It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The line under Points?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think I'm the only one who has ever figured this out.

It is based on post count and applause ratio.

Members:

Orange/Red: Super high applause ratio.
Yellow: Moderately High applause ratio.
Green: Low applause ratio.

Staff:

Peach/Pink: Super high applause ratio.
Purple: Moderately high applause ratio.
Blue/Teal: Low applause ratio.

Then as your post count increases, the color lightens. For instance, it will go from a dark green into a lighter green or a dark pink into a light peach.

Edit: And for the record, it took me a couple of weeks to track the color codes in Photoshop to figure it out. It just takes having no life and a lot of time on your hands.

Some of the mod colors still make me curious. I never spent a lot of time on those since I was still a member at the time I worked on it.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

That is where PTS Points used to be posted.

Question answered.

I was here when PTS was ongoing, it was posted as PTS points then, then ATS dropped that as an option.

See it is longer if you have more points? Because it's lateral movement.

Mystery solved.

[edit on 15-4-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD

Members:

Orange/Red: Super high applause ratio.
Yellow: Moderately High applause ratio.
Green: Low applause ratio.

Staff:

Peach/Pink: Super high applause ratio.
Purple: Moderately high applause ratio.
Blue/Teal: Low applause ratio.

Then as your post count increases, the color lightens. For instance, it will go from a dark green into a lighter green or a dark pink into a light peach.

Edit: And for the record, it took me a couple of weeks to track the color codes in Photoshop to figure it out. It just takes having no life and a lot of time on your hands.

[edit on 4/15/2009 by AshleyD]

I have never ever ever seen a PINK bar before. I think they made one especially for you Ash!!!

[edit on 4/15/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
I have never ever ever seen a PINK bar before. I think they made one especially for you Ash!!!

Semper has a peach one, too. He has more posts than I do so mine will eventually fade into a light peach like his.

I just about fainted after becoming a mod and noticed the bar turned pink. It was a yellow-orange right before.

Mine is technically peach (tested it on PS) but it looks pink so that's good enough for me. It was an ATS dream come true.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo

Semper has a peach one, too. He has more posts than I do so mine will eventually fade into a light peach like his.

Semper could not accept Pink so we told him it was peach..... Did I just post that outloud

And JSO size does matter

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I thought it was threads posted to flags received. The guys with full bar seem to be the ones that post more threads?

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
My understanding is that it refers to how "aware" you are and when the NWO is going to show up and take you AWAY. The more your posts hit on the truth, the more you have to fear. Regular use of a Tin Foil Hat can help you to remain safe.

Ah this just made me laugh out loud! Thanks. Funny I have only just recently become "aware" of my bar, one day recently I just saw it and I thought "has that been there all along how come I never saw it???" I have not dare ask what it was so Im glad this thread was started by another, hopefully they will get taken away and NOT me LOL

Ive noticed other strange "lists" on here too but Im not going to speak of them as I fear what will happen to me LOL

Does make you think though....ah its just a bar folks. .......however whats with the colours? I noticed someone had like 100,000 points but only had a small brown bar? Brown what does that mean? These bars and their colours arnt to do with points at all its something else totally.

Interesting topic and its wierd how I became aware of it in the last 2 weeks yet Ive been I member since late 07!!

EDIT...MODS/NWO/GFL/OTHER POWERFULL BODIES PLEASE PLEASE dont take me away for speaking of this

[edit on 16-4-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

It is PEACH!!!!

PEACH I TELL YOU!!!

Semper

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Bar? What bar?

Why do you call it a bar? Are you from Kentucky? Have you seen a large member of the canine family?

I would be very careful who you call bar, if I were you. Use of that name is reserved for certain close associates of your POTUS.

Size doesn't matter. And is it always necessary to enter color into the discussion?

You should consider yourself lucky they don't issue warnings for Sense of Humor Failure.
BTW, I never referred to it as a "bar."

Regarding size:
I'd say it matters since the people with the biggest mouths tend to spew the most nonsense.

You might be well served to leave the bad humor to me and go back to doing whatever it is you presumably do.

I think I'll get some T-shirts printed up that read:

"I asked a simple question and all I got was this crummy thread."

How many would you like? Dare I ask what size?

Wow, this mocking / sarcasm forum is actually quite fun.

Hugs...KK

[edit on 16-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The applause thing I gave up on what motivates mods to applaud anyway. I did a thread once that got 59 flags, 42 stars and not one applause. I did notice I stopped getting applauded when I came out of the Pagan closet.

Semperfortis applaud me when my dog died though! It was a sympathy applause. I did that for a girl once but I didn't applaud. That was a long time ago...

P.S. Oh and her dog didn't die either. I was a bit tipsy too. *sighs* those were the days...

[edit on 16-4-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It is an "applause-o-meter".

mystery solved

And unfortunately I have to add this line in order to answer the question.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I don't know if its as simple as all that. Check profiles on this page. I may be wrong but I don't know...

I think its a conspiracy! On a conspiracy forum! Its like an Internet Russian doll. /jk

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
BTW, I never referred to it as a "bar."

Regarding size:
I'd say it matters since the people with the biggest mouths tend to spew the most nonsense.

You know, if you hadn't brought up the topic, I wouldn't have even noticed you had a bar-line. I would have thought it was only a few dead pixels on the screen.
j/k

You might be well served to leave the bad humor to me and go back to doing whatever it is you presumably do.

Why? What have you heard?

I think I'll get some T-shirts printed up that read:

"I asked a simple question and all I got was this crummy thread."

How many would you like? Dare I ask what size?

Broad in the shoulder and narrow in the hip will do. One to wear and one for a spare.

Wow, this mocking / sarcasm forum is actually quite fun.

Hugs...KK

That's the ticket.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

you have two bars I see. what does that mean then??? Plus they are colours I have not seen together very often.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

I have no idea what they mean. If I had to guess, I'd say that the mods are slowly building a cage around me. They'll lure me in with my favorite foods and music, and then BAM! they'll slam the door shut and lose the key.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

well whatever yellow means, your very very yellow in your posts! I find it funny my name is Green and I have a green bar LOL

Ms green

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Well my eyes must be off it looks like it's almost a pale yellow?

Ashley thanks for clearing that up. Mystery solved.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yes, his is now shifting into a pale yellow-green if you test it on Photoshop. That happens because staff cannot receive applause. So our applause count will stagnate while our post count still increases. That will eventually change our ratio greatly, which will result in our color bar shifting. Semper started with a pale peach when he was first promoted but the peach is now yellowing due to this.

Members can always receive applause though so their bar will typically stay within the same tones as their post and applause counts increase.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Originally posted by Mr Green

well whatever yellow means, your very very yellow in your posts!

Surely you meant to say "mellow", no?

Yes, his is now shifting into a pale yellow-green if you test it on Photoshop. That happens because staff cannot receive applause. So our applause count will stagnate while our post count still increases. That will eventually change our ratio greatly, which will result in our color bar shifting. Semper started with a pale peach when he was first promoted but the peach is now yellowing due to this.

Pssst....I saw Semper out there last night scrubbing his bar with bleach. That's why it's faded.

Just kiddin', Semp.

posted on Apr, 16 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I was just wondering then, if you look at jsobecky's, FredT's, Semperforis's, or Valhall's two bars they are different colors?

Seems to me that that would suggest there might be a little more to this "Bar Color Conspiracy" that we don't know about!!

[edit on 4/16/2009 by Keyhole]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join