then I will reply. Most of your posts involve belittling whomever you are responding too, especially with your hick-isms.

I hope the tea parties do nothing for the GOP...they started this freaking charade.

I'm hoping for some freaking fiscal responsibility.

I'm not against health care...i think it is needed...but putting everyone in the poor house isn't the answer either.

Regardless of what you think...we still have it better than most countries. We are the top percentage in the world.

I actually spent last night in the emergency room due to abdominal pain...yes i have insurance...and it will still cost me.

Right now i'm on painkillers and antibiotics...so if i'm a bit all over in my posts...i apologize for that.

And people...i'm not sticking up for Bush...I can't stand him...when have I ever stuck up for him?

Bush was a piece of trash that got us involved in BS wars and increased our deficit..and he signed the first bailout...which many of us railed against when it was in the process of being passed.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

reply to post by mental modulator

For some reason everyone wants to blast the protesters because they weren't when Bush was in office.

Many people weren't paying attention...the average person wasn't paying attention...I wasn't paying attention.

If you've been on ATS a while you should know at least here, we've been paying CLOSE attention to all the atrocities committed by the bush administration.

You had an election with a possible first Black President and a female Vice President...with bailouts and huge job losses happening at the same time.

Who really cared that he was black or hilary was a woman? Obviously not too many people as obama was elected and hilary would have been a close second.
The huge job losses were directly related to the bush administration so everyone, at least here was paying close attention to that as well.

People started to pay attention.

Trillions has been lost...what are you talking about?

There is over a trillion missing from the bush administrations no bid contracts. Nobody knows where it went.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

I agree with you for the most part.

1. Nothing which Inevitablely will lead to a depression. 2. Re-invest into the country.

Depression is likely anyway...because all of the spending cannot be covered by taxes...our currency is going to be inflated to help stave it off.

We will all be more poor regardless...all of us.

Re-investing costs all of us..and especially our children...who have no vote.

I'm willing to take the hits..but only for the right reasons.

I don't want a gigantic government..it always ends up oppressing people...it's already been happening.

Do you want more?

Everything else you've stated though...i agree with.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTChas
“After listening to the palpable fear and desperation in Paul Begala’s voice as he railed against participants of the Tea Parties on the Imus show this morning on the way to a Tea Party, I realized that he understands the truth of what these parties mean; his stock put downs and insults seem to have been passed out as a sheet of canned responses from the Obama political machine (suspiciously repeated by Mr. Mental and Mr. Guardian almost word for word) in the attempt to forestall what they know is truly a populist uprising. They know that the silent American majority are beginning to awake and that is terrifying to all globalist.”

I was laughing as I heard the “YOU work for me and your ALL fired” and other more colorful variations of the old stand by, “Run the Bums Out of Town” while thinking of the founts of wisdom on ATS that try to pass this movement off some grand Fox / Republican conspiracy. People of EVERY race and past political affiliation were chanting side by side for our Constitution and Bill of Rights… AGAINST run away spending and big global government. As one new Mexican American put it, “I work hard, come here legally and start my own business and I have to pay someone else’s bills? I can’t believe I voted for that man!” A sentiment repeated many times. Its an American thing, the real deal.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by SGTChas]

As were our protests when we were protesting the G8 and WTO -

the proxy tax of the IRAQ war - Being CALLED

"TERRORIST LOVERS"
"UNAMERICANS"
"TRAITORS"

FOX tried to quell us and belittled us when will fought against the government and the NWO...

Now fox is for the same things they bashed us for - STINKS to HIGH HELL-

They sold you the war- criminal regulation -FISA - PA and the first round of spending -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I doubt the motivation when such a criminal private entity, who runs GLOBALIST adverts is promoting the whole thing.

You sound true in your intentions - but my skepticism was learned over 8 years
of being kicked and BASHED by the

same entity that is promoting these protests like a NYC rave PARTY...

The majority of the PARTISANS and these tea parties are the folks who berated me personally at my protests -

"UNPATRIOT" - "UNAMERICAN" - "FIND A NEW COUNTRY"

My futile attempts aimed at preventing this???

LOWER AIGS taxes so they can garner further control over our country!!!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Who really cared that he was black or hilary was a woman? Obviously not too many people as obama was elected and hilary would have been a close second.

I'm not saying that it should have mattered...i said it was historical.

If you've been on ATS a while you should know at least here, we've been paying CLOSE attention to all the atrocities committed by the bush administration.

I've been posting here..at least in the politic forums..since the presidential elections when all 4 nominees were in place. Yes I do know about the trillions missing from the Pentagon...9/11 happened the day after it was announced.

The only point i'm trying to make here is that some of you are stereotyping everyone at these protests...it's not right.

It was nice to turn on the news and see giant "AUDIT THE FED" signs.

This affects everyone...and there is no reason why anyone should NOT protest these.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I will respond in full latter

but a lot of the folks here (ATS) Protesting - Are the same folks who used the descriptive terms I keep repeating

Terrorist

Traitor

Unamerican

Terrorist Lover

I was in the bloody trenches years before this - but now ---- these people are concerned with the things I was fighting against???

I perceive it as a method of regaining GOP dominance - and I believe that will be the end result -

NOT to mention that FOX is promoting this like a 90% off shoe sale - WHY D ???

Because thats how they roll

Please listen D and respond...

FOX WAS BUSH'S MOST DOGED and FIRM SUPPORTER OF THE POLICIES THAT FIRED THIS UP IN THE FIRST PLACE - FOX PROMOTED THE VERY THINGS YOU ARE PROTESTING ------ WHY DO YOU TRUST ANYTHING THEY ARE PROMOTING ANYMORE????

WHY D?

YER a *snip* SMART GUY-

IF you guys believe in behind the scenes manipulation why WOULD you trust the prime architect who help deliver W's vile policies?

DO you get it

FOX was PARAMOUNT in creating the past public support for this catastrophe and NOW, NOW they are reformed and represent LIBERTY?

Come on D

Removed large quote and replaced it with "Reply TO"

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
no, fox is covering this stuff because none of the other liberal media want to. They try and keep saying its a conservative or republican movement, when its NOT. There are just as many Dems and libs as there are conservatives and republicans there.

Think about it man.......and i agree, you spend most of your time sniping at people and trying to be witty. Who wants to even give the time of day to someone who just comes across as a troll.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, I'm watching it - the Atlanta one. ONly black or brown face I've spotted has been a photographer.

they've made sure they've compartmentalized any protests. It's all republicans, Jo the plumber out there being a bit spokesman.

(Anyone see him in Isreal?)

I feel like puking. the whole idea of protest has turned into republican convention party time, the remix.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Just in case you missed it, today is yet another protest day. This is a protest that will, like all others, go absolutely no where. Protests in America are always a waste of time because they never carry any real meaning. They’re group grope sessions where protesters can get together and look each other in they eye and say, “yes, I’m not alone”. They’re also great ways to get your picture taken and your license plate written down. But they’re not effective in changing anything.

Rather then protest, “demanding” (you’re really not demanding anything, you’re just pretending you are) that “things change”, just do it already.

Don’t like the war? Then don’t go. Don’t spend another nickel in support on any of those companies involved either.

What do our leaders care when we publically protests with signs and placards and letter writing campaigns, but then go right back to compliance or cooperation or funding after our weekend spree of “disobedience”? If you’re going to protest, you have to commit your life to the effort, not just your mouth.

Haven’t you noticed that group participation is allowed, whereas individual protests is not?

People are easier to manipulate when in groups, because the individuals in the group don’t want to break the “cohesion” of the group or jeopardize the group itself with their individual actions.

Here is a simple truth that I hinted at above: we can only be controlled and manipulated when we belong to groups. Isolated as individuals, we are far, far too numerous to deal with. They can only snipe at us, one by one, but this is inefficient, expensive and time consuming for them (which is exactly what we want).

It is also true that you can be far more effective as an individual then in a group. This is one of those little ’secrets’ nobody who belongs to a group (including your own friends and family) want you to know. If you are no longer willing to play by the rules either dictated by or to the group, then you get to play by your own rules, which can make you far more effective.

The real protesters and individuals in our society today are not the groups you see on the television screen waving signs and making speeches, but the unheralded figures who are always working in the background incessantly, living lives of non-compliance and non-cooperation with society

survivalacres.com...

Mod Edit:IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS.Please review this link

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join