It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands Rally with "tea parties" on Tax Day

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Thousands Rally with "tea parties" on Tax Day

news.yahoo.com

FRANKFORT, Ky. – Whipped up by conservative commentators and bloggers, tens of thousands of protesters staged "tea parties" around the country Wednesday to tap into the collective angst stirred up by a bad economy, government spending and bailouts. The rallies were directed at President Barack Obama's new administration on a symbolic day: the deadline to file income taxes. Protesters even threw what appeared to be a box of tea bags toward the White House, causing a brief lockdown at the compound.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wonder whats causing these people to rally together, and form tea parties. I'm not talking about the taxing. As far as I know this (tea parties) hasn't been done in such a large scale in about 200 years. I bet more than 30% of those there have heard about the NWO. This is interesting for me to see the related points from today and back in the 18th century.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't get why it's only the Republicans. It's not like Bush was any better .....

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Can't I be some what liberal and pissed off? The bank bailouts and the way this administration handled the situation and the fallout is deplorable. I'm also really angry at how this country economic system has been controlled all the way going back to Clinton (although I blame George Bush's administration for most of this) I've been quite curious to see how these tea parties go. I was considering going to the one in Seattle until I realized that it was a mainly conservative political movement. I'm down with these in spirit though. I'm interested to see if these have any effect. I doubt they will.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Ron Paul: Tea Parties Are Being Diluted

before you make an assumption
do some research on the recent tea parties
and why some think they are being infatrated

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
very interesting.

yeah, i think the US govt might be trying to dismantle the Fed for the World Nation.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
"Party" is right as these get-togethers didn't accomplish a damn thing. They were probably organized by the govt. They want people engaging in feel-good nonsense like this.

new topics

top topics

join